◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,813 comments
It's working for me ;) Here is the NSX with my idea for a number plate.

Snail_GTP_NSX.jpg

Nice!

@zer05ive Do you still have the file for the original SNAIL logo? Maybe one with ".org" at the end? I'd love to have a decal of the link so people know exactly where to go.

The SNAIL decal is right at 15kb, that's why it is by itself. I made a snailracing.org decal too, but didn't read the fine print about how text is converted during the upload rendering what I did useless. Will have to rethink that part. Making the gradient background is easy enough in the editor. So a complete logo will most likely be 3 or 4 layers.

Newbie question, is everyone still supposed to be assigned a color, and number? I keep reading so I have to ask less, but somethings that were true with GT6, may have been dropped. Some old links are dead, some others seem out of date. Right now, reading pages newer to older. I'm an old dog, this is a new trick. Please bear with me, I wont poop on the rug.

it is like one of those 'not enforced' rules. It is supposed to, but... run what you like. Try to go for something distinct from established Numbers and colors within your division; courtesies can go a long way.

The fact that some of you guys are doing it on a weekly basis is impressive.

It is quite immersive, just as taking pictures. I can spend hours taking pictures that I actually need to tell myself to stop or put a timer.
Free form design is also very relaxing.

Thanks @Wolfsatz. Sent in a qualify time way to late for last Sunday. Don't know yet if I need to do another for this week. Since I don't know what division, I did R3 Red Chrome #148, as most all numbers used are two digit. Also added some number decals to plate the rear of all three.

Last edited:
Thanks @Wolfsatz. Sent in a qualify time way to late for last Sunday. Don't know yet if I need to do another for this week. Since I don't know what division, I did R3 Red Chrome #148, as most all numbers used are two digit. Also added some number decals to plate the rear of all three.
No need for a second time trial. You will be posted in a division this week. Usually the driver's list come out on a Sunday afternoon (EST)

I saw you last night at the practice room. Welcome Aboard the Party Train.

I wont be around tonight. Going out to watch the Steelers light up the Titans.

I do have a suggestion for practice lobbies, and its a pretty simple one.

I notice a lot of times people, ahem @Wolfsatz title the lobby "SnailRacing.Org" That's fine for us, we know what it is and that it leads you to here. But when Joeblow searching for lobbies sees it, he may not put two and two together and realize its a website. And personally I cant think of any websites I visit with the .org suffix.

If you add "www." to it, now theres no doubt what it is. And he may just decide to join the lobby based on that. "Wow these guys have a website? Let me check this out."

Something as simple as that might help increase membership 👍

Movie night for me tonight. Can i ask @Wolfsatz or @SAMHAIN85 or someone else to host the practice room(s) tonight?

I am available to host.

I wont be around tonight. Going out to watch the Steelers light up the Titans.

I do have a suggestion for practice lobbies, and its a pretty simple one.

I notice a lot of times people, ahem @Wolfsatz title the lobby "SnailRacing.Org" That's fine for us, we know what it is and that it leads you to here. But when Joeblow searching for lobbies sees it, he may not put two and two together and realize its a website. And personally I cant think of any websites I visit with the .org suffix.

If you add "www." to it, now theres no doubt what it is. And he may just decide to join the lobby based on that. "Wow these guys have a website? Let me check this out."

Something as simple as that might help increase membership 👍

Are these also using dial up and on WinXp and Vista? these may also cause connection issues.

OK ok.. I get your point...

Quick question to the BoD and also in the most genuine interest to increase membership. Long long long ago.... Official Thursday Night practice was a double objective task, practice combos and also recruiting tool. However there are many that open pratice lobbies with the SnailRacing.Org but then 'mandate' to run the specific car that we are running with combo X.

I am in the opinion that for those 1st hits we should allow them run any car that fits the specs of the race. The objective is to have them bite the hook of clean racing. We can also ask them BTW, we are a spec racing league, if you have this we prefer you to run with This car. But if they truly don't have it allow them to 'try it out' without any other obstacle as long as they behave on track.

Last night I saw a few of racers that ran a couple of races with another car and the clean racing spark the necessary interest that when asked, ok next race can you please use this one? Easy, Done! If we get a few to join after a practice night, I think it is worth the 'hassle' which really it is not if they are actually a clean racer to begin with.

it also prevents those irrate rants from prima donnas getting booted. Which by the way I also enjoy doing when they are not behaving on track.

Just my own 2 cents on the matter.

Ok Fire away!

I chanced on @SAMHAIN85 in a www,snailracing.org room, and man am I slow. I clicked on it thinking the title was a joke. Sam was nice to say what the room was about. A net search turned up nothing, and I was not expecting to end up at a gtplanet forum. Saw Sam had a room later in the day, and he assured me, yes it's a thing, join if you like clean races. For new young inexperienced first time race fans, or slow people like me, other than being nice to nice people, I don't know what works.

I am available to host.

Are these also using dial up and on WinXp and Vista? these may also cause connection issues.

OK ok.. I get your point...

Quick question to the BoD and also in the most genuine interest to increase membership. Long long long ago.... Official Thursday Night practice was a double objective task, practice combos and also recruiting tool. However there are many that open pratice lobbies with the SnailRacing.Org but then 'mandate' to run the specific car that we are running with combo X.

I am in the opinion that for those 1st hits we should allow them run any car that fits the specs of the race. The objective is to have them bite the hook of clean racing. We can also ask them BTW, we are a spec racing league, if you have this we prefer you to run with This car. But if they truly don't have it allow them to 'try it out' without any other obstacle as long as they behave on track.

Last night I saw a few of racers that ran a couple of races with another car and the clean racing spark the necessary interest that when asked, ok next race can you please use this one? Easy, Done! If we get a few to join after a practice night, I think it is worth the 'hassle' which really it is not if they are actually a clean racer to begin with.

it also prevents those irrate rants from prima donnas getting booted. Which by the way I also enjoy doing when they are not behaving on track.

Just my own 2 cents on the matter.

Ok Fire away!

I really like that idea and I do think that the BoP does a decent job of leveling the field.

I chanced on @SAMHAIN85 in a www,snailracing.org room, and man am I slow. I clicked on it thinking the title was a joke. Sam was nice to say what the room was about. A net search turned up nothing, and I was not expecting to end up at a gtplanet forum. Saw Sam had a room later in the day, and he assured me, yes it's a thing, join if you like clean races. For new young inexperienced first time race fans, or slow people like me, other than being nice to nice people, I don't know what works.

Thats the beauty of SNAIL, it doesn’t matter how slow you are, with the way our divisions are set up you’ll be racing with comparable guys on sunday night and you will get faster and better.

And don’t worry, a lot of us are slow compared to the aliens like @SAMHAIN85

I really like that idea and I do think that the BoP does a decent job of leveling the field.

... most of the time... except when your Ferrari gets smoked by a Beetle. Huh? What? There are some cars that are way faster than the Ferrari even with BoP. But for the objective at hand it doesn't matter.

Is there anyone available to help me with the Text/Directing? Also, not just if is just pure luck or not; but my rooms always tend to get 12+ pretty quickly, we may need an overflow room.

I don't know if was just me, but some pretty odd stuff with the game. Resetting restarting everything twice, I still end up getting left alone in a copy of the practice room, <<with the same room number>>. When everything is reset and the room finally reappears, it looks like I was the only one that got dropped. But what a weird way to be dropped. Calling it a day, hope this was a one time fluke.

I don't know if was just me, but some pretty odd stuff with the game. Resetting restarting everything twice, I still end up getting left alone in a copy of the practice room, <<with the same room number>>. When everything is reset and the room finally reappears, it looks like I was the only one that got dropped. But what a weird way to be dropped. Calling it a day, hope this was a one time fluke.
I read that wrong, yea the lobby was wonky tonight. :/

Last edited:
Back