◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
After watching the NASCAR race from Watkins Glen (no thanks to Canadian TV; stupid Olympics closing ceremony on about 20 different channels :grumpy:...thank heavens for the internet), I am glad we don't have engine meltdowns and oil spewing on the tracks in GT5 :lol:

Are you kidding? That would make things twice as awsome! Thank God the officials didn't call a caution for the oil because that was one of the coolest things I've seen in Nascar in a long time.

I would like to join.

Hey zeromisfit999,

We'd love you to join S.N.A.I.L. :)

But if you`d like to race tonight we'll need you to run the time trial from below and get it to me before 9:30 Eastern Time (at the latest).

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

I'm just going to post this since it was talked about, here's a speedtest, which was tested from my laptop (a wireless connection). The connection with my PS3 is wired so should be slightly better.

2116176396.png

However, I've had intermittent issues in the past and I'd hate for that to become an issue tonight. Just thought I'd do a test just for the heck of it. I can do a test with a wired connection if necessary.

Can't you just print from page 1 to 1 and skip the rest?

(Not that there's anything wrong with deleting the extraneous pages.)

Or just highlight the area to print....I just tried to delete columns (there are no rows after the last name so it isn't that) but it stays at 15 no matter how many I get rid of.

Or just highlight the area to print....I just tried to delete columns (there are no rows after the last name so it isn't that) but it stays at 15 no matter how many I get rid of.

Now that I know the situation, then yes, I would know enough to select only the first page. But I guess I just never thought to do that and just printed the file. The extra pages do print a line at the top and bottom of the page so you can't stick them back in the printer to reuse them. My wife just gets on my case when I waste her printer paper, that's all :scared:

Cheeb, just a last minute heads up. Got some company over staying later the expected. I pmed zer0, he said he'd do director duty. Sorry about the last minute notice.

Now that I know the situation, then yes, I would know enough to select only the first page. But I guess I just never thought to do that and just printed the file. The extra pages do print a line at the top and bottom of the page so you can't stick them back in the printer to reuse them. My wife just gets on my case when I waste her printer paper, that's all :scared:

burn them quick, before she sees

OK, made it easy. I sent yummy a fr. Im getting my daughter to bed. If I haven't gotten the request by then you may be sol.

However, I've had intermittent issues in the past and I'd hate for that to become an issue tonight. Just thought I'd do a test just for the heck of it. I can do a test with a wired connection if necessary.

Thanks for posting your speedtest.net results, but your connection issues in the past makes me hesitant to have you host D1 tonight (especially with the issues we had there last week). Let's just let Bowler host tonight and see what happens. I've also disabled mics so hopefully D1 will be issue-free tonight. 👍

Even though I was actually looking forward to racing tonight, my foot started to get a little worse in the first race and I just don't want to do any permanent damage.

It didn't help that I didn't get a chance to break in my cars fully or do enough practice (shame on me), but next week, I will hopefully be fully functional, and actually be prepared, which includes knowing which division I'm in before the day of the race. I probably would have had a bit more desire to prepare had I realized I was up a division. :lol:

Oh well, I've only got a few weeks left before school, I'll try to make the last two Sundays as good as possible, and then I'll have to wait 'til next summer to race anymore. I might have some Sundays free before then, but considering the monthly schedules, I don't really think it's worth worrying about all that. I will try to run a few Magic Laps during that time, whenever I can, but obviously they won't be every week.

I'll be posting this week's Magic Lap theme on Wednesday, and it will probably be the same as last week, but perhaps on a different track. Then I'll have two Fridays left, for which I will try to come up with an interesting theme to run two weeks in a row, also with different tracks perhaps.

It's a little early for goodbyes but I'm beginning to sense how little time I have left before school, and I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this league, and that I think it's really improved my driving. It's definitely been worth it and I hope to continue racing here for a while to come. 👍 Again, didn't want to bail tonight but I think it was for the best.

Great job guys, absolutely great job. So much bull**** in D3 tonight, not even gonna bother filing any of it. Doing really well for a league that prides itself on clean racing.

I hereby quit this league. Have fun.

Bah. No idea what happened there, but it won't let me back in. First time I've ever been booted from a lounge :(

Edit: And now I'm signed out of PSN, so uggh.

Same here, Dr. K. :/

Lame. Well I'm rebooting the PS3, and hopefully I'll get back in time for the last race. Good luck spooble :)

Edit: It doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I'm getting the generic "network error" code, yet I can use the PS3 browser to stream youtube videos, so the problem is clearly Sony's Walmart-issue servers. Anyway, good luck to everyone for the rest of the night. I was having what I thought was a pretty good Sunday, so it's kinda lame that it had to end this way. Time for a beer.

Edit 2: Since I missed the last 2 races, I don't know if I get to vote, but if I do, my vote is 1.

Last edited:
I can pull up web pages on the PS3, so it's on the internet, but it won't sign in to PSN. The racing was so tight tonight, too. :(

Great job guys, absolutely great job. So much bull**** in D3 tonight, not even gonna bother filing any of it. Doing really well for a league that prides itself on clean racing.

I hereby quit this league. Have fun.

Care to explain what happened?

I was racing like crap. My head hurt when we started, but after a missed shift followed by 3 or 4 failed attempts to get it back into gear it really started pounding... Rage mixed with relief here.

Lame. Well I'm rebooting the PS3, and hopefully I'll get back in time for the last race. Good luck spooble :)

Edit: It doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I'm getting the generic "network error" code, yet I can use the PS3 browser to stream youtube videos, so the problem is clearly Sony's Walmart-issue servers. Anyway, good luck to everyone for the rest of the night. I was having what I thought was a pretty good Sunday, so it's kinda lame that it had to end this way. Time for a beer.

Edit 2: Since I missed the last 2 races, I don't know if I get to vote, but if I do, my vote is 1.

Same problem hear Doc! :crazy:I'll join you for that beer!:cheers:
I vote 1

:ill: I'm not one for complaining so, instead i'd like to give up my spot in S.N.A.I.L to someone that is on the waiting list. This B.S is'nt worth ruining a good game. nothing personal zer0five or anyone else.

If there are people who aren't following the rules and causing chaos, I fail to see how the problem will be solved if all the people who actually care about racing clean leave the league!

If this continues, the league will consist only of dirty drivers!

I think the better solution is to report the offending drivers, so that they either change or leave, rather than let them remain while everyone else gets sick of it and quits.

Of course, you (referring to aubdogg and JazzNine) have every right to leave if you want, but I don't see how it's in anyone's best interest except people who ruin the fun.

Back