◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,842 comments
Not to be a prick, but here goes.

Did you spend 10-15 laps on the qualifying? I got placed directly into D1, and while I was a little overwhelmed at first I think I fit in nicely.
If you just did 1-2 laps then submitted a time how is that the fault of anyone but yourself for putting you in the wrong division.

I didn't review any incidents, nor do I really care, but the SNAIL OLR is very very clear about what is allowed on track, those players "complaining" aren't complaining because they're salty you won, they're reporting you for breaking the rules. Regardless of how much faster you are, you have to treat every car on track with respect.

If you truly spent 10-15 laps qualifying and still got submitted into the wrong division then you're just weirdly slow on the qualifying track, and it would get sorted out relatively quickly with promotions and demotions.

If clean racing isn't your thing, then please go back to sport mode where bump and runs are part of racing and penalties are applied randomly at best.

What i have seen in Snail since joining back in 2013 that any new drivers are placed at a lower division more times than placed at a higher division in the first week or so of racing. It is to see how well a driver does in that division after passing the tests to get in. Not just passing the tests to get into the league to understand what the rules are but see how they handle being in a lower division even if they are much faster than the rest of the pack. That a much faster driver can pass with barely any contact, no course cutting, easing off accelerator if out of bounds completely and so on. Any driver that is placed at a lower division first has to work up the field in order to get to D2 then D1 which would be a work in progress. Ever since i been racing in Snail, even myself was placed at the lowest division or second to lowest and i had to work my way up the division, i believe the highest i got to was D3 and then moved back. It is fun to do each Sunday Night and i enjoy racing all who i experience against on track. Just like in real life racing, the rookie in Nascar has to work up the field to gain respect and the drivers who been there years before the driver are much faster than the rookie who have just joined Nascar that week. If a new driver is expecting to just be placed in a higher division right away because that driver is faster than the rest of the field is not looking that any new driver has to work up the field in Snail. Just giving my two cents worth of information.

Spotify or iTunes for creating personal playlists?
Last time I tried to use spotify in the ps4 it would suspend the application if I started any game. Anyone know if I was just missing (maybe a setting)something that allows it to keep playing while a game is running? I'd love to listen to music while i drive and not use a second device to accomplish it.

Last time I tried to use spotify in the ps4 it would suspend the application if I started any game. Anyone know if I was just missing (maybe a setting)something that allows it to keep playing while a game is running? I'd love to listen to music while i drive and not use a second device to accomplish it.
I was just wanting to play my own music in the background while racing and then through the headphones while working out. I use Amazon Music now and it's ok, but it's kinda weird with the way it handles how it adds and deletes titles. One day I have a song on my playlist and then all of a sudden it's gone. Maybe they all do that, I've only used Amazon.

I've never thought about streaming it through the PS4 though, I'm going to try that tonight though.

Thanks Dan,

I was just wanting to play my own music in the background while racing and then through the headphones while working out. I use Amazon Music now and it's ok, but it's kinda weird with the way it handles how it adds and deletes titles. One day I have a song on my playlist and then all of a sudden it's gone. Maybe they all do that, I've only used Amazon.

I've never thought about streaming it through the PS4 though, I'm going to try that tonight though.

Thanks Dan,
I also use Amazon music. I like that with my prime I can get whatever I want. I hadn't noticed if any of my songs were missing. I'll try and make some playlists and see I experience the same thing.

As far as I know the only way to add Spotify custom playlists when playing a game or on the PS4 in general is to add "Music" to the Quick Menu which you get by holding down the PS Button. Mine is already synced but if it isn't it will probably ask you to sign in or something and then all of your playlists will appear. Again, as far as I know only playlists are available.

Do you have the in game music turned off? I do play Spotify during practice at times and have no issues

I don't think this is possible.
You cannot have multiple applications opened at a time on the PS4.

Do you have the in game music turned off? I do play Spotify during practice at times and have no issues
Yes I have the in-game music turned off at all times. There are a few of the tracks that I can stand but most of it is just terrible. Tom do you have spotify running or have you created custom playlists using spotify and added it to the music section on the ps4?

OK, next time I will just put the same 20190317d1r1r1 in both categories as it forces you to put text into both.

Do I need to include a #

See the attachment. Tag#1 is not a mandatory field as far as GTSport is concerned, but this is the Tag that SNAIL uses to find the replays. See also this post and this post

upload_2019-3-20_11-24-12.png

Watched the entire first race - every corner. Very entertaining. Lots of lead changes and clean side by side racing. Great strategy for the win Chris - I wasn't sure if it would pan out, but you had a whole 0.090 seconds to spare! :lol:

It was a great race - speed and I were within .500 the entire 20 laps. At one point our battles allowed for a few drivers behind us to close the gap, so I spent the middle portion of the race protecting our lead and giving up on battling. Great final lap:

Really digging the new enduro format. Anyone looking to get in some extra practice for Sunday should look into it.

I load spotify as the first app I open when I boot up the PS4. If you try to load it while you're in a Sport lobby you'll disconnect. It's also worth noting that if you try to stream while listening to spotify, it will close spotify unfortunately. I almost didn't stream the endurance race last night because I was enjoying the music.

I've never loaded a custom playlist, I just search an artist and they either have full length albums or compilation playlists to choose from which is all I really need.

Tool will definitely help gain a few tenths 👍

Last edited:
As of this post, here is the current list of picks for the ButtKicker Challenge VI. If you are a finalist, please read the instructions that I've sent to all of you. Once you're authorized to make your numbers selections, click the 'Reply' button below and then add your GTP Username next to any numbers that are still available. Be sure that you don't make more picks than the number of picks you have earned. Once you're done making your picks, you need to delete the text above the ButtKicker logo (it looks like this: [qu0te="username, post: 1234567, member: 123456"]). After you've deleted that, hit the 'Post Reply' button down below. Please be sure that you are replying to the most current list before making your picks. Good luck! :cheers:

00 -
01 -
02 -
03 -
04 -
05 -
06 -
07 -
08 -
09 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 -
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -
39 -
40 -
41 -
42 -
43 -
44 -
45 -
46 -
47 -
48 -
49 -
50 -
51 -
52 -
53 -
54 -
55 -
56 -
57 -
58 -
59 -
60 -
61 -
62 -
63 -
64 -
65 -
66 -
67 -
68 -
69 -
70 -
71 -
72 -
73 -
74 -
75 -
76 -
77 -
78 -
79 -
80 -
81 -
82 -
83 -
84 -
85 -
86 -
87 -
88 -
89 -
90 -
91 -
92 -
93 -
94 -
95 -
96 -
97 -
98 -
99 -

As of this post, here is the current list of picks for the ButtKicker Challenge VI. If you are a finalist, please read the instructions that I've sent to all of you. Once you're authorized to make your numbers selections, click the 'Reply' button below and then add your GTP Username next to any numbers that are still available. Be sure that you don't make more picks than the number of picks you have earned. Once you're done making your picks, you need to delete the text above the ButtKicker logo (it looks like this: [qu0te="username, post: 1234567, member: 123456"]). After you've deleted that, hit the 'Post Reply' button down below. Please be sure that you are replying to the most current list before making your picks. Good luck! :cheers:

00 -
01 -
02 -
03 - SAMHAIN85 (SNAIL Marketplace)
04 -
05 - SAMHAIN85 (SNAIL Marketplace)
06 -
07 -
08 - SAMHAIN85 (SNAIL Marketplace)
09 - SAMHAIN85 (SNAIL Marketplace)
10 -
11 -