◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,793 comments
If you are listed as a host or back up host on the Team SNAIL sheet, you need to send a PSN friend request to jlbowler. This needs to be done so that I can see all the rooms on Sunday night and monitor the number of drivers in each one leading up to the start of the racing.

Failure to do this will create a situation where you and your division are not in compliance with this SNAIL policy. I'm sure the drivers in your division do not want to see this happen.

Last edited:
I've done a lot of poking around today and I have found many sources that say the track has had issues for quite a while before the latest update.
yes but it got VERY much worse. We ran a GTCC race (the very last one) a couple of weeks back and it did many bizarre things but we persevered just because we wanted to get the race in . It was in fact unusable...now its just more obvious ...thanks for the change of venue.

From my basic research, the G27 has different gears within the wheel which allow it to operate smoother and quieter than the G25. More buttons on the wheel of the G27 which is incredibly useful for stuff like side view, rear view, lights, wipers, horn (@JLBowler's favorite), etc. The shifter on the G27 is gated only, and much quieter/smoother than the G25. The G25 gives you gated plus sequential mode on the shifter. Not sure about pedal differences.

BUT....just got my G27 and decided to run a little practice before the 2 hour Brands enduro in GSCC prelim. WHOA NELLY....wheel is awesome...programed the buttons....hmm... shifter console no fit on table (stand)...mounted it on the edge/sideways...note to self...will have to retrain brain,.... no Fing PSN button (where did I put that DS3 and where is the cable???)...paddles...AWESOME....wheel control AWESOME... brakes...OH SIERRA...into sand trap. Multiple laps show I need to really re-learn braking...and not in competition. Also new pedals are WAY better but no fit my cardboard box pedal stand. Stand on head rearranging new cardboard boxes.... Give up ....unmount G27 and remount DFGT.

Yes its great...now I just learn to drive again...

Need to do away with cardboard boxes...has anyone bought or tried the Playseat Challenge...might order one to get antique table (TV and Wheel stand), card board boxes/aluminum poker chip case (pedal stand) and rewelded raked leather office chair out of here. When I first pushed on the G27 brakes the office chair by-laoed (Thai for left...departed...rolled back)...which would have been more disconcerting if it had happened In competition.

In all seriousness...great product requiring some (much) driver re-education with the "real world".
I really need impressions from anyone using the Playseat Challenge.

I watched review on Inside Sim Racing on you tube...looks good..but first hand review would be appreciated.

BUT....just got my G27 and decided to run a little practice before the 2 hour Brands enduro in GSCC prelim. WHOA NELLY....wheel is awesome...programed the buttons....hmm... shifter console no fit on table (stand)...mounted it on the edge/sideways...note to self...will have to retrain brain,.... no Fing PSN button (where did I put that DS3 and where is the cable???)...paddles...AWESOME....wheel control AWESOME... brakes...OH SIERRA...into sand trap. Multiple laps show I need to really re-learn braking...and not in competition. Also new pedals are WAY better but no fit my cardboard box pedal stand. Stand on head rearranging new cardboard boxes.... Give up ....unmount G27 and remount DFGT.

Need to do away with cardboard boxes...has anyone bought or tried the Playseat Challenge...might order one to get antique table (TV and Wheel stand), card board boxes/aluminum poker chip case (pedal stand) and rewelded raked leather office chair out of here. When I first pushed on the G27 brakes the office chair by-laoed (Thai for left...departed...rolled back)...which would have been more disconcerting if it had happened In competition.

In all seriousness...great product requiring some (much) driver re-education with the "real world".

I watched review on Inside Sim Racing on you tube...looks good..but first hand review would be appreciated.
I have a Playseat something and I love it.

If it doesn't have to fold up and go away to appease SWMBO, then build something of your own or look into a full blown playseat or obutto or something similar. Brand is really your choice. If it has to fold up and go away, I have no experience with the playseat challenge. Just looking at it, it appears to be a folding lawn chair (you know the kind that go into a bag) with a frame to hold the pedals and wheel. It also doesn't have a shifter mount. You may want to take a look at this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060WNO0A/?tag=gtplanet-20

I found it on Amazon and it's a little less in the cost department than the challenge. It doesn't come with a seat but you could come up with something (I go back to the folding chair comparison) and you do get a shifter mount. The frame also looks a bit sturdier than the challenge. There are a ton of other wheel stands out there if that is a possible way to go for you.

I forget about the Grandstand (and most other rigs) because they don't allow for inverted mounted pedals and I have become very accustomed to having my pedals inverted. I would love to get my hands on the seat module the he offers though. My version of SWMBO will not allow that kind of purchase at this time.

I forget about the Grandstand (and most other rigs) because they don't allow for inverted mounted pedals and I have become very accustomed to having my pedals inverted. I would love to get my hands on the seat module the he offers though. My version of SWMBO will not allow that kind of purchase at this time.
I'll keep this short..as I may have said this before. SWMBO (in 1975 5-10 irish redhead with freckles) besides being GDF (GD Fine) was a PHD candidate...good match for clueless Fighter Pilot. She watches out for me...a happy me never bitches about still more horse stuff she acquires...including 2 Tennessee Walkers (for you urban types those are gaited horses that convert fuel into well...garden compost...by the ton)...and a happy she gets ME most of what I want. Thus when I said I wanted a Henry Rifle she started saving. Bought Wheel now have 250 left from the rifle fund...oh my what to buy!!

I'll keep this short..Thus when I said I wanted a Henry Rifle she started saving. Bought Wheel now have 250 left from the rifle fund...oh my what to buy!!
This!

CA236-HenrySteelFrame-24-45LC.jpg

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/repeating-rifles-1/1860-henry-2.html

I have several Cimmarons, and a Taylor's. I started with Cimmaron, and I like them a great deal. Just make sure you have a glove for your off hand if you shoot 'real' powder! Hot! And the 'jump' over the follower is a 'what works for you' skill as well.

Load it up on Sunday.... shoot 'er all week. :cheers:

aka "Suds" (the bartender) SASS #29081

If it doesn't have to fold up and go away to appease SWMBO, then build something of your own or look into a full blown playseat or obutto or something similar. Brand is really your choice. If it has to fold up and go away, I have no experience with the playseat challenge. Just looking at it, it appears to be a folding lawn chair (you know the kind that go into a bag) with a frame to hold the pedals and wheel. It also doesn't have a shifter mount. You may want to take a look at this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060WNO0A/?tag=gtplanet-20

I found it on Amazon and it's a little less in the cost department than the challenge. It doesn't come with a seat but you could come up with something (I go back to the folding chair comparison) and you do get a shifter mount. The frame also looks a bit sturdier than the challenge. There are a ton of other wheel stands out there if that is a possible way to go for you.

I looked at getting that last year and decided to build my own version from PVC
WP_000116.jpg

WP_000119.jpg

Bonus use - When you get to old to Race, you can add tennis balls and use it as a walker!

I shot one similar to that (the 1892 i believe) ill be picking up the Mossberg 464 SPX soon once work settles down

The '92 is a nice rifle, but a sweetly tuned toggle action '60/'66/'73 is a beauty to behold. And held. And... roar through a full mag, gets all rounds off quick. MUCH faster than most would believe.

The '92 is a nice rifle, but a sweetly tuned toggle action '60/'66/'73 is a beauty to behold. And held. And... roar through a full mag, gets all rounds off quick. MUCH faster than most would believe.
i wasnt a big lever action fan until my buddy let me shot one now i love them. My current project is to work on my long range shooting, just picked up a Remington 770 .308 and saving up for a SCAR

i wasnt a big lever action fan until my buddy let me shot one now i love them. My current project is to work on my long range shooting

Close to a lever - you do use the triggerguard as a lever (ish) for the block .... and range is as long as you may be able to get to ... Call it 800-1,000 yards? Vernier sights, not scoped. I use this for hunting mule deer when I go to Oregon. Taylor's once again.

1874_quigley_model_1.jpg

I'll keep this short..as I may have said this before. SWMBO (in 1975 5-10 irish redhead with freckles) besides being GDF (GD Fine) was a PHD candidate...good match for clueless Fighter Pilot. She watches out for me...a happy me never bitches about still more horse stuff she acquires...including 2 Tennessee Walkers (for you urban types those are gaited horses that convert fuel into well...garden compost...by the ton)...and a happy she gets ME most of what I want. Thus when I said I wanted a Henry Rifle she started saving. Bought Wheel now have 250 left from the rifle fund...oh my what to buy!!

I'm not sure how much Grandstands go for but that 250 will buy you a Wheelstand Pro Deluxe. I have a standard with a DFGT bolted to it and the Deluxe has my G27 buckled up. The deluxe is a little heavier than the standard and comes with a shifter mount. Give me some time and I'll link in what I did with my office chair.

Friends Only room open.
Closed

Last edited:
I looked at getting that last year and decided to build my own version from PVC
WP_000116.jpg

WP_000119.jpg

Bonus use - When you get to old to Race, you can add tennis balls and use it as a walker!
How's the sturdiness? I thought about doing something like that with PVC or wood, but I was worried about it twisting and flexing so I decided to just save up for an all metal rig (which I like, but got it before I had the G27 and now can't effectively switch between left foot and right foot braking if I wanted to use the clutch due to a center bar between the legs holding up the wheel).

Latest Posts

Back