◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,817 comments
I have read the first post; & would like to join the group. I have raced with your group previously o the PS3, however just got GT Sport & looking to get back into the online racing leagues.

@jerseyjoeaw
Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58,@MajorBlixem & @SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

@Rob Brown, why don’t you try a “Monthly Run at The Ring” event, where you can have a different group class monthly and see what kind of interest it might draw. Qualify or starting position could be set by division and standing, such as D4 driver that is entered (with the lowest standing in their respective division) gets pole and so on down the line. Or mix it up and try your idea, qualify on the GP then race at The Ring. I would give your idea a shot. Why not!

Wow. With the deafening sound of crickets on the this topic, seems Nurb 24h or Nordscleife has no significant cult following by SNAIL brethren! (Will I goad more responses with this passive aggression?)
As a side story, before I found SNAIL (or it found me) I met up several times a week with ‘HelloKittie’ who ran a Nordschleife room. Ran one car after another with an average of ten racers. No telling how many miles (or km) I accrued. I find the comments amusing that say there are ‘limited spaces to pass’.
I love the strong points of Gran Turismo and it’s long standing record for what it’s done for sim racing. (Now the ‘but: ) More than a year after GT Sport was released, PD still struggles to have made enough progress on tracks. Could mention many things that got omitted: qualifying, weather, visual damage, time progression but I’ll trade most of these for custom liveries . . . but to the end of such limited track selection? Uh, no. Not happy with Kazz. Comes down to a spoiled person’s question, What have you done for me lately? And why does PD say that this title is compatible for VR. Don’t get me started. You may think I’m on a rant now. Brother, you haven’t seen anything.

Last edited:
In my signature there is a link to a spreadsheet that shows the Car and Track Lists for GT Sport. I added two columns to each list to show how many appearances each had and what the last appearance date was. If you bookmark the link, or search for one of my posts, you can visit the spreadsheet and hopefully make an educated decision for the next Combo. As we said before, it is OK to bring a car, a track or a combo back. It is also good to know if there are other alternatives that may be just as good. If you don't want to press the link in my signature, then try this one

Edit: Also added Combo History Tabs. One sorted by Car and one sorted by Track

Last edited:
Wow. With the deafening sound of crickets on the this topic, seems Nurb 24h or Nordscleife has no significant cult following by SNAIL brethren! (Will I goad more responses with this passive aggression?)
As a side story, before I found SNAIL (or it found me) I met up several times a week with ‘HelloKittie’ who ran a Nordschleife room. Ran one car after another with an average of ten racers. No telling how many miles (or km) I accrued. I find the comments amusing that say there are ‘limited spaces to pass’.
I love the strong points of Gran Turismo and it’s long standing record for what it’s done for sim racing. (Now the ‘but’:) More than a year after GT Sport was launched, PD still struggles to have made enough progress on tracks. Could mention many things that got omitted: qualifying, weather, visual damage, time progression but I’ll trade most of these for custom liveries . . . but to the end of such limited track selection? Uh, no. Not happy with Kazz. Comes down to a spoiled person’s question, What have you done for me lately? And why does PD say that this title is compatible for VR. Don’t get me started. You may think I’m on a rant now. Brother, you haven’t seen anything.
I did say I would participate...

I think it's more along the lines of the slow steering rack, understeer and power limited to less than mid trim pony cars.

SS tires match most Gr.4 well.
Personally I like the power levels makes it more driving the car and track than just fighting it, I've always enjoyed going onto new tracks with them

With that selection, we have a repeat prize winner this week.

@SAMHAIN85 has already used Prize B this season.

If you raced in D1 this week, you get to make one suggestion for a track to pair with the McLaren Gr. 4.

• You must make your suggestion in this thread.
  • You must not alter your suggestion or make multiple suggestions.
  • You must be clear in your suggestion and list a time of day. Failure to list time of day will result in default.
  • You will have until Noon ET on Wednesday to make a suggestion. At that time, @SAMHAIN85 will be clear to choose.
Failure to meet any of the above requirements will result in you suggestion being disallowed.

@Nicktune @spidermonkey @Neutty @todally_lit @src_ej6 @luke norris @llNovall @Zalcecan @Sean Renon @GTPvw_slc
Are we allowed to suggest the new update track? Or is it still too early

The new Gr 3 Endurance Race #5 - 30 laps of Tokyo-South Inner Loop is an enjoyable event. Easy way to build Credits.
Took me a while to find out the Pits are not close to the start-Finish line.

@jerseyjoeaw
Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58,@MajorBlixem & @SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:
Just tried to start conversation, & got error message that those users could not e found

SNAIL RIVALS EVENT

SNAILlogo.PNG

vs.PNG

lobbanero.PNG

As some of you guys know, SNAIL is also being represented in PCars on Monday nights. A lot of the members used to race with us here on Sundays but have since been seduced by the "dark side". The only way to race with them again is to join them on Mondays (which I have from time to time since the league's inception and its a blast)

So I came up with an idea for a friendly rivalry/scrimmage between the two leagues. We field 8 guys from SNAIL and 8 guys from Lobanaro and run 1-2 combos in Sport and 1-2 combos in PCars. Points will be kept and whichever team has the most points wins bragging rights between both leagues, and maybe some prizes.

I know a lot of you raced when the Lobanaro guys raced here, but since they left you've never been able to race them again. So this would be a fun way for you guys to battle eachother once again.

This is also a good reason to buy PCars and if you get bit by the bug, maybe you'll make an appearance on Mondays with them. Just dont go and leave us full-time like so many others have :boggled:

Since both leagues have a wide variety of skill levels we'll try to come up with evenly skilled teams. We should have the advantage since we all race Sport, while they'll have the advantage on PCars. Lobanaro lounge uses open tuning. I'm not a tuner, but with @Rednose58 having plenty of PCars/Lobanaro experience, I expect him to come up with a nice setup for Team SNAIL. When we do the Sport races we'll having tuning off. And during the races a SNAIL party chat and Lobanaro party chat would make sense to use so we can work together on strategy during the races.

If you dont own PCars 2 maybe this event will help you pull the trigger on it. Its definitely fun, but GT will always be my go to game.

Click here for the SNAIL Rivals thread. We can work it out as a group there and see if we can get this going.

Last edited:
Back