◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,845 comments
Is the RX8 conversation related to tuesday nights in July?
-------------------
Cheeb,

Kindly place me on the D3 roster for this coming Sunday.

^^ RX8 conversation its related to tuesday nights upcoming...yes?

Cheeb,

Kindly place me on the D3 roster for this coming Sunday.

Yes the RX8 conversation is, it's mostly S.N.A.I.L.s in the group and the conversation spills over here occasionally.

I will gladly place you on the roster for driving this Sunday 👍

dabneyd, I just noticed your sig. :lol:

That being said, I'd like pick up where Oshawa-Joe left off and request that everyone please put a S.N.A.I.L. hyperlink in your sig (if you haven't done so already). Once you've added it, please post that you've done so to ensure that members who are just skimming over these posts are less likely to overlook this plan.

I am in full agreement with this 👍

After everyone has added it, we can take a look at all the versions and perhaps pick a format to standardize on. 👍

Standard sig? Boring.

I am in full agreement with Ap on this one 👍

My sig is boring because the right side of my brain is dormant :lol:

dabneyd, I just noticed your sig. :lol:

Oshawa-Joe started a conversation about sigs and other ideas here, but it kinda got lost in a wave of other posts.

That being said, I'd like pick up where Oshawa-Joe left off and request that everyone please put a S.N.A.I.L. hyperlink in your sig (if you haven't done so already). Once you've added it, please post that you've done so to ensure that members who are just skimming over these posts are less likely to overlook this plan.

After everyone has added it, we can take a look at all the versions and perhaps pick a format to standardize on. 👍

Done. My grammar-nazi sig had run it's course anyway :dopey:

I'll be sure to PM you if I ever forget the difference between "brake" and "break". ;)

Heh. I honestly can't remember anyone in this thread getting that wrong anyway. I carried that sig over from the NASIOC forum, where people take a more interesting approach to English. :eek:

BTW, speaking of PMs, did you get mine with the question about tires? I'm pretty sure what the answer is, but I wanted to be 100%.

Heh. I honestly can't remember anyone in this thread getting that wrong anyway. I carried that sig over from the NASIOC forum, where people take a more interesting approach to English. :eek:

BTW, speaking of PMs, did you get mine with the question about tires? I'm pretty sure what the answer is, but I wanted to be 100%.

Yes, I did get your PM. Unfortunately there are a lot of PM's from SNAILs and soon-to-be-SNAILs that I haven't had time to get to you yet. I agree that you probably do know the answer, but would you mind posting the question here anyways so that everyone can see the answer when I post it?

Yes, I did get your PM. Unfortunately there are a lot of PM's from SNAILs and soon-to-be-SNAILs that I haven't had time to get to you yet. I agree that you probably do know the answer, but would you mind posting the question here anyways so that everyone can see the answer when I post it?

Absolutely. The question I had was regarding tire grade requirements. Using the Viper as an example, the line-up post says that we are to use RM tires. Since this is a spec series, I assume this means RM only, as opposed to RM "or less." Is this right? I ask, because for the first time since I joined SNAIL, it seems that there might be something to be gained by picking a lesser tire grade (RH, in this case).

Absolutely. The question I had was regarding tire grade requirements. Using the Viper as an example, the line-up post says that we are to use RM tires. Since this is a spec series, I assume this means RM only, as opposed to RM "or less." Is this right? I ask, because for the first time since I joined SNAIL, it seems that there might be something to be gained by picking a lesser tire grade (RH, in this case).

As in tire degradation :)

I was on the edge last night, times waaaayyy down.

The wall and I became close friends :lol: Caught me out to be honest.

As in tire degradation :)

I was on the edge last night, times waaaayyy down.

The wall and I became close friends :lol: Caught me out to be honest.

The same thing happened to me when I practiced yesterday morning. And in a race where drafting will ensure that the last lap is what really matters, having grip for that lap will be an advantage, methinks.

Everything must be the same, even down to tire selection, to make it a spec series.
Rm tires correct.

Everything must be the same, even down to tire selection, to make it a spec series.
Rm tires correct.

Mopar nailed it. All the tires need to be the same. That way, we can all share in the pain equally during the last laps of the Indy races. :lol:

Signature added.

Looks good! Thanks! 👍

Rm tires correct.

Mopar nailed it. All the tires need to be the same. That way, we can all share in the pain equally during the last laps of the Indy races. :lol:

Perfect. Good to know. Those walls are going to feel like they have magnets in them for the last 2 laps :)

I might have a temporary solution setup for now. Turns out the modem/router combo box I had was the single Motorola device not supported by W.O.W. services. So for now I'm renting:crazy: a modem from them and using an old router I found during the move. Maybe tonight I'll get a chance to see if it plays nice with the PS3.

SNAIL info is in my sig 👍

As for having a uniform description, maybe we could just specify some minimum basic info. Creativity would be allowed as long as that info is there. We should also make sure it links to the OP and not something NSFW.

Can someone explain how to do this signature link think. I'm not sure I did it right.

nope not right. lol

thanks for the feed back about TD ferrari. I'll have to play NFS shift. I have played Shift 2 unleashed, and i don't care for it. Mabye a pass on this one...

Code:
[SIZE="3"]<a href="URL">Words in link</a>[/SIZE]

That should do it.

Just realized you need to use forum tags not html.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how to do this signature link think. I'm not sure I did it right.

nope not right. lol

Go to My GTPlanet in the upper right of this page of the thread.

There should be an Edit Signature option, edit it like it was a post. I think you can preview it too.

It's not pretty but it works.

When you're editing the sig, highlite the S.N.A.I.L. and then click the Insert Link button, paste the S.N.A.I.L. link in the window that pops up and save it.

Then S.N.A.I.L. will be a link to the S.N.A.I.L. thread.

Did that make sense???

Ok, here's my quick signature editing instructions.

First, click on "My GTPlanet" on the top right of the page here. Then click "Edit Signature" on the left side of the page. You should see this:

vKOvm.png

I've added the "Example Link" to my signature. Highlight what you want to be linked, like this:

QBcI1.png

Then click the "insert link" button:

Qfk5D.png

Finally, paste the link to the page in the pop-up:

VjI6M.png

Now you should be good to go. See my signature for the example.

I am going to do my best to try and make it this Sunday, have my 96 Elise all painted up and ready to go, isotope green body with the same color wheels, it looks nice&#65533;&#65533;

I am going to do my best to try and make it this Sunday, have my 96 Elise all painted up and ready to go, isotope green body with the same color wheels, it looks nice&#65533;&#65533;

Hey bdubclub,

That's great you'll be able to do some Sunday racing with us! I know you said you can't commit full time, just let us know at least 24 hours prior to the race that you can join us 👍

You're going to need a couple more cars too ;)

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Where can I find the list of combos, last 2 night's I have to back out and go shopping lol. Im sure you have it posted somewhere but I can't find it! Thanks in advance.

Latest Posts

Back