◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,797 comments

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 19, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 92 (79.07 for Prize B)
  2. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Kaeltho ----------- did not submit a vote
  9. Flyingdisc315 ----- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 91 (103.79 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (101.51 for Prize C)
  3. saber_stance ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Track_King47 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Unsteddie --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. cesarr64 ---------- did not submit a vote
  12. MatteBlacGT ------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Mazda Roadster Touring Car (SS) at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - S03 Afternoon (10 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @racingchamp30 has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 2 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D2 drivers from Sunday night start TESTING combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post a good combo when @JLBowler gives the "all clear". It's important to mention that a good combo will not have a car that hits its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft). Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @racingchamp30 is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 (SM) at Dragontrail International Raceway Seaside - S11 Night (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Worst_Driver gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @JLBowler so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 6 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on 3/24/23.

Banner by @GamingPete

As mentioned @racingchamp30 is a repeat prize A winner so if you raced in D2 on Sunday, you get to make one suggestion for prize A. You must post your suggestion in this thread. You may not edit your post to change your selection. If you do not mention time of day or fixed weather slot, you get default. Deadline to make a suggestion will be noon ET on Wednesday. Drivers who are eligible to make a suggestion are tagged below.

@JLBowler @Saber_stance @JamCar0ne @CANOWORMS1 @Gurney67 @CdnSweetTee @Skills @Track_King47 @unsteddie @cesarr64 @MatteBlac

@JLBowler what is pass the freeze
The second prize winner each week has the option to use or pass the freeze. The freeze is used to keep one half of the combo that gets the second most elimination votes.

In this instance, @Worst_Driver passed the freeze to the third prize winner, me, and I used it to keep the RX8 which means that Dragon Trail Seaside is removed and the RX8 will race on another track to be chosen by @Worst_Driver .

Slap It Clash Royale GIF by Clash

I retired my fish long ago.

@Saber_stance before you ask what a fish slap is. It's a gif that was used earlier in the history of SNAIL to reply when people asked questions that could be easily answered by either reading the first post in the thread, the SNAIL OLR P&G, or in the most extreme cases, simply reading the post at the top of the page on which the question was asked.

Last edited:
This is like choosing which bag of trash to keep. I guess I'll freeze the car.
I was more than happy to pass the freeze. Whatever you chose to freeze, I was good with. I love the RX8 and if the track would have been frozen I had multiple car choices. Speaking of, there is 2 great FWD cars in the UCD, the Civic Touring Car and a 95 Integra Type R. According to this site, https://ddm999.github.io/gt7info/, they will still be there come sunday night. Its been a while since we had a FWD on the roster, just saying, not trying to tip the scale of course ;)

With that said, Prize B selection: The RX-8 goes to Grand Valley Highway 1, Evening, S01. Mid div lap time: 2:15.

Last edited:
I was more than happy to pass the freeze. Whatever you chose to freeze, I was good with. I love the RX8 and if the track would have been frozen I had multiple car choices. Speaking of, there is 2 great FWD cars in the UCD, the Civic Touring Car and a 95 Integra Type R. According to this site, https://ddm999.github.io/gt7info/, they will still be there come sunday night. Its been a while since we had a FWD on the roster, just saying, not trying to tip the scale of course ;)

With that said, Prize B selection: The RX-8 goes to Grand Valley Highway 1, Evening, S01. Mid div lap time: 2:15.
Dragon Trail was just too big of a track for the RX8 in my opinion.

I have an idea to make the pass/freeze prize a little more interactive.
Maybe I freeze the track, not too exciting. But what if the track time and conditions can be changed when a winner chooses to freeze the track.

Maybe I freeze the track, not too exciting. But what if the track time and conditions can be changed when a winner chooses to freeze the track.
The idea of keeping one half of a combo is to keep an element the same as the previous week. This allows for half of the night to carry over to the following week and keeps a sense of familiarity. This would be like allowing someone to freeze the '90 RX7 but change it to a newer RX7. It's still an RX7 so why not?

I like this idea. It follows in the vein of the freeze play's origin. More power to prize C. Perhaps another vote is in order if this gets enough traction?
QUICK VOTE!!

Since we're starting a brand new season tonight, it's an ideal time to try out new ideas. I'd like to take a quick vote to see how many of you like (or dislike) the idea above to upgrade Prize C's power. As named be @Chiochan, it's called the "freeze play" and it allows the Prize C winner to prevent either the car or the track from being changed on the Prize B combo. Please reply to this post with either of the two choices below:

Lets try the Price C "freeze" this season!

OR

Keep the prizes the same!
The option that gets the most votes is the one we'll go with, so if you have an opinion on the matter you should vote. Please note that if the Price C freeze gets enough votes to to be piloted this season, we're going to let the Prize B winner decide if he wants to keep his car/track selection or if he wants to steal the "freeze play" from the Prize C winner. If he steals it, then the Prize C winner will get to choose the car or track instead.
All that would really change is the lighting on the track. Weather is not allowed right now in snail so the only changes we could make are time of day and how few/many clouds there are. I think it's a great Idea!

I would like to join the GT7 league
@BattleStatus

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Back