◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,817 comments
Hey guys, someone sent me a PSN message to check this out, so I did... and I'm interested in signing up for some races. What do I have to do? :)

Hey smrtb0mb,

First step is done, ask to join :) Second step would be to get the time trial from below done so we can get you in the races tomorrow. Another Canadian 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive clean and fast on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Okay, thanks! Always try to drive a clean as I can. Will get you the RX7 TT result before the races tomorrow. 👍

By the way I'll join using my GTP_smrtb0mb account as this one's friends list is full.

Spec Racing in Open Lounge for anyone who is interested. I pick the Cars from the Recommended garage, You vote on the Track, two races each track, 5 Laps, second race in reverse grid.

Lounge # 1472-6681-3286-8592-3185

Last edited:
Okay, thanks! Always try to drive a clean as I can. Will get you the RX7 TT result before the races tomorrow. 👍

By the way I'll join using my GTP_smrtb0mb account as this one's friends list is full.

Good stuff, thanks smrtb0mb.

Also, tomorrow (Or whenever D1 accepts my FR) I will send you guys a Level 18 ticket to add to the Prize C list

Thanks! I just accepted your D1 FR. :)

I might be late for the races tomorrow night, working on moving into my new dorm at college :) I'll do my best to show up at some point though!

Better late than never! Thanks for letting us know. 👍

are we are going to use voice chat today? I'd prefer not to.

I felt like what we did last week in D3 worked nicely (enabling mics in the lounge, but turning them off during the races). Were there connection issues in D3 last week that I forgot about?

That being said, I'm going to disable mics in D1 for sure since we don't have a designated D1 host with a Grade A connection.

Sorry for the short notice, but I will not be able to race tonight. I forgot about a birthday party for one of my aunts that I have to go to.

Do we have a confirmed host for D1 tonight?A or B rating?:nervous:

Unfortunately no we don't and bowler's not able to direct D1 tonight :(

So, I guess we're looking for

1. Someone in D1 with at least a B Grade internet connection to host tonight's session.
2. Someone in D1 that can be the Race Director.

Any takers :)

EDIT: I could host and direct D1 tonight if no one else can or is willing to. I've not practiced at all and will be a speed bump in D2.

Here's my speedtest.net results:

Canadian Server
2115898998.png

U.S. Server
2115903939.png

Last edited:
I replaced the drive, didn't seem to work last night, but when I checked this morning, it seemed quite fast, wheel worked, etc.

On the downside, I cannot remember the password for Handlebar-Man, and I am working my way through the likely birthdays I probably used when I created the account. Does anyone happen to have an idea how many failed attempts I can try without completely locking up the account? I am only trying handful at a time.

Hope to see you guys next week.

I hate to do this on late notice again, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to race tonight. I hurt my foot yesterday, and I thought it would be better today but it isn't. It's very sore to press on the gas pedal so I doubt I would be particularly fast tonight.

I think I must have a mild sprain or something. I'm going to have to lay off the Rock Band drums, as I'm absolutely sure that's what did it. :lol:

I'm gonna put some ice on it and relax, have fun racing tonight everyone!

EDIT: Maybe changed my mind, see below.

Last edited:
Heh.

I threw my back out pretty bad six months ago or so. The chiropractor said that something I did probably triggered it. The only think that I could remember was some aggressive Rock Band drum playing. I'm guessing the constant bouncing my right foot up and down put a strain on my lower back. A day or two later I was crawling around the house…literally.

Rock Band is a killer…especially those songs where the bass drum plays on every gall-durned beat.

Actually, it feels a lot better even now. I won't play Rock Band for a few days but I think I could handle some racing. I'll just have to be a little delicate.

I don't really want to decide right now but if it feels better when it comes time to race, I will be there. We'll see, I suppose.

dylansan
Actually, it feels a lot better even now. I won't play Rock Band for a few days but I think I could handle some racing. I'll just have to be a little delicate.

I don't really want to decide right now but if it feels better when it comes time to race, I will be there. We'll see, I suppose.

2 Advil to get the swelling down ;)

There's no swelling that I can tell, just a little pain, but I'm more worried about doing more damage to it. I think the racing pedals are a lot less of a stress than the drum pedal though, so I don't think it should be an issue.

Hey Guys, I'm starting a Saturday Afternoon Short Enduro Racing Championship. I have it listed to use the Lupo Cup Car, but that can be changed. Check it out and give me your thoughts and if you guys might be interested in helping me with it, or running in it. My Racing Championship

After watching the NASCAR race from Watkins Glen (no thanks to Canadian TV; stupid Olympics closing ceremony on about 20 different channels :grumpy:...thank heavens for the internet), I am glad we don't have engine meltdowns and oil spewing on the tracks in GT5 :lol:

It appears as though I'm going to be able to get back home in time to race tonight.

nice!! 👍

EDIT: btw, I've disabled voice chat in the D1 lounge due to the connection issues last week. If someone in D1 with a quality connection steps up to host, then I can turn it back on. Just wanted you to make sure you knew in case you want to have a keyboard ready.

Last edited:
JLBowler
It appears as though I'm going to be able to get back home in time to race tonight.

Good stuff 👍

Still looking for a host for D1. No stress, just be first into the room, bowler will deal with the rest :)

EDIT: ninja'd by zer05ive, doh

In honor of the last day of the Summer Olympics, here's some motivation for you and your injured foot..

LISTEN TO ME, DYLAN! YOU CAN DO IT!! :lol:

nice!! 👍

EDIT: btw, I've disabled voice chat in the D1 lounge due to the connection issues last week. If someone in D1 with a quality connection steps up to host, then I can turn it back on. Just wanted you to make sure you knew in case you want to have a keyboard ready.

With the lack of voice communication everything will run on a precise schedule tonight. There will be no waiting for anything. If the game screws us up on a starting grid, start the race as we're lined up.

I will handle all the resetting between races and rounds. I will change the track last so the timer will be accurate and we will start the race when the timer reaches 10:00.

Slightly off-topic here but .....

Since we're running an RM tonight I wanted to print out the xls spreadsheet to cross check any color or number conflicts (thought it might be easy this way). My default print setting printed in "portrait" and the result was a print out a standard magnifying glass wouldn't uncover :)

So I cleverly switched to "Landscape" mode and voila .... a normal print out that I can actually read. The only thing I want to mention is that page 1 is about three quarters filled and the remaining 5 pages of the file are blank. I know you guys are optimistic but I don't think you can manage 30 Divisions ! Can someone maybe delete those pages from the file and maybe we can save a tree or two :)

Maybe someone knows a better format to print from that we all should know about :)

Thanks

Can't you just print from page 1 to 1 and skip the rest?

(Not that there's anything wrong with deleting the extraneous pages.)

Back