◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I had a Lot of fun tonight. It's a shame we didn't get more people running the Wednesday night practice races with us.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I had a Lot of fun tonight. It's a shame we didn't get more people running the Wednesday night practice races with us.

Didn't we have twelve drivers at one point? Maybe even more? That's not too bad.. The real shame would be if we don't get a good showing for Thursday's Team Racing! If you missed it last week, you missed out!! (yes, shameless plug for my night of hosting) :D

Please relegate me to Div 3. My work schedule has been hectic (missing whole races) and I've been terrible as of late.

Space, thanks for checking in. I know what you mean with a hectic work schedule. We hope to see you in my lounge on Sunday night to compete in Division3. Keep in mind that it won't be a cake walk. There's a lot of talent in Division3 this week. Several competitors are only there because they're new or because they only races in a couple of races last week and therefore had much lower than normal points total (leadbedr).

I can see a need of using 2 of the friends slots in the friends list for all members of SNAILS (Zer05ive & SNAIL Div #). This way all members have access to the race lobby for Sunday, as well as your lobby as a backup lobby if things turn sour. IF you were to do this, then you would need to send FR to all new members (like you do now) as well as anyone who is changing divisions, each and every week. This is an issue, yes, but you could give the access a SNAIL Div # account to a person you trust so they can take car of the all the needs of that Div on your behave. They could sign-in the account, address the all the FR for the account and send and answer any messages sent for that account. I wold think the person who normally running the Division room is the person to put in charge of that account. This would free you from having to EVERYTHING yourself. If I were you, this is exactly how I would do it, but that's just me. The only real issue I see is find people you trust to access the account on your behave, for the SNAIL League rather than their own agenda. Just a thought.

I guess this post by garris is a prime example of new members possibly being confused on where to race on Sunday nights. However, we've never had a situation (yet) were someone joined the wrong lounge on Sunday. Of course, we've never had three divisions either.. But even if someone did follow me into the wrong lounge one day, it would mean that I was online and racing so I could easier tell them where they're supposed to go. I'm going to have to give this some more thought.. I'm not entirely sure that this occasional confusion warrants all new members being required to add two PSN ID's.

As far as managing the PSN ID's for each division, that actually takes very little time. The tedious part was getting all the PSN ID's set up in the first place, but that's over with now. It also helps that I'm able to cut and paste from previously sent messages so sending friend requests to promoted drivers that have complete instructions on how to race in the appropriate lounge only take a few seconds. And of course, deleting drivers from an account when they get relegated takes even less time.

I was briefly involved in another group that used a number of psn id's for different types of racing, Casual, Enduro, Organized Races etc. It seemed to me to be a great deal of work to maintain them. Either way Zer0 decides to go, it's going to be a handful to keep everything in sync.

I'm hoping he know's there's a bunch of people here he can call on to help out if need be :)

Speaking of time - and needing help.. The biggest challenge for me is keeping up with this thread, let alone maintaining it. As diabolic mentioned yesterday, this thread is so fast paced that it's hard for me to keep it organized. Right now for example, I'm up past 1AM trying to catch up on posts from way earlier in the day. Obviously, my preference would be to respond to each and every post in a timely manner, but that just isn't possible..

Sooo.. since you seem to be volunteering to help, what would you say to being our official moderator so-to-speak? In reality, just do what you already do, but in more of an official capacity? I mean seriously, I've lost count of the number of times you'd ninja'd me when answering questions etc.. What's really wierd is that you articulate my thoughts better than I do.. It seems like you're in my head as it is.. Why not just make you the official moderator?

Last edited:
well, whose going to monitor the moderator? is it safe to let cheeb run wild. :scared:

question: With doughboy being relegated, shall I direct D1?
revision: With doughboy being relegated, I shall direct D1.

well, whose going to monitor the moderator? is it safe to let cheeb run wild. :scared:

What's the worst that could happen? An in depth statistical analysis of everyone's posts? :lol:

question: With doughboy being relegated, shall I direct D1?
revision: With doughboy being relegated, I shall direct D1.

Yes, thank you. 👍

furthermore: With doughboy being relegated, he shall direct D2 (instead of me).

Sooo.. since you seem to be volunteering to help, what would you say to being our official moderator so-to-speak? In reality, just do what you already do, but in more of an official capacity?

So, it's like that 'promotion' without the pay bump???

I mean seriously, I've lost count of the number of times you'd ninja'd me when answering questions etc.. What's really wierd is that you articulate my thoughts better than I do.. It seems like you're in my head as it is.. Why not just make you the official moderator?

I'm in and will do my best to summarize, quantify and provide a daily pie chart for you :)

Diabolic, I know you're looking over my shoulder, in fact you're likely looking over all our shoulders :nervous:

Whose going to moderate the monitor that's moderating the monitor? :)

Good racing for the few I got to be a part of.

I think the FGT racing could have been better if we had allowed some driving aids. maybe a little traction control for the non pro FGT drivers.

You guys got me loling with all that. Whomever is doing the moderating of the moderators.... Just a reminder that you can cross me off the racing list for this Sunday, as well as the next, as I'll be away from my cars for 2 weeks on vacation. MAn I wish they had a remote app for the iPhone to remote race. I do have a good racing app/game called real racing 2, which is a actually good but not compat of course. The controls would work in a pinch and actually handle game action very well. Twould be really cool for the jonesing people. Lol

Also, a side note for anyone interested. I made all my Bob's available to friends. I don't really know how it works, but they are there, so race them till they pass out if you want. I think 5/6 are blue arrows, and I think that means they are anxious to get driving. Thanks in advance if anyone partakes.

Take care all.

You guys got me loling with all that. Whomever is doing the moderating of the moderators.... Just a reminder that you can cross me off the racing list for this Sunday, as well as the next, as I'll be away from my cars for 2 weeks on vacation. MAn I wish they had a remote app for the iPhone to remote race. I do have a good racing app/game called real racing 2, which is a actually good but not compat of course. The controls would work in a pinch and actually handle game action very well. Twould be really cool for the jonesing people. Lol

Also, a side note for anyone interested. I made all my Bob's available to friends. I don't really know how it works, but they are there, so race them till they pass out if you want. I think 5/6 are blue arrows, and I think that means they are anxious to get driving. Thanks in advance if anyone partakes.

Take care all.

👍 Thanks for the heads up and enjoy the holiday!

I'll most likely be back sunday, do many new ppl this is weird now

Hey DJ, we'll most likely have a spot for you :)

We have three divisions now, I'll have to check with Zer0 to find out which one you'll be slotted into.

... I wish they had a remote app for the iPhone to remote race.

Well actually, there is a widget for Yahoo that will allow you run you B-spec. You'll need to leave a computer running to run the widget, and the PS3 needs to be running GT5 and in B-spec racing within the Community. The widget will login, access your account and tell your PS3 to run b-spec. This is great for grinding (the widget is called "B-spec Grinder" or something similar) This is great for when you are at work you can have your "B's" working all day, just like you, come home and Get Paid! It's almost like you're the Pimp and they're the hos. :lol:

The Down Side: You're going on vacation, so I seriously doubt you want to leave your PS3 running GT5 the entire time.

Take care all.
I'll make your Bob's run a few races for you, * ghetto accent* cuz I knowz ya needz ta get PAID!

Have a great vacation!

Well actually, there is a widget for Yahoo that will allow you run you B-spec. You'll need to leave a computer running to run the widget, and the PS3 needs to be running GT5 and in B-spec racing within the Community. The widget will login, access your account and tell your PS3 to run b-spec. This is great for grinding (the widget is called "B-spec Grinder" or something similar) This is great for when you are at work you can have your "B's" working all day, just like you, come home and Get Paid! It's almost like you're the Pimp and they're the hos. :lol:

The Down Side: You're going on vacation, so I seriously doubt you want to leave your PS3 running GT5 the entire time.

I'll make your Bob's run a few races for you, * ghetto accent* cuz I knowz ya needz ta get PAID!

Have a great vacation!

I didn't know that, cool 👍 I can go home now, I learned something today.

Here's the GTPlanet thread, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890

That is NEAT! I'll be using it for sure. Auto grind FTW!

BTW, since im not a Mod or a delegate, I mean, direct anything. I shall do what I do best. Sit here and look good.

Just a reminder that you can cross me off the racing list for this Sunday, as well as the next, as I'll be away from my cars for 2 weeks on vacation.

I'll most likely be back sunday, so many new ppl this is weird now

That reminds me.. I need to make an important announcement

When I decided on who got promoted and relegated after Sunday's races, one of the main factors was that I wanted each divisions to have the a similar number of drivers on the grid. Therefore, I planned on having eleven drivers in each of the top two divisions because I approximated that there would be about eleven drivers in Division3 once the drivers who were relegated from Division2 were combined with not only new members, but also existing members who simply missed last Sunday's races.

That being said, there have been a higher number of new members than expected and also quite a few existing members who have made it known that they'll be racing this Sunday night. Therefore, I'm actually worried that we might not have enough space in Division3. So to make room, I've increased both Division1 and Division2 from eleven drivers to twelve. Here is an updated list of who's being promoted and relegated. The drivers who are affected are noted in orange:

Division1
1st: M1SS-D3V10US ----- selected Prize A
2nd: jlbowler ------------ selected Prize B
3rd: Mighty_mopar ------- selected Prize C
4th: Diabolicwyvern ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
5th: ckoerner210 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
6th: rallywgn81 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
7th: AG07WRXTR -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
8th: kcheeb ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
9th: racefan78 ----------- did not submit a vote
10th: whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division2
11th: dvdoughboy -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 relegated to Division2
12th: Puddin_Head_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division2
13th: g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division2 (out for two weeks)
DNR: spooble ------------- did not race, but provided advanced notice

Division2
1st: ND_4_SPD_Naruto ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 promoted to Division1
2nd: ADR_BRONCO -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 newly promoted to Division1
3rd: tcrash15 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
4th: ImToLegitToQuit ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
5th: KissMyGlock ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
6th: AJK-VAIL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
7th: zer05ive -------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
8th: aubdogg -------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
9th: cmbeal317 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3 staying in Division2
10th: Psycho-Tuber -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3 staying in Division2
11th: MLR_SPARCO --------- did not submit a vote relegated to Division3
12th: The__Reaper --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3
13th: aDirtySpic- ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3
14th: Apmaddock ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 relegated to Division3
15th: leadbedr -------------- voted to eliminate Round 3 relegated to Division3

If you're name is not listed above, it means that you didn't race with us this past Sunday night and will therefore be in Division3 this upcoming Sunday night. The Division3 races will be taking place in my (zer05ive) lounge. Please click on the 'coffee cup' icon and not the 'orange man' icon. If you click on the 'orange man' icon, you'll follow me into the wrong lounge. Let me know if there are any questions about any of this.

Last edited:
Hey DJ, we'll most likely have a spot for you :)

We have three divisions now, I'll have to check with Zer0 to find out which one you'll be slotted into.

cheeb, I thought you accepted the promotion! No more "checking with zer0".. You're the official S.N.A.I.L. Herder, so herd away! :sly:

zer05ive
That reminds me.. I need to make an important announcement

When I decided on who got promoted and relegated after Sunday's races, one of the main factors was that I wanted each divisions to have the a similar number of drivers on the grid. Therefore, I planned on having eleven drivers in each of the top two divisions because I approximated that there would be about eleven drivers in Division3 once the drivers who were relegated from Division2 were combined with not only new members, but also existing members who simply missed last Sunday's races.

That being said, there have been a higher number of new members than expected and also quite a few existing members who have made it known that they'll be racing this Sunday night. Therefore, I'm actually worried that we might not have enough space in Division3. So to make room, I've increased both Division1 and Division2 from eleven drivers to twelve. Here is an updated list of who's being promoted and relegated. The drivers who are affected are noted in orange:

Division1
1st: M1SS-D3V10US ----- selected Prize A
2nd: jlbowler ------------ selected Prize B
3rd: Mighty_mopar ------- selected Prize C
4th: Diabolicwyvern ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
5th: ckoerner210 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
6th: rallywgn81 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
7th: AG07WRXTR -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
8th: kcheeb ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
9th: racefan78 ----------- did not submit a vote
10th: whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division2
11th: dvdoughboy -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 relegated to Division2
12th: Puddin_Head_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division2
13th: g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division2 (out for two weeks)
DNR: spooble ------------- did not race, but provided advanced notice

Division2
1st: ND_4_SPD_Naruto ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 promoted to Division1
2nd: ADR_BRONCO -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 newly promoted to Division1
3rd: tcrash15 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
4th: ImToLegitToQuit ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
5th: KissMyGlock ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
6th: AJK-VAIL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
7th: zer05ive -------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
8th: aubdogg -------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
9th: cmbeal317 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3 staying in Division2
10th: Psycho-Tuber -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3 staying in Division2
11th: MLR_SPARCO --------- did not submit a vote relegated to Division3
12th: The__Reaper --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3
13th: aDirtySpic- ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 relegated to Division3
14th: Apmaddock ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 relegated to Division3
15th: leadbedr -------------- voted to eliminate Round 3 relegated to Division3

If you're name is not listed above, it means that you didn't race with us this past Sunday night and will therefore be in Division3 this upcoming Sunday night. The Division3 races will be taking place in my (zer05ive) lounge. Please click on the 'coffee cup' icon and not the 'orange man' icon. If you click on the 'orange man' icon, you'll follow me into the wrong lounge. Let me know if there are any questions about any of this.

Don't worry ill be back in d1 soon

cheeb, I thought you accepted the promotion! No more "checking with zer0".. You're the official S.N.A.I.L. Herder, so herd away! :sly:

Gotcha, I didn't have the master driver list and didn't want to have to backtrack :lol:

Gene Hackman/QUOTE]

LOL - Enemy of the State. Good Movie

-Sonny (the cyborg from iRobot if you are unaware)

Is that why you refer to yourself as a cyborg?
...you do realize that he was a Sonny was a robot and not a cyborg. A Cyborg is both technical and biological mixed together. A purely technical being is a robot.

Okay, I have an idea. But it will take me a moment to get to it. I apologize for the wall of text that is about to follow.

I also apologize for speaking out of turn, since I am the new guy.

On Tuesday nights, I have been tweaking a parity series. I'm a horrible driver and I just want something to will let me at least keep up. Besides, I'm sick of the same drivers from the group that I tend to race with always winning. I don't care if I don't win, but it would be nice if someone else did. Everyone is invited, but I'm not really someone that promotes the no-tuning agenda. I didn't think many people from here would care.

But last week we did Tuning Prohibitied and it worked well. We are doing it again this week! And it is possible that will be the way we always do it from now on (though I am looking into ways to have more than one-make). So, please, come join us!

It is in my lounge.

That lead to my idea. Now, anyone interested has to friend me and all that good jazz. What do you guys use the division lounges for during the rest of the week? I haven't been to one of the Monday Mayhem, Diabolic's Friday stuff, or any of the practices. I don't see on the forum where it says these are held. I assume they are held in the lounge of whomever is hosting it, or in a public room.

Why not let everyone "book" the division lounges like one would conference rooms in an office? Then, in the first or second post of this thread, you can authoritatively say "Bob's Drunken Driving is held on Saturdays in the Division1 Lounge." and so on.

Does it make sense? Is it something you guys are already doing and I just missed it (cause it isn't very clear)? Is it a horrible idea?

Back