◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Could you please elaborate on what "hooked together" means?

My best guess is that it means constant bump drafting.

Yes, that is it. And penalties won't be enforced after the final turn.

This is what I am going for:

Running some practice laps (or a series of 2-3 lap races on Sunday combos) in D1. I want to work on cleanly driving in traffic, cornering, etc.

Desire to join GTP SNAIL Spec Racing

Thanks

Hey RAMSAM,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍 Glad to have another Canuck in the midst of all these Yanks ;)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Jazz,

Thanks for dropping in and showing me how slow I am;) I have assumed for a while that the difference between divisions is about a second a lap (maybe 1.5 on the long courses) and your 1:51 shows that to be about right. I will take solace in that over 4 laps my time only varied about .5. Now i just need to knock a couple seconds off that and I should be fine:crazy:

Next time let me follow you so I can at least see where I am getting my arse kicked. I seemed to loose 2 seconds in the second sector.

Hey there I'm interested in joining the league to have some steady people to race against. My tag is the same as this one wolfiex33 hope to hear from ya soon.

Jazz,

Thanks for dropping in and showing me how slow I am;) I have assumed for a while that the difference between divisions is about a second a lap (maybe 1.5 on the long courses) and your 1:51 shows that to be about right. I will take solace in that over 4 laps my time only varied about .5. Now i just need to knock a couple seconds off that and I should be fine:crazy:

Next time let me follow you so I can at least see where I am getting my arse kicked. I seemed to loose 2 seconds in the second sector.

lol sorry I was just messing with you. Tonight I'd totally be down for some practice though if it helps someone get faster.

Anyone in the Know -
Everytime I check one of the Division Rooms, to see if anyone is practicing, no names are shown as being in the room. On Sunday nights the names are displayed as I join. Sooooo, being a Newby to joining practice, I'm just asking. :dunce:

Anyone in the Know -
Everytime I check one of the Division Rooms, to see if anyone is practicing, no names are shown as being in the room. On Sunday nights the names are displayed as I join. Sooooo, being a Newby to joining practice, I'm just asking. :dunce:

When are you checking? People randomly pop in during the day, and there's often something going on in one of the divisional lounges from 10 Eastern until midnight or later.

Hey there I'm interested in joining the league to have some steady people to race against. My tag is the same as this one wolfiex33 hope to hear from ya soon.

Hey Wolfiex33,

Thanks for your interest and welcome to S.N.A.I.L. 👍 Just so you know, some S.N.A.I.L.s are steadier than others :lol:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

When are you checking? People randomly pop in during the day, and there's often something going on in one of the divisional lounges from 10 Eastern until midnight or later.

I checked all 5 rooms last night ........ 9pm CST and no names were listed in the Join screen. Apparently I just checked at the wrong time. I'll keep checking. Thanks

I checked all 5 rooms last night ........ 9pm CST and no names were listed in the Join screen. Apparently I just checked at the wrong time. I'll keep checking. Thanks

Hey TEX, a lot of times people will post here saying when they'll be in which room. For practice it's usually the D1 room.

Easier said than done, but, keeping track of posts here will help your success rate. Another thing you could do, is post here saying you're hopping into D1, you'll probably get some others to join you :)

Anyone in the Know -

As you can see in the thread, Jobyone was there last night, I also check around 9:15 but no one was in at D1 or D3, so I went to the shuffle races instead. We can practice Saturday night if you want as today we have the LM race.

Hey TEX, a lot of times people will post here saying when they'll be in which room. For practice it's usually the D1 room.

Easier said than done, but, keeping track of posts here will help your success rate. Another thing you could do, is post here saying you're hopping into D1, you'll probably get some others to join you :)

Thank you ...... I'll give that a try - if I don't find anyone in D1.
Also, thought I would have a go at the LM Race at LeMans tonight. Only for the experience - as I'm sure to be following the Parade most of the time, but should be enjoyable (?). See you there.

Thank you ...... I'll give that a try - if I don't find anyone in D1.
Also, thought I would have a go at the LM Race at LeMans tonight. Only for the experience - as I'm sure to be following the Parade most of the time, but should be enjoyable (?). See you there.

Here's the thread that I made for it!

Hey everyone, hope you all enjoy your weekend. I'll be spending mine losing my freedom, aka getting married! As such I won't be seen again until Tuesday. Enjoy the races this weekend. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon.

Hey everyone, hope you all enjoy your weekend. I'll be spending mine losing my freedom, aka getting married! As such I won't be seen again until Tuesday. Enjoy the races this weekend. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon.

It's not too late Rally :scared: Run for the hills!

I jest, all the best. Try to take it all in, it happens very fast 👍

God bless your decision and committment to each other. Be sure make your marriage THE top priority. May I suggest Proverbs 3: 5 and 6 ...... works everytime it is tried ... together.

Back