◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Can you guys tell me how many versions of GT6 will be released? because here in Portugal the stores only have the normal and the anniversary edition for pre-order, will it be the 15th anniversary special or a different one? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Thanks to dab and that link, I finally preordered. I'll be picking the game launch day. I'm even considering taking the day off... Got it from gamestop, all those cars!

Final Banner:)

A few quick points. Since there were multiple images to choose from I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings but ultimately I must pic one image to use:nervous: This is a bit random of a process for me and does not mean I do not like all the pictures. But if I summed up what I look for it would be this:

1. Well composed and lit image (does not have to be bright)
2. An image that captures the spirit of racing, the car or the track (ideally all three).
3. Something original

So I hope everyone keeps posting pictures and for inspiration check out this thread

Final Banner:)

A few quick points. Since there were multiple images to choose from I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings but ultimately I must pic one image to use:nervous: This is a bit random of a process for me and does not mean I do not like all the pictures. But if I summed up what I look for it would be this:

1. Well composed and lit image (does not have to be bright)
2. An image that captures the spirit of racing, the car or the track (ideally all three).
3. Something original

So I hope everyone keeps posting pictures and for inspiration check out this thread

I like your criteria, joby. Do you recall who provided that pic? I need to give him credit for it. I'll search back through the thread if you don't recall of the top of your head.

EDIT: Found it. DriftinAssassin has been given credit for the pic on the lineup post (and the next post as well) :)

Last edited:
September 8, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

(click here for max hp and PP)

ROUND ONE
Lotus Elise RM '96 (135 hp/478 PP)(Racing Hard tires)
@Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse (5 laps)

ELise96RM_GVSR_zps37422e6e.jpg

photo by Chiochan

ROUND TWO
Mazda Roadster TC (Racing Hard tires)
@Road Course - Indy (6 laps)

roadsterTC_IRC_zps644f0cab.jpg

photo by DriftinAssassin

ROUND THREE
GT by Citroën Road Car (Sports Soft tires)
@Tokyo R246 / Reverse (6 laps)

CitroenGTroad_R246_R_zps91c42b1a.jpg

photo by EAO-HarleyMan

Last edited:
Hehehehehe :D I am overcome with joy seeing my picture on the official banner for Sunday nights.
:)

And now for something completely different...

I have been thinking of a new event. I am hoping that the new course maker in GT6 (especially if it does have 2500+ Square Km of area) will allow for the creation of a wide range of lifelike roads. Coupled with the hopefully improved physics and more cars I think it is time to try to have the following event:

Car of the Year

The plan:
1. Nominate the car you think is the best drivers car for the designated year
2. Show up in the lobby at the appointed time
3. Drive all the cars (10-15 minutes each) on a long (5+ mile) custom track (The track will be created just prior to the event). Everyone should be on track at the same time but will be free to pick the order of the cars as they see fit.
4. Decide which car is the most fun

The person that nominates the winning car chooses the next year to try.

The focus is on driving in a manner that is realistic to driving on a real road. Traffic will be going in both directions. Passing should be done in a safe and reasonable manner. Damage will be set to high and wrecking will be frowned upon (and we will make fun of you for weeks after:dunce: ). Keep it within your limits and the cars limit. After you have driven each car at least once simply think which three cars were the most fun. Drive them each one more time then vote for your winner.

Driving in both directions is encouraged as is spirited driving. But you must drive in a manner to avoid incidents with others and to also not wreck the car you are in.

Banter is encouraged during the event:) Drinking is optional;)

A few final thoughts. This is targeted at drivers who use wheels with a clutch. This is not to exclude people but just that the idea behind this is about the joy of driving and for that I believe you need a wheel and a clutch. If the car you are driving is a new car that only comes in paddle shift then using two pedals should be used as it will more accurately reflect the driving experience. Tuning is prohibited. Tires will be the tires that come on the car when bought.

This would not be a regularly scheduled event. Simply one that happens at a certain time and does not conflict with a scheduled SNAIL event.

Anyone like the idea?

Going to run some laps in the 100 cc Karts tonight at 9:00 P.M. Eastern. Join us if you'd like!

3 - 20 minute races, laps to be determined. Good times 👍

Circuito de Madrid Mini
Autumn Ring Mini
Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track / Reverse

Going to run some laps in the 100 cc Karts tonight at 9:00 P.M. Eastern. Join us if you'd like!

3 - 20 minute races, laps to be determined. Good times 👍

Circuito de Madrid Mini
Autumn Ring Mini
Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track / Reverse

I'll try to be there! Might be a little late though. Just wait for me. :)

I have a feeling you guys are in D2. Which I don't have. :P Its fine guys, go on without me!! (In an over exaggerating tone)

I have to back out so we can switch hosts, send fr, will accept.

EDIT: fr sent

EDIT2: last race coming up 👍

Last edited:
Survey done.. good idea!

Thanks pyxen! It was Oshawa's!

I have to say, some of the comments being submitted with the test IRs are hilarious.

If anyone else would like to be one of the folks helping test this new system before it goes live, please PM me for details and to get added to the list of testers.

Thanks

Thanks pyxen! It was Oshawa's!

I have to say, some of the comments being submitted with the test IRs are hilarious.

If anyone else would like to be one of the folks helping test this new system before it goes live, please PM me for details and to get added to the list of testers.

Thanks

I had to sign up just so I could write my own fake incident report :lol:

Thanks! Updated. 👍

Anyone got a good feel whether Round 2 will be 5 or 6 laps?

1:42-1:44 lap times are there. So 6 laps here too.

CHECK OUT THE FUTURE IN GAMING
Triple Monitors will be a thing of the past

GTP DISCUSSION THREAD

SONY GETTING INTO THE VR GAME

Their is a price point of like $300 being thrown out for the Oculus Rift when the 1080p unit is available to consumers!!! 720p Developers Unit put now and can be purchased.

Last edited:
Back