◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
I do not think either side is going to back down or change perspective right away.

Please consider - to both sides - "I see we are going to disagree... Next topic!"

I am in both camps - things I like and things I do not like this week.

Next week will be different.

I agree to disagree... but I think that testing should be done under normal racing conditions and not just with one.
Running laps by yourself and racing with a field of 16 is not the same thing.

Kind of off topic, but do you think that was a wise pass attempt by the Miata?
As pointed out by others, we can only speculate on what truly happened during corner exit. However, to answer your question on whether or not it was a wise pass attempt, my opinion is that it was a no-brainer pass attempt. I'm not saying this because he had pulled alongside (and therefore not a dive bomb) or anything like that.. I say this because the Porsche simply overshot the turn and missed the apex, leaving a wide open door for the Miata. Also, based on the footage before the incident (and also the fact that there was an incident in the first place), I don't think the Porsche was intentionally letting the Miata by. He simply made a mistake and left a huge opening. A quote by Ayrton Senna comes to mind.. "..if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.."

DISCLAIMER: Although Ayrton Senna was one of the best drivers the world has ever known, please don't try to emulate his driving style when participating in S.N.A.I.L. events. He was an overly-aggressive driver who just happened to be overly-skilled as well. He was not liked by his fellow drivers because of his racing style, but he didn't care because he was getting paid millions to compete and win at the pinnacle of motorsport. So unless you are being paid millions to race in S.N.A.I.L., please don't drive like Ayrton Senna here. I am only quoting him because I agree that any racing driver should go for a gap that exists. The issue I have with anyone driving like Senna in this league is that he went for gaps that didn't exist as well (or only existed because another driver moved over for fear of being wrecked).

Last edited:
As pointed out by others, we can only speculate on what truly happened during corner exit. However, to answer your question on whether or not it was a wise pass attempt, my opinion is that it was a no-brainer pass attempt. I'm not saying this because he had pulled alongside (and therefore not a dive bomb) or anything like that.. I say this because the Porsche simply overshot the turn and missed the apex, leaving a wide open door for the Miata. Also, based on the footage before the incident (and also the fact that there was an incident in the first place), I don't think the Porsche was intentionally letting the Miata by. He simply make a mistake and left a huge opening. A quote by Ayrton Senna comes to mind.. "..if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.."

DISCLAIMER: Although Ayrton Senna was one of the best drivers the world has ever known, please don't try to emulate his driving style when participating in S.N.A.I.L. events. He was an overly-aggressive driver who just happened to be overly-skilled as well. He was not liked by his fellow drivers because of his overly-aggressive racing style, but he didn't care because he was getting paid millions to compete and win at the pinnacle of motorsport. So unless you are being paid millions to race in S.N.A.I.L., please don't drive like Ayrton Senna here. I am only quoting him because I agree that any racing driver should go for a gap that exists. The issue I have with anyone driving like Senna in this league is that he went for gaps that didn't exist as well (or only existed because another driver moved over for fear of being wrecked).

Indeed. Senna and Hunt are my idols, but Prost and Lauda are my role models.

Firing off a practice session in about 15-20 min...
stand by for room number.

1472-6118-3830-2746-9880

Joining the other room.

Last edited:
Well, that only took 3 hours. Catching up on almost a week's worth of SNAILs of Thunder, that is.

Looks like the usual for our house though. A back drop of improvement proposals and counter proposals, the seemingly endless supply of what are the new combo questions, the pretty pictures of the different events SNAIL members participate in.

I am currently sitting in a hotel in southern Florida, after a tour of a few Bahamian islands, about to fall asleep in preparation for finishing this adventure tomorrow night.

To all ya'll waiting for Sunday and the show that keeps us up nights, here's a snap of a show that happens differently, every morning and every night, somewhere on the third rock.

20140211_065406.jpg

That was taken with the phone I'm posting this from.

Goodnight all and I hope to catch up again on Sunday.

@JoeW sorry about not responding sooner. I was literally off the grid and didn't see your post until tonight. That picture was taken somewhere in Miami. Don't recall exactly where. Mighta' still been in the garage where we picked up the car.
@Azure Flare no' it wasn't the z28. It was, as @fastfox400 said, a 2014 V6 and it did have the Flappy paddle 6 speed. I liked it so much, I'm thinking of trading in my 04 impala for one. It'll have to be blue though. That's a deal breaker for me these days.

Well, that only took 3 hours. Catching up on almost a week's worth of SNAILs of Thunder, that is.

Looks like the usual for our house though. A back drop of improvement proposals and counter proposals, the seemingly endless supply of what are the new combo questions, the pretty pictures of the different events SNAIL members participate in.

I am currently sitting in a hotel in southern Florida, after a tour of a few Bahamian islands, about to fall asleep in preparation for finishing this adventure tomorrow night.

To all ya'll waiting for Sunday and the show that keeps us up nights, here's a snap of a show that happens differently, every morning and every night, somewhere on the third rock.

View attachment 115347

That was taken with the phone I'm posting this from.

Goodnight all and I hope to catch up again on Sunday.

@JoeW sorry about not responding sooner. I was literally off the grid and didn't see your post until tonight. That picture was taken somewhere in Miami. Don't recall exactly where. Mighta' still been in the garage where we picked up the car.
@Azure Flare no' it wasn't the z28. It was, as @fastfox400 said, a 2014 V6 and it did have the Flappy paddle 6 speed. I liked it so much, I'm thinking of trading in my 04 impala for one. It'll have to be blue though. That's a deal breaker for me these days.
Well if you get anywhere near Tampa, let me know and we can grab a brew :)

@OwensRacing did your girlfriend make you an iRacing version of this today? :sly:

Regardless, happy birthday man! :cheers:

Normal tasty cake. Last years while vidually amazing wasnt so tasty.

However she hooked it up!

GT6 GTR USB Memory stick
GT6 BMW Race Car poster.

Evo T shirts. Custom one with silver Evo and my F8L VIII plates.

Sweet Chivas Regal 18 color change LED lamp.

She sure takes good care of me. Truly blessed to have her.

V-Day she got me an RC Quad copter with video camera and more.

Im thinking I should marry this woman.

What all have you added there dab? I spot wheel, paddles, and shifter knob. Anything else you tossed in? Looks like a really nice rig, but I don't know that I could do away with my side view buttons on the wheel.

Normal tasty cake. Last years while vidually amazing wasnt so tasty.

However she hooked it up!

GT6 GTR USB Memory stick
GT6 BMW Race Car poster.

Evo T shirts. Custom one with silver Evo and my F8L VIII plates.

Sweet Chivas Regal 18 color change LED lamp.

She sure takes good care of me. Truly blessed to have her.

V-Day she got me an RC Quad copter with video camera and more.

Im thinking I should marry this woman.
I Do Believe That Is What They Call A "Keeper".

Back