◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,833 comments
I have a practice room up for anyone interested. room number 1472-6399-8665-9410-5388. All are welcome.

currently starting on ascari

Thank you for letting me run the combo's with you all. I need lots of practice in that Elise. :)
I'm 4 seconds off you fast guys in the Megane and Elise, but only 2 sec off in the GT-R. The regular cars I need lots more practice with.

Just got back home from the Dyno :) everything went as planed made 430hp/350tq on pump gas then dumped in vp q16 race fule and made 560hp/450tq >_<
image.jpg
image.jpg

@GamingPete , @CoachMK21 , I would even go so far as to request you both edit your posts and remove the content related to that "incident". Yes, it was only practice. We still do not want any incident discussions in the main thread. As Coach advised, if you wish to air a grievance regarding racing in any SNAIL sanctioned event, the main event threads are NOT the place to do it.

What coackmk21 says is correct.

I do want to ask a question. @GamingPete Is your physical location Austria? If it is, can we see a speedtest to the United States (both coasts). If you have a high ping (which you probably will) there is a good chance that what you see differs greatly from what drivers over here will see.

What coackmk21 says is correct.

I do want to ask a question. @GamingPete Is your physical location Austria? If it is, can we see a speedtest to the United States (both coasts). If you have a high ping (which you probably will) there is a good chance that what you see differs greatly from what drivers over here will see.

Yea mate, im in Vienna, Austria (Europe)
so naturally my ping to the US coasts is going to be higher than to europe
however, i have had close racing in D1 and nobody complained about me lagging
so i figured i was safe to race in snail

Here are are my Ookla Speedtest results to New York City, Los Angeles and Vienna:

New York City:
toNY.jpg

Los Angeles:
toLA.jpg

Vienna:
toVIE.jpg

Yea mate, im in Vienna, Austria (Europe)
so naturally my ping to the US coasts is going to be higher than to europe
however, i have had close racing in D1 and nobody complained about me lagging
so i figured i was safe to race in snail

Here are are my Ookla Speedtest results to New York City, Los Angeles and Vienna:

New York City:
View attachment 200476

Los Angeles:
View attachment 200477

Vienna:
View attachment 200479

That's not too bad from Europe. Just remember (and this goes for anyone racing with you as well) 198 ms is right at .2 seconds. Any type of slowdown on either end could make a huge difference in what each party is seeing at any given time. This also applies to our American racers with less than ideal ping rates.

Let the winner of prize C scramble the order of the combos.
Instead of running in order of low to high power, switch it up.
I've heard plenty of people say they would prefer a certain combo would be first or last, this would give that option.

Last edited:
I would like to join and have good competitive fun

@Wackeyflang

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I had fun practicing. My headset started having issues and isn't turning on. I'll have to figure that out before Sunday.

@zer05ive

How about Prize C winner wins a 5x multiplier towards his vote? That way Prize C winner has more of a possible impact on the combo he wants voted off. I know you love math! :cheers:

Winner of Prize B goes back to our original prize of picking a new car or track.
I definitely don't love math. I don't even like it. :P

But in all seriousness, I thinks it's best to keep the car/track elimination process separate from the car/track selection process, and I feel the prizes should be exclusively on the selection side of that fence. Also, I feel the elimination vote should be as democratic as possible, without anyone being given the power to "stuff the ballot" so to speak.

Aside from that, allowing Prize C to affect the elimination vote would delay the result of the vote until the stewards have cleared the prize winners of any incident reports filed against them. All in all, the idea would just give Prize C too much power and cause more delays/complications than necessary to make it a viable option IMO.

Last edited:
Should we color coordinate our racing gear to match out cars?

Car Color = Suit Color
Wheel Color = Helmet Color or should it all be Car Color?

How do we submit our times from the time trials... this would be my first race on Sunday.

Is there something I am missing? Were only supposed to keep the car stock besides the oil change and the tires correct? There is nothing we can do with LSD or Transmission or anything like that.

Last edited:
How do we submit our times from the time trials... this would be my first race on Sunday.

Is there something I am missing? Were only supposed to keep the car stock besides the oil change and the tires correct? There is nothing we can do with LSD or Transmission or anything like that.
Only oil change body rigidity and brake balance.

Just follow instructions in your welcome post.. Everything you need to do/know is in the welcome post.

Welcome home welcome home :D

By the way SNAIL members, I'm going to autocross with my Lexus IS350 in Fontana (real life event) :D this Saturday prior to our SNAIL race this Sunday. Anyone lives in CA, USA? If so, would you like to join too? http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=483
I thought about going to do the Roval with Speed Ventures as well, but it's a bit too far and too much of a hurry to make the trip. Have fun.

I thought about going to do the Roval with Speed Ventures as well, but it's a bit too far and too much of a hurry to make the trip. Have fun.

Thanks, I like autocrossing with my daily driver car so I can have fun finding out is limit and potential. It also doesn't put much stress on the engine compare to high speed road racing. Another thing is that in autocross, driving skill is more vital than car set up in getting the good time so it offer plenty of opportunity to learn about slow speed cornering techniques. I applied a lot of these learning into this GT6 game which i just started few weeks ago and it seems to work. However, in GT6, I'm still slower than most of the online players.

I believe you are in North CA? What tracks do you usually go to over there?

Back