◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Still waiting on D1 and D8 to enter results from last night.

Edit: It would appear from a few posts up that D8 has set aside some time to work on it.
I think he is asking when the results doc will be made available so he can enter the data. He said in a few posts back he would be entering data for D1 but did not have access to the directors doc

For anyone interested in Kart practice.
Friends Only - don't want to deal with public tonight.

Closed

Last edited:
I think he is asking when the results doc will be made available so he can enter the data. He said in a few posts back he would be entering data for D1 but did not have access to the directors doc

He is waiting to enter the data (lap times and gaps) for D3. The rest of us are waiting on the last two divisions to enter results (finishing positions) so that information can be transferred to the publically viewable results document.

@sho yuki,
Thanks for your interest.
In order to ensure the quality of our races we will need you to test your internet speeds and ping using www.speedtest.net
Please choose a server from North America when you perform the test. Please post your results in a reply to me.
May join and visit D7?
hi sho. We just need you to test your internet speed and ping. We are a North American League. We need to make sure your connection speed will not have a negative impact on our race quality. Follow the link above.

I know we have had a lot of new drivers join over the last few months. If you are looking for some fun racing on Tuesday be sure to check out the kart series run by @dabneyd

But do not forget that there is also this
DTC - Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

05/06/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
All Cars PP must be between 445 and 492

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

La Sarthe '09 No Chicanes

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the

The series is laid back and you get to choose your own cars (within a few limits). It can take a few weeks to get a good grasp of car selection but the guys who race are great and will always help explain things. The full thread can be found here

Yea I am tired of the WC not being able to win a prize:(

I hear a bit of the desire to win a prize, but after two years of never sniffing a prize, my violin of sympathy is pretty small. No, that is generous.

Of course, during that time, I was in several divisions of similarly leveled skill, with several months of drivers placed a division (or three) below their capability by our initial time trial. It is the way it is. I was not in a single division leveled only by time zone... and, yes, I did not come out enough on top to win an award over others in similarly leveled divisions. Them is the rules. Got it.

I am a small fish among several pretty 'bigger than me' ponds. Dominating a single (WC) pond, or even hot lapping like a madman (GT Academy times truly impressive, no joke), is not the same as winning the night in a a full room full of peers over six races, honestly.

Please do not misunderstand. Winning WC isn't necessarily easy. Do it in the D1-D8 rooms - especially if you have been in the division more than two months - and I will be more inclined to agree with winning a prize, or help build 2-3 more WC divisions to make the achievement more relevant to your skill level. Before then, while WC is still a division with a group of regulars, and some volunteer fillers, it can't be rewarded equally to the others, imho.

Yes, I know there will be some knee jerk responses thinking I am dissing the drivers in WC. Not so. I disagree with giving WC an equal share of a prize when the division winner does not face the same challenge as other divisions. No more than that.

I hear a bit of the desire to win a prize, but after two years of never sniffing a prize, my violin of sympathy is pretty small. No, that is generous.

Of course, during that time, I was in several divisions of similarly leveled skill, with several months of drivers placed a division (or three) below their capability by our initial time trial. It is the way it is. I was not in a single division leveled only by time zone... and, yes, I did not come out enough on top to win an award over others in similarly leveled divisions. Them is the rules. Got it.

I am a small fish among several pretty 'bigger than me' ponds. Dominating a single (WC) pond, or even hot lapping like a madman (GT Academy times truly impressive, no joke), is not the same as winning the night in a a full room full of peers over six races, honestly.

Please do not misunderstand. Winning WC isn't necessarily easy. Do it in the D1-D8 rooms - especially if you have been in the division more than two months - and I will be more inclined to agree with winning a prize, or help build 2-3 more WC divisions to make the achievement more relevant to your skill level. Before then, while WC is still a division with a group of regulars, and some volunteer fillers, it can't be rewarded equally to the others, imho.

Yes, I know there will be some knee jerk responses thinking I am dissing the drivers in WC. Not so. I disagree with giving WC an equal share of a prize when the division winner does not face the same challenge as other divisions. No more than that.
I totally understand your points. The point I was trying to get at is that we have no say in the combos we are running. That does not have to be the case. Is there a reason we have to run the same combos?

I totally understand your points. The point I was trying to get at is that we have no say in the combos we are running. That does not have to be the case. Is there a reason we have to run the same combos?

So... You are giving up your franchise, your voting rights, and forming a new series?

So... You are giving up your franchise, your voting rights, and forming a new series?
Sure voting is nice and I have no desire to leave SNAIL. That should be obvious by how much I have done compared to how little I have actually raced. I am simply saying that there is little gained by us running the same combos. Sure we get some idea of how we compare. But it does not mean we win anything. We get no chance to choose the combos. All we get to do is vote which combo we do not like. What is the downside of letting us run and choose our own combos?

Sure voting is nice and I have no desire to leave SNAIL. That should be obvious by how much I have done compared to how little I have actually raced. I am simply saying that there is little gained by us running the same combos. Sure we get some idea of how we compare. But it does not mean we win anything. We get no chance to choose the combos. All we get to do is vote which combo we do not like. What is the downside of letting us run and choose our own combos?

So long as you're keeping track of all the data and no longer "vote"? None.

None, as long as it is clearly not the same series.

That IS what you are asking for, isn't it?

Run what you want, not what 8 other divisions run?

Sounds like West Coast Custom (Combos).

The idea of running a different series is solid - SNAIL Approved, even - it just shouldn't drive the train everyone else is riding on Sunday night.

The goal should be to get WC up to 3 divisions or whatever number allows WC to participate in voting and prizes. I'm sure it will happen with more effort on recruitment.

D1 Drivers, we need your help please. I'm assuming @fizzer did not race last night since he's very reliable entering the results into the score sheet. If he didn't race last night, please let us know who is keeping score. We need your results entered so that we can make the results post. Thanks!

So why not do both? Run the standard SNAIL routine but add a 4th combo for just the WC gang. All scoring and voting will pertain to the regular line up but the WC (and only the WC) can engage in picking the "last" round. Should only add about 30 minutes to your night and would help reward the division...

Maybe we can put a time limit on a division to input their data, record votes and upload replays, or they are ineligible for prizes/voting for the week.

Make it more interesting, and likely to get volunteers, if a rule that nobody could be promoted that month if this happened, and, say, 30% of the division would/could be relegated...

It would likely get more hands in the air or butts off of seats.

Good night, gentlemen. I will be here all week. Try the veal!

Maybe we can put a time limit on a division to input their data, record votes and upload replays, or they are ineligible for prizes/voting for the week.

Make it more interesting, and likely to get volunteers, if a rule that nobody could be promoted that month if this happened, and, say, 30% of the division would/could be relegated...

It would likely get more hands in the air or butts off of seats.

Good night, gentlemen. I will be here all week. Try the veal!
I was with you until the part about 30% of d1 ends back in D2 :scared:.

I know we have had a lot of new drivers join over the last few months. If you are looking for some fun racing on Tuesday be sure to check out the kart series run by @dabneyd

But do not forget that there is also this
DTC - Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

05/06/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:
All Cars PP must be between 445 and 492

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

La Sarthe '09 No Chicanes

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the

The series is laid back and you get to choose your own cars (within a few limits). It can take a few weeks to get a good grasp of car selection but the guys who race are great and will always help explain things. The full thread can be found here

Thanks, @jobyone! We're running X2014 Jrs tomorrow night! Exclamation points!

D1 Drivers, we need your help please. I'm assuming @fizzer did not race last night since he's very reliable entering the results into the score sheet. If he didn't race last night, please let us know who is keeping score. We need your results entered so that we can make the results post. Thanks!
Sent pictures of the scores to @jobyone an hour ago and I have replays also.

Back