◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
Tonight the SNAIL Endurance Series will be driving the following combos. If you'd like to join the races at 9:00 EST, head over to our dedicated thread.

Race #1
Car:
Subaru WRX STI Type S 2014 (N300)
302 HP / 3,285 lbs​
Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza @ 15:00
Laps: 20
Tires: SM
Fuel/Tire Wear: Off

Race #2
Car:
Mercedes F1 W08 EQ Power+ 2017
890 hp / 1,605 lbs
Track: Red Bull Ring @ 07:30
Laps: 35
Tire Compounds: RH, RM, or RS
Fuel/Tire Wear: 7x Fuel / 15x Tire

When searching tag #1 for 20190317d1r1r1, nothing comes up. The same result comes up with other rounds and races.

Let me reupload when I'm home, around 5:30.
I uploaded them all under the exact tag you have - exactly as instructed - I even had the instruction page open next to me, so not sure why it's not working this time.

I uploaded them all under the exact tag you have - exactly as instructed - I even had the instruction page open next to me, so not sure why it's not working this time.

I searched by track and car and found a replay. That is what you named the replay. Unfortunately, you did not add a tag under "tag #1". The tag is the specific thing that can be searched to pull up the replay directly.

You used the correct title format, but you didn't tag it properly which is why it's not coming up in a search. Here's your upload:

20190319_095115.jpg

And here's D5's. Notice the #hashtag

20190319_095206.jpg

Edit: Bowler beat me

I have no idea what seems to be our compatibility issue..are you an Aries?:lol: I'm hardwired and running on a dedicated port specifically for my PS4. I can see everyone in the room without issue until you enter. Hopefully the experts can shed some light on this??

With the way connection issues randomly pop up in this game, astrological misalignment might just be the most likely scenario :lol:

I’m hardwired and have a dedicated port as well, have fast internet and made sure things like my NAT type were right a while ago too. I haven’t had a ton of issues in GT Sport with not seeing people and my internet issues in other games is non-existent. I was having similar experiences with you in the room. If I was already in and you entered, I didn’t see you listed or on track and if I joined when you were already in the room, I saw you listed but not on track. Also when we started the first right, I was stuck on track and saw you stuck too on my screen but when I watched a stream of the same race a couple mi jets later, I saw you were racing without any issues.

Okay Snails, it's that time again! As I first mentioned here, we'll be using this weekend's inaugural IndyCar Classic to determine the winner of the ButtKicker Challenge VI. By the end of the race, one of you will be the future owner of a brand new ButtKicker of your choice!

Based on the rules of the contest, here are the finalists for the ButtKicker Challenge VI as well as how many picks each finalist has earned (credit to @msgt-sd for the data):

@DublDee ------- 6 picks
@Grandpa Money - 6 picks
@racingchamp30 - 6 picks
@SAMHAIN85 ----- 6 picks
@TEX36 --------- 6 picks
@N38824r ------- 6 picks
@Neutty -------- 5 picks
@thracerviewr -- 5 picks
@llNovall ------ 5 picks
@Nicktune ------ 5 picks
@Nick Cannella - 5 picks
@TexasJDC ------ 5 picks
@diehard racer - 5 picks
@Skills -------- 5 picks
@Rob Brown ----- 4 picks
@JamCar0ne ----- 4 picks
@soundtiger95 -- 4 picks
@TomMang_68 ---- 3 picks
@stelephant ---- 3 picks
@basswerks1 ---- 2 picks
@nmcp1 --------- 2 picks
@RacingOtaku86 - 2 picks

Finalists will be allowed to select any number from 00 to 99 that hasn't already been selected. They will be allowed to select as many numbers up to the number of picks they've earned. The very last two digits of the fastest lap during the race will be the winning number and the finalist who picked that same two-digit number will be declared the winner. For example, if the if the fastest lap of the race is 1:26.538, then the finalist who picked 38 would be the winner.

All finalists will be receiving a PM from me this afternoon. It will include detailed instructions as well as the terms and conditions for participating in the contest. You will then have until the start of the race to follow the directions and submit your picks. All picks need to be posted here on this thread, but don't anything until you read my PM first.
Good luck!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah, you can take my name off the snail list, I’m done with this league, you guys promise evenly matched racing with players of our own abilities where you have to fight for every position and then stick me in a division with guys that are 2-3 seconds a lap slower, how is that supposed to be fun for anyone involved?

Then when I clean house down here they just complain and my prize is takin away, I’m going back to sport mode, I’m done wasting time on this league.

Yeah, you can take my name off the snail list, I’m done with this league, you guys promise evenly matched racing with players of our own abilities where you have to fight for every position and then stick me in a division with guys that are 2-3 seconds a lap slower, how is that supposed to be fun for anyone involved?

Then when I clean house down here they just complain and my prize is takin away, I’m going back to sport mode, I’m done wasting time on this league.

Not to be a prick, but here goes.

Did you spend 10-15 laps on the qualifying? I got placed directly into D1, and while I was a little overwhelmed at first I think I fit in nicely.
If you just did 1-2 laps then submitted a time how is that the fault of anyone but yourself for putting you in the wrong division.

I didn't review any incidents, nor do I really care, but the SNAIL OLR is very very clear about what is allowed on track, those players "complaining" aren't complaining because they're salty you won, they're reporting you for breaking the rules. Regardless of how much faster you are, you have to treat every car on track with respect.

If you truly spent 10-15 laps qualifying and still got submitted into the wrong division then you're just weirdly slow on the qualifying track, and it would get sorted out relatively quickly with promotions and demotions.

If clean racing isn't your thing, then please go back to sport mode where bump and runs are part of racing and penalties are applied randomly at best.

Basically what Sean said is true. I was wondering myself how you were in the lower division after running against you in practice over the weekend. Just stick it out for the rest of the month and you will be moved up to the correct division. There are rare cases where after the 1st two weeks @JLBowler will make adjustments if needed.

Could't agree more with @Neutty post. I went through a stage where i was adjusting to a new wheel and was demoted to a lower division...after about a week or so i was easily a second or two faster...my biggest piece of advice would be just run you race and make smart passes...if the guy in front of you is slower take your time you will get by him...racing fast is half the battle...doing the overtake cleanly is the other half.

I have a had a couple prizes taken away from me as well.

Good luck with your future endeavours in Sport Mode, the one place where you hope you’re in a decent lobby with decent drivers, but that’s my opinion. With that attitude, that’s the only kindness you’ll see from me.

Last edited:
Not to be a prick, but here goes.

Did you spend 10-15 laps on the qualifying? I got placed directly into D1, and while I was a little overwhelmed at first I think I fit in nicely.
If you just did 1-2 laps then submitted a time how is that the fault of anyone but yourself for putting you in the wrong division.

I didn't review any incidents, nor do I really care, but the SNAIL OLR is very very clear about what is allowed on track, those players "complaining" aren't complaining because they're salty you won, they're reporting you for breaking the rules. Regardless of how much faster you are, you have to treat every car on track with respect.

If you truly spent 10-15 laps qualifying and still got submitted into the wrong division then you're just weirdly slow on the qualifying track, and it would get sorted out relatively quickly with promotions and demotions.

If clean racing isn't your thing, then please go back to sport mode where bump and runs are part of racing and penalties are applied randomly at best.

I was advised to only do 15-20 laps for qualifying or I would have done 100-200 laps.

I'm really trying to understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that what you're upset with is that slower racers don't just pull over and let you have the track because you apparently struggle pulling off clean passes on slower moving traffic?.

Basically what Sean said is true. I was wondering myself how you were in the lower division after running against you in practice over the weekend. Just stick it out for the rest of the month and you will be moved up to the correct division. There are rare cases where after the 1st two weeks @JLBowler will make adjustments if needed.

That’s what I did last month and I got demoted Instead, I’m done with it.

And now you're done. Discussing IRs in public is not allowed under SNAIL rules.

You've quit, just walk away.

Everyone else should just let him walk away.

Haha that’s bull too, keep all the IR talk a secret so the general public doesn’t see how it really works. Typical. ;)

Haha that’s bull too, keep all the IR talk a secret so the general public doesn’t see how it really works. Typical. ;)

Yet the IR sheet is available for anyone to look at and a summary is posted weekly. Additionally, anyone who had an IR filed against them is free to ask their division steward for an explanation of the IR and what the stewards saw.

The only thing we don't allow is the discussion of incidents in the public thread because nothing good is going to come from what will eventually fall into accusations and name calling.

Now, please show yourself to the door. This discussion is over.

Back