◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,845 comments
If your looking at the two, the extra grand is worth the extra 20 hp and LSD. Not to mention the 6 speed. It's an easy engine to get near 200 hp too.

If your looking at the two, the extra grand is worth the extra 20 hp and LSD. Not to mention the 6 speed. It's an easy engine to get near 200 hp too.

That's my concern. The Spec V just gives me the feeling it's been "driven" more that the other. I imagine some of the parts are more expensive to replace too. Going to be a hard choice. I have to keep reminding myself it's supposed to be a commuter car :mischievous: Guy with the SE-R is throwing in a set of snows on the stock rims. Kinda exciting where I'll be driving, Eh?

Thank you Handlebar, but I'm not really back, but nevertheless, Thank you. :)

I was simply listening to the podcast, heard Zer05ive's name, and figured I'd come here and see what's going on in the league, found the results of the races on Sunday - figured I'd say hello and give my congrats all around. 👍

I'm not able to join you guys for racing as my work schedule really sucks. :grumpy: If something changes with work, I might look to come back - who knows.

Congrats to all the division podium finishing drivers for their efforts. Props! 👍

On a personal note; AJK-VAIL & tcrash15, Nice! :)

I really haven't followed the S.N.A.I.L. thread like I did when I raced with you all, so I hope I'm not spilling some secret information,
zer05ive; G'luck with your interview on the Real Podcast Simulator. I just learned about it upcoming interview in the latest podcast. I'm sure everyone in S.N.A.I.L. is looking forward to it. .
👍

Thanks Maddie! Sure do miss Thursday night tutoring with you!:)

Congrats to all the division podium finishing drivers for their efforts. Props! 👍

On a personal note; AJK-VAIL & tcrash15, Nice! :)

With a lot of you and Mopars help! Thanks!

Congratz Zer05ive =)

Howdy all!

Where you bean, beany?

Thanks Maddie! Sure do miss Thursday night tutoring with you!:)

Totally agree! How about for old time sake:idea:

This is kinda out of the blue, but we have a lot of "car guys" here so...

Looking at getting a winter commuting car. Found good deals on 2005 Nissan Sentras. One is SE-R with auto and the other is SE-R Spec V with a 6 speed for a grand more. Both are in awesome condition for the age. Was looking at Mazdas same years and they are falling apart.

Anyone have an opinion to share?

I have to admit that all the GT Academy marketing has me really looking at Nissans. I can see a new Nissan in the not to distant future.

Yes, I also drink the beer that has the best commercials at the time.

I have a 2003 Spec-V. Get the manual (obviously). I think they had gotten all of the bugs out of the motor by 2005, but I know the QR25 has some... issues. On mine I've had to take the intake manifold off and put loctite on the screws the hold the butterfly valves on. I've also put on a header to get rid of the inevitable failure of the pre-cat. Either way, I've had mine for 10 years and it still runs well.

I read the 2003 spec v was the year to get. Might have to go with the auto with snow tires. Had no idea these cars are as good as they are. Took both for a test drive and liked them a lot

I'm biased toward Subies for winter driving. Anything from 2004 or later just needs an occasional timing belt and regular maintenance. I guess the price could rule them out vs. a Nissan though. It seems like you pay an extra $2k for what you get with a Subaru -- here anyway.

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 6 October 2013

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Well dang. My signature, and probably some others as well, as it stands now, will be toast when the site update goes live. Big fat 👎 to that.

As to my pick. Spa will be staying. If I could figure out how to get everybody a Chaparral 2D, we'd run that, just so we could wake the neighbors up. Since it's not in the OCD, I'll have to settle for something else. Maybe that Audi R10 TDI. Can I pick that?

Last edited:
Well dang. My signature, and probably some others as well, as it stands now, will be toast when the site update goes live. Big fat 👎 to that.

As to my pick. Spa will be staying. If I could figure out how to get everybody a Chaparral 2D, we'd run that, just so we could wake the neighbors up. Since it's not in the OCD, I'll have to settle for something else. Maybe that Audi R10 TDI. Can I pick that?

Fits the track...music to my ears! 👍

WARNING
Photo overload

Division 4: Race 1 @ Cape Ring Inside

Hope you liked the photos, only had time to takes these ones, if you enjoyed them I can take photos from combos 2 and 3 tomorrow night. :)

Awesome pics! Very well done, especially considering it's your first photo post! 👍

Be sure to collect your $hells because I plan to start selling things on the Marketplace soon. :sly:

For Dragonwhisky:

There are two versions of the "Stewards Update." I wasn't sure if it meant an update from one steward, all stewards, or an update to the stewards. Just thought I'd cover all grammatical bases.

I'm starting to have some major banner-envy. :( (and I think Dragonwhisky is intentionally trying to rub it in with his double-banner posts! :lol:)

Last edited:
I really haven't followed the S.N.A.I.L. thread like I did when I raced with you all, so I hope I'm not spilling some secret information,
zer05ive; G'luck with your interview on the Real Podcast Simulator. I just learned about it upcoming interview in the latest podcast. I'm sure everyone in S.N.A.I.L. is looking forward to it. .
👍

Congratz Zer05ive =)

Howdy all!

Thanks you guys, it's great to hear from you both! Feels just like old times! However, I think the interview y'all are talking is probably my recent Member of the Week interview because I don't know about any other interview that I've been asked to give. :)

So, I've been working to upload videos from this past sundays races. I've come across an interesting issue though. I can't get the damn things to upload right. As others have pointed out, the race results screen appears (i believe the last frame in the video) and all you can do is hear the audio. Anyone else had this issue before? It plays fine on my laptop and pc, but not on youtube... Gonna try converting the .ts files again and see if that might be the issue.

S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Series tonight at 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time
SNAIL_Division2 lounge

Tonights lineup 125 Karts:

Race 1 - Indy Road - 9 laps
Race 2 - Autumn Ring - 11 laps
Race 3 - Cape Ring - North - 9 laps (the jump is manageable dabney ;))
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval - 18 laps

We allow transmission tuning :gasp:

Here's the settings I'll (and likely DragonWhisky) be running tonight, scroll to the right to the 125's.

I'll try to make out for recording purposes. Won't be racing though.
Actually, I see DA has made it out there. Any chance your running tonight?

Go edit your signature, copy the raw data out to a text document. When the new version goes live, paste it back in.

Back