◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
We're always looking for more "immersion" in our sim racing and gaming experiences. One of the easiest, most effective, and affordable ways to do that is with a ButtKicker! They are the world's foremost brand of low frequency audio transducers and of course the title sponsor of the ButtKicker Challenge V! On top of all the obvious reasons to get a ButtKicker, I'd like to announce four additional reasons why there's never been a better time to buy one:

REASON #1 - BIG DISCOUNT! All Snails get 25% of their order. Simply go to TheButtKicker.com and enter the Coupon Code SNAIL25 to get your 25% discount off any order!

REASON #2 - FREE SHIPPING! Get free shipping on any order (in addition to your 25% discount)

REASON #3 - PURCHASE INSURANCE! If you win the ButtKicker Challenge V, you will get a FULL REFUND on your ButtKicker purchase!

REASON #4 - COOL SWAG! Post a picture of your new ButtKicker on this thread, and I'll send you a you a 6-inch die-cut SNAIL decal in your choice of white or black (as shown below):

niegztO.png

Some difficulties getting started with last night's practice - but still had good races. Very helpful being around other cars, as opposed to Hot Laps alone.

Good Combos this week - hope there is a good turn out in each Division.

I am available to host.

Are these also using dial up and on WinXp and Vista? these may also cause connection issues.

OK ok.. I get your point...

Quick question to the BoD and also in the most genuine interest to increase membership. Long long long ago.... Official Thursday Night practice was a double objective task, practice combos and also recruiting tool. However there are many that open pratice lobbies with the SnailRacing.Org but then 'mandate' to run the specific car that we are running with combo X.

I am in the opinion that for those 1st hits we should allow them run any car that fits the specs of the race. The objective is to have them bite the hook of clean racing. We can also ask them BTW, we are a spec racing league, if you have this we prefer you to run with This car. But if they truly don't have it allow them to 'try it out' without any other obstacle as long as they behave on track.

Last night I saw a few of racers that ran a couple of races with another car and the clean racing spark the necessary interest that when asked, ok next race can you please use this one? Easy, Done! If we get a few to join after a practice night, I think it is worth the 'hassle' which really it is not if they are actually a clean racer to begin with.

it also prevents those irrate rants from prima donnas getting booted. Which by the way I also enjoy doing when they are not behaving on track.

Just my own 2 cents on the matter.

Ok Fire away!

Last night practice was full of cars stuck on grid. Room imploded 2 times. New Host @Kgffy was disconnected from his own room.
First 2 races XyZ was stock on grid.
Usually, I am a very stable host but last night was quite 'unique'.

However, the first 2 rooms we had quite a few non snails that were interested but the technical issues killed it!

We were able to run all races with a delay, but on the last 3 or 4 races only Snail remained.

Thank you @ScorpionTopaz for helping me with the texting. My bluetooth keyboard only connected once to the PS4 and I have not been able to establish connection again with it. The Tablet works but the interface is slow at times.

Last edited:
No worries mate. Definitely grab a USB keyboard for the future. It makes a huge difference. I was telling Wolfsatz in our party chat that I got someone to upload the SNAILRACING.ORG decal. I have also gotten the Jalopnik bump so I'll start winning races more frequently now ;) Sorry if it's a bit pixelated, I didn't want to use original size since it's high res. If you've seen, someone else made some Yokohama branded number plates that show "Group". He has 3, 4, X, and ST (street) 1 through 5. I covered the Yokohama with a white bar and put our logo there. I think it looks perfect. Might replace the GTSport logo with a SNAIL logo when we get them.

pkzV7BZ.jpg

. I have also gotten the Jalopnik bump so I'll start winning races more frequently now ;) Sorry if it's a bit pixelated, I didn't want to use original size since it's high res.

Why don't you want the high resolution? A properly made vector graphic (SVG) should retain resolution as you scale it.

Why don't you want the high resolution? A properly made vector graphic (SVG) should retain resolution as you scale it.

Jamcar, what app do you use for your SVG's? I use Inkscape. I was able to get a logo I was working on down from 990kb jpg to 112kb SVG, However I'm still a long way from the 15kb limit.

Last night practice was full of cars stuck on grid. Room imploded 2 times. New Host @Kgffy was disconnected from his own room.
First 2 races DP9 was stock on grid.
Usually, I am a very stable host but last night was quite 'unique'.

However, the first 2 rooms we had quite a few non snails that were interested but the technical issues killed it!

We were able to run all races with a delay, but on the last 3 or 4 races only Snail remained.

Thank you @ScorpionTopaz for helping me with the texting. My bluetooth keyboard only connected once to the PS4 and I have not been able to establish connection again with it. The Tablet works but the interface is slow at times.

Were the stuck drivers the same people over and over or did it appear to be random? Were multiple drivers stuck in the same race?

These are general questions and not meant to be answered with names of individuals. If you wish to share that information, please do so in a private conversation. @Rallywagon may be interested in this information as well as he stated he was working on a log of connection issues of some kind.

Were the stuck drivers the same people over and over or did it appear to be random? Were multiple drivers stuck in the same race?

These are general questions and not meant to be answered with names of individuals. If you wish to share that information, please do so in a private conversation. @Rallywagon may be interested in this information as well as he stated he was working on a log of connection issues of some kind.

Understood on names. Edited post.

Both.. first it was only the same driver. Then the next 2 restarts seemed to be random.

with GT6 some times pushing the car from behind would then allow him to get unstock. Not with GTS, you can hear the engine revs and steering inputs the car does not move even with a big push from behind.

Maybe the servers were having some issues last night. There were 2 lobbies I was in (other than the practice) where multiple people at once got stuck on the grid.

Drivers stuck at start seemed random, had drivers stuck in front of me several times, don't remember it being the same one twice. Went back to look at the lobby settings sheet, host fixed ownership is NO. When the first room went down, we lost 4 people including the host, I and five others were left, so we went to the second room. That's where my issues really started, and it just got worse. Resetting all may stuff did little, then nothing on the second reset. By the third track, I just bailed, in case I was part of the problem. As a side, when I get stuck at start, in other rooms, it never seems to be because I've done one certain thing. At one point I thought it was text chat having not closed properly, but I've been stuck and not done a text.

I experienced a 'stuck on grid' the other night in a cnm room. I was the mouse and they definitely tried to knock me around with no luck. I could see all other cars on track but could not move. One of the other players (wifi) could not see me. After he left and re-entered the room, everything was fine. So stuck driver means they cannot be seen by another.

Ive been meaning to work on this, and sorry for not, but our newborn has been in the hospital the past week. He got a small cat scratch that turned went septic and turned into meningitis in the span of a day.
To all parents and future parents, let me give a bitof advice, if your child gets a bite or a scratch from any domestic animal, even if it seems very small, take them immediately to their dr, urgent care, ER, whatever, to get started on antibiotics as fast as possible. Even if they end up not having issues, Pasteurella is extremely fast moving, causing serious infection in just a couple of hours and is very common in all domesticated animals. Luckily however, its very susceptible to penicillin based treatments.
We are looking at the light at the end of the tunnel though. All his counts have normalized and all his scans have come back showing positive results. We are hoping to be home by Monday.

That said, yes, please, if you have had, or are having issues, please feel free to message them to me. Once i get the data collected I'll be sure to share it with all of you.

Ive been meaning to work on this, and sorry for not, but our newborn has been in the hospital the past week. He got a small cat scratch that turned went septic and turned into meningitis in the span of a day.
To all parents and future parents, let me give a bitof advice, if your child gets a bite or a scratch from any domestic animal, even if it seems very small, take them immediately to their dr, urgent care, ER, whatever, to get started on antibiotics as fast as possible. Even if they end up not having issues, Pasteurella is extremely fast moving, causing serious infection in just a couple of hours and is very common in all domesticated animals. Luckily however, its very susceptible to penicillin based treatments.
We are looking at the light at the end of the tunnel though. All his counts have normalized and all his scans have come back showing positive results. We are hoping to be home by Monday.

That said, yes, please, if you have had, or are having issues, please feel free to message them to me. Once i get the data collected I'll be sure to share it with all of you.

I am sorry to hear that. My wife was in the hospital not long ago and 2 ER visits right after. Not fun at all and I can't imagine the feeling with a new born.

BEST WISHES to Lil'Wagon.

That might be a bit of a jump to a conclusion. I've seen stuck drivers that everyone else said they could see. This comes down to the honesty of players when asked if they can see everyone.

Agreed, I think last night everyone could see and crash into the stuck drivers.

I think the issue is that the online racing in this game sucks right now.

I hate for you guys, really do. Not trying to start a war, but I'm seeing very little online issues in comparison while in the league I'm racing in and our fields are larger than Sunday's fields are. We've had issues too, but man... I just don't see how this isn't mostly a problem on PD's end. But I'm no techy.

I think the issue is that the online racing in this game sucks right now.

I hate for you guys, really do. Not trying to start a war, but I'm seeing very little online issues in comparison while in the league I'm racing in and our fields are larger than Sunday's fields are. We've had issues too, but man... I just don't see how this isn't mostly a problem on PD's end. But I'm no techy.
We can have the debate about mesh networks till we are blue in the face, at the end of the day, its totally on PD. Their implementation has been flawed since GT5, there is no way they are unaware of the issues. Absolutely no way, yet they have done nothing notable to address the issues. At the end of the day, the network only transfers data, its up to the software to handle the packets. However the game handles it, there is clearly an issue. A car should not become stuck because of a packet transmission issue, people should not become invisible to others because of the same. Worst case Ontario, the affected individual should lag some until a new packet comes in to refresh their position.
As I've said, GT is not thebfirst, nor the only game to utilize mesh networks, and no other game, racing or otherwise, that I am aware of suffers from this issue. All of them will follow the same ISO standard, with the only difference being at software level.
Whether the issue is at the server level, something to do with authentication, or at the console level, in game, its most certainly an issue in the software.
That said, I wont make the arguement that connection speeds and latency dont contribute, i think we have some evidence that it does, but its my opinion its only a contributor, and not the cause.

Also, thanks everyone for the well wishes. Baby Kal is on the mend. All his cultures are coming back clear, all thats left is to kick the fever. We are hopeful we wl be out of here by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:
We can have the debate about mesh networks till we are blue in the face, at the end of the day, its totally on PD. Their implementation has been flawed since GT5, there is no way they are unaware of the issues. Absolutely no way, yet they have done nothing notable to address the issues. At the end of the day, the network only transfers data, its up to the software to handle the packets. However the game handles it, there is clearly an issue. A car should not become stuck because of a packet transmission issue, people should not become invisible to others because of the same. Worst case Ontario, the affected individual should lag some until a new packet comes in to refresh their position.
As I've said, GT is not thebfirst, nor the only game to utilize mesh networks, and no other game, racing or otherwise, that I am aware of suffers from this issue. All of them will follow the same ISO standard, with the only difference being at software level.
Whether the issue is at the server level, something to do with authentication, or at the console level, in game, its most certainly an issue in the software.
That said, I wont make the arguement that connection speeds and latency dont contribute, i think we have some evidence that it does, but its my opinion its only a contributor, and not the cause.

Also, thanks everyone for the well wishes. Baby Kal is on the mend. All his cultures are coming back clear, all thats left is to kick the fever. We are hopeful we wl be out of here by the end of the weekend.

I would guess that the software for GT is written in a way that forces individual connection issues to present themselves in a certain way. If this is due to packet loss, poor latency, or whatever other factor. The method for showing these issues appears to be invisible drivers and being stuck on the grid. This is just a guess as I don't have access to their software to verify. If this is the case, I actually like it opposed to masking the issues until the race starts and then allowing the poor connection to effect the experience of everyone else. I would rather see a car stuck on the grid or be stuck on the grid myself than start a race and see that same car or be the car that is bouncing off of everything and ruining the race for everyone else.

I would guess that the software for GT is written in a way that forces individual connection issues to present themselves in a certain way. If this is due to packet loss, poor latency, or whatever other factor. The method for showing these issues appears to be invisible drivers and being stuck on the grid. This is just a guess as I don't have access to their software to verify. If this is the case, I actually like it opposed to masking the issues until the race starts and then allowing the poor connection to effect the experience of everyone else. I would rather see a car stuck on the grid or be stuck on the grid myself than start a race and see that same car or be the car that is bouncing off of everything and ruining the race for everyone else.
image7.jpg

I see your point though. Im gonna go ahead and call it an unintentional design and personally would rather them come up with a better solution... on that thought though, perhaps tweaking the mtu settings could be a help. maybe just a byte or 2.

Back