◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,807 comments
I do wish to join one of these races. I received an invitation to join SNAIL but I responded on the PS3 confused about the instructions. I am glad I eventually figured it out. I usually use a driving line and automatic. But I do occasionally drive with tc and other control assists off. I am available for all races and will have ease getting these vehicles

I do wish to join one of these races. I received an invitation to join SNAIL but I responded on the PS3 confused about the instructions. I am glad I eventually figured it out. I usually use a driving line and automatic. But I do occasionally drive with tc and other control assists off. I am available for all races and will have ease getting these vehicles

@StutterMuffin

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

If you're a tuner check out the SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series. We are about to start a new season Wednesday.

Last edited:
If you're a tuner check out the SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series. We are about to start a new season Wednesday.
I think I will stick with the just learning all of this for now thank you

I think I will stick with the just learning all of this for now thank you
Where's the fun in not jumping in way too deep to quickly and getting over your head? :P

Where's the fun in not jumping in way too deep to quickly and getting over your head? :P
It's just not my personality I am a slight ocd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Data For Division 4 has been completed but I will hold off posting results until the Stewards have made their final decisions and post the official results. Watch this space...

Done with my review of 9 incidents this week.

Reminders - and this isn't 'new' news:

05: Running into the car ahead of you:

A:
The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.

and

14: Re-entering to the track after running off:

A:
It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

C: Do not reverse
back onto the track unless it is necessary. If you are backing up away from a wall first look around you to avoid a collision and as the collision would be your fault.

Everyones all talking about racing this and tuning that and I'm over here all like... I hate Java....
We do so much troubleshooting, updating and out and out re-installs of Java at work that if it should ever happen I meet someone who admits to being a Java programmer, it's probable I'll end up in jail shortly thereafter.

We do so much troubleshooting, updating and out and out re-installs of Java at work that if it should ever happen I meet someone who admits to being a Java programmer, it's probable I'll end up in jail shortly thereafter.
It didn't used to be like that. I remember Java being a very simple install and forget it. Now Java and Adobe are notorious for messing up enterprise systems. Windows for Workgroups 3.1.1 ... it used to be all so simple then. LOLOLOL

We typically back date java to 7 if we are having issues. Java handles some classes and methods just a bit differently, if you're having issues and you're on Java 8, go back to 7. As for hating programmers, hate Oracle, this is their pile of crap. We have our issues with it as well, but we've managed to keep it all running for the most part.

Please be advised...the Time Trial Events are back!
(I was told that bold & underline helps)

For now we have the Supra GT500 at Nurburgring GP/F, and an old friend of SNAIL came back to help me test it out.

(As soon as we know the other combos for this week I will get the others up as well.)

We have some exciting ideas for the Time Trial Rankings, more info to follow...

We typically back date java to 7 if we are having issues. Java handles some classes and methods just a bit differently, if you're having issues and you're on Java 8, go back to 7. As for hating programmers, hate Oracle, this is their pile of crap. We have our issues with it as well, but we've managed to keep it all running for the most part.
We are mandated by higher authority to update Java, whether it works on everything or not. I don't care who owns it, or bought it, it's still a steaming pile of monkey dung that amounts to the bulk of my time farting with. If someone admits, in my presence, to being employed by Oracle and getting paid to excrete the aforementioned monkey dung, it's likely I'll get the electric chair.

@MSgtGunny I think it's by 12pm (noon) PST on Thursday. Then a vote is opened to the division and that closes at 8pm PST? Can someone confirm? @zer05ive @Dragonwhisky @JLBowler @CoachMK21

I play it by ear based on what's going on. There isn't a hard deadline. With that being said, I usually work backwards from practice based on what has to happen to get it done and leave enough time for everyone that could be potentially involved in the process to have a chance to participate.

Please be advised...the Time Trial Events are back!
(I was told that bold & underline helps)

For now we have the Supra GT500 at Nurburgring GP/F, and an old friend of SNAIL came back to help me test it out.

(As soon as we know the other combos for this week I will get the others up as well.)

We have some exciting ideas for the Time Trial Rankings, more info to follow...

You forgot the CAPS...

Prize A update: I'm deciding between 2 combos
- SRT Tomahawk S (the slowest one) on RM @ Midfield raceway forward
- Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car on SS @ Autumn ring full forward

If you want to help decide because I haven't raced with people at either, buy the cars and hop on. I have a room open.

Back