◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
What room number??? It's 10:10pm

The Sunday night league races always take place in my private lounge so that only Snails can participate. We only create room numbers in the open lobby on the non-league nights.

btw, great last race with you! Sorry I had to snag it at the end, but considering the night I had, that was the definitely the highlight of my night!

Wow, we had a packed house tonight! Good thing I limited the number of participants in my lounge to 14, otherwise we would had had the default 16 participants, which would have created even more lag. With so many guys racing, we definitely got bit hard by the bug tonight, but here are the results:

1st: Diabolicwyvern -- selected Prize A
2nd: kcheeb --------- selected Prize B
3rd: whatbadgerseat - selected Prize C
4th: aDirtySpic-
5th: DjX2391
6th: SCREAMING_CHIEF
7th: jlbowler
8th: AG07WRXTR
9th: spooble
10th: GTsail2
11th: ckoerner210
12th: zer05ive
13th: cmbeal317
14th: dvdoughboy

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07 @Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Diabolicwyvern selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Toyota 86 GT '12 @Nürburgring GP/F
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. kcheeb got Prize B, so he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

whatbadgerseat got Prize C, so he gets any car he wants (up to $999,999).

zer05ive
Wow, we had a packed house tonight! Good thing I limited the number of participants in my lounge to 14, otherwise we would had had the default 16 participants, which would have created even more lag. With so many guys racing, we definitely got bit hard by the bug tonight, but here are the results:

1st: Diabolicwyvern -- selected Prize A
2nd: kcheeb --------- selected Prize B
3rd: whatbadgerseat - selected Prize C
4th: aDirtySpic-
5th: DjX2391
6th: SCREAMING_CHIEF
7th: jlbowler
8th: AG07WRXTR
9th: spooble
10th: GTsail2
11th: ckoerner210
12th: zer05ive
13th: cmbeal317
14th: dvdoughboy

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07 @Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Diabolicwyvern selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Toyota 86 GT '12 @Nürburgring GP/F
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. kcheeb got Prize B, so he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

whatbadgerseat got Prize C, so he gets any car he wants (up to $999,999).
man had I been in all the races I would've won :(

That was a lot of fun, really glad I joined this league. It was a bit choppy due to being hit from the gt5 bug. Therefore it was hard to keep it as clean as I'm sure we would like to. Either way I apologize for the unintentional bumping and what not. I don't think I did that bad for my first ever online league race with rules etc. Excited to see what the new choices are!

#aDirtySpic-

I agree with SaGa, I apologize for any harsh bumping as well due to jumpiness. I had a blast though. Oh and any gentle bumps, well rubbin' is racing right?

Zer05ive, you and I had a close last race, amazing, if you hadn't slipped up a couple of times on the last lap I would have never caught you. Darn the draft.

Also I'm curious, how many of you actually broke in your cars, or changed the oil or anything? I was so busy this week, I just signed on bought the cars and tires, and then it was time to race. Lots of fun though!

djx2391, what did you do to your Toyota 86 that first race? You were miles ahead.

^^^It was the second race...I won the first race. Broke in spirit and 86 with b spec grand valley enduro. Left bmw as stock^^^

I think winners from the first five races had the benefit of no slow down. Once a driver was clear of the pack the quirks stopped showing up for them. To benefit those practicing mid week, I'll have a selection later today.

@dj--there's always next week. I shall be ready to defend the crown once more!

Last edited:
^^^It was the second race...I won the first race. Broke in spirit and 86 with b spec grand valley enduro. Left bmw as stock^^^

Yeah, I forgot I showed up late because I was looking for a room number, forgot it was in Zero's lounge.

Good racing Diab!

Another good night of racing! Had a blast.

Too bad about getting bit by the bug, it was super hard trying to maintain position and not smoke the guy in front or beside you, when in the pack. Driving with fewer people was much easier, but from my times, I'd say the time was still slowed down. Maybe not as much as when in the larger pack, but not qualifying time by a long shot.

I'm going to do my replacement in Round 3, going to replace the Mazda RX7 with ...

Now that I've got diabolics attention :)

I am going to do my replacement in Round 3 but it'll be the track. Out goes Indy Road Course, in comes Autumn Ring.

I'll be posting the correct replacement tonight ... :dunce:

Last edited:
I might be confused kcheeb but don't you have to make you're choice on the 2nd most voted round? Which was the 86 GT at nurgburgring gp? Diabolic gets to change round 2s BMW/tm reverse completely correct? Correct me if I'm wrong please..

I might be confused kcheeb but don't you have to make you're choice on the 2nd most voted round? Which was the 86 GT at nurgburgring gp? Diabolic gets to change round 2s BMW/tm reverse completely correct? Correct me if I'm wrong please..

I wish I could, but you're right :)

I'll correct my post, thanks SaGa.

Lucky me cheeb you've got to change round 1.

I've not decided on the replacement yet for round two but for certain the car will be more powerful than the spirit...I'm ready to finish with a new car.

Lucky me cheeb you've got to change round 1.

I've not decided on the replacement yet for round two but for certain the car will be more powerful than the spirit...I'm ready to finish with a new car.

Something LMP'ish, GT500, or how about a Nascar run :)

jag302ci
I agree with SaGa, I apologize for any harsh bumping as well due to jumpiness. I had a blast though. Oh and any gentle bumps, well rubbin' is racing right?

Zer05ive, you and I had a close last race, amazing, if you hadn't slipped up a couple of times on the last lap I would have never caught you. Darn the draft.

Also I'm curious, how many of you actually broke in your cars, or changed the oil or anything? I was so busy this week, I just signed on bought the cars and tires, and then it was time to race. Lots of fun though!

djx2391, what did you do to your Toyota 86 that first race? You were miles ahead.
Yeah I wasn't there for the first race diabolic won that one and I'm sure he won the last three too lol, I didn't do anything to it lol I just love that track ask sagaspeedlab, on two seperate races I started off in 14th and won both lol on trial mountain though I started in 14th one race and diabolic stole it from me so I finished second on the second trial mountain run I started in 13th and kcheeb took advantage of my one slip up lol. The last run however I won. Some really fine racing it was pretty fun.

@diabolic seems to me like you finally have competition up front lol. Hopefully I can make all the races next week so we can battle it out again!

EDIT: lets do a gt500 run on the nurb nord! :) and also to anyone who wants to practice randomly throughout the week add me djx2391 on psn I host and usually do practice runs with sagaspeedlab, alleycat and a few others!

Last edited:
I discount the first five races altogether. With the bug in the room even the two races I won were undeserved.

don't think we'd finish in a timely fashion if Nurb was in the lineup. Friday, though, we can run spec anything but lmps since they're not on the list. HINT HINT Kaz.

I won't shy from competition...I just get bored waiting for it to catch up! :lol:

Last edited:
diabolicwyvern
I discount the first five races altogether. With the bug in the room even the two races I won were undeserved.

don't think we'd finish in a timely fashion if Nurb was in the lineup. Friday, though, we can run spec anything but lmps since they're not on the list. HINT HINT Kaz.

I won't shy from competition...I just get bored waiting for it to catch up! :lol:
awe cmon all those wins were deserved :(

EDIT: Friday night nurb runs? I'm down!

Last edited:
Just wanted to apologize for last night. It seems even though everybody was affected by the jumpiness of the race I caused most the mayhem. Won't happen again.

Sorry I could not made it back to the room, all my friends did not have the DLC and I decided to play with them.

No worries, I understand completely. We actually didn't have room anyways since we hit the 14 participant limit that I had set my lounge too. However, there wasn't any DLC needed to join regardless. All of the cars and tracks we used are available with the base game.

Is this an ongoing league?
Can you join at any time?

Yes, this is an ongoing league. We're still very new (last night was only our fifth league night) but I plan on keeping this going indefinitely. You can join if there's room, but right now there are more people who want to race than we have room for. Because of the GT5 bug, we're going to start limiting the league nights to 12 drivers. Let me know if you'd like to join and I'll put your name on the reserve driver list.

While we wait for diabolic and kcheeb to announce their new car and track choices, I've got a small announcement about what I like to call "slug nights". A slug night is similar to our Sunday night league nights, but without the "shell" of a rigid format. Get it? A snail without a shell is a.. nevermind.. :rolleyes:

Diabolic has already been hosting these on Friday nights, and now dvdoughboy has volunteered to host these on Wednesday nights as well.. As always, these will be hosted in the open lobby so that non-snails can join as well. Keep an eye out on this thread for the room number if you want to join on one of those nights. They will run at the same time as our league nights, which is 10pm EST / 9pm CST.

Last edited:
I'll have the new combination edited to this post by 1:00AM EST. I'm having trouble deciding between a few 500+ PP european cars...

@ Zer05ive-- I'll create a new post. :)

For an idea on how to create 2 lobbies...relegation and promotion. Top three in second lobby up, bottom three in lobby a down

Last edited:
Maybe we can have two separate lobbies going on at the same time

I've been contemplating an idea.. more to come..

I'll have the new combination edited to this post by 1:00AM EST. I'm having trouble deciding between a few 500+ PP european cars...

Please do me a favor and just submit a new post. When you update an existing post it doesn't show up with a "new post" notification (which is what I look for to go in and update the line-up) Last time I waited until Tuesday waiting for your decision before I realized you had updated an older post much earlier lol

Jeez zero you read my mind bro! I was just chatting with my gf over dinner telling her I want to host a Wednesday night league but geared towards the snail guys. Similar format and what not, intermediate drivers. I can't wait once a week for good racing like that! Anywho just blabbing away. I'd like to talk to ya more about it as I'd like to seek your help.

Hey Snails,

Made my choice for Round 1 :dopey:

I'll be replacing the Toyota 86 GT '12 with the Ferrari - 458 Italia '09

A car I fell in love with grinding for $'s at Circuit de la Sarthe. I think it'll work well at the Nurburgring GP/F.

Jeez zero you read my mind bro! I was just chatting with my gf over dinner telling her I want to host a Wednesday night league but geared towards the snail guys. Similar format and what not, intermediate drivers. I can't wait once a week for good racing like that! Anywho just blabbing away. I'd like to talk to ya more about it as I'd like to seek your help.

great minds think alike lol. I just talked to dvdoughboy and he said you can host on Wednesday nights if you want to. Let me know.

Latest Posts

Back