◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,821 comments
I want to participate in snail.

Hey criscr,

Thanks for your interest! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join.

In addition to this list, if your location is Costa Rica, you will need to show up for a Wednesday night practice session and test your internet connection to verify there are no issues. I would also suggest that if you race like you post (very impatient) that you calm down before you show up to race.

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

OMG!!!! I can't deal with that Mazda!!!! What's wrong with me??? I'm basically 1 1/2 sec slower than the field on every single lap anxiously waiting for someone to go off track to get a position!!!
By the other hand, me and the SLS are like best buddys but sadly noticed that, at least on D3 was the most voted combo :(. Not fair... coming from last to third position was EPIC.

OMG!!!! I can't deal with that Mazda!!!! What's wrong with me??? I'm basically 1 1/2 sec slower than the field on every single lap anxiously waiting for someone to go off track to get a position!!!
By the other hand, me and the SLS are like best buddys but sadly noticed that, at least on D3 was the most voted combo :(. Not fair... coming from last to third position was EPIC.

Must be a Portuguese thing... :sly: I feel your pain Schmiggz, I couldn't hit 3 fast enough when told to vote. Unfortunately D2 looked like it was torn between combo #1 & #2. Oh well more practice I guess.:banghead:

Must be a Portuguese thing... :sly: I feel your pain Schmiggz, I couldn't hit 3 fast enough when told to vote. Unfortunately D2 looked like it was torn between combo #1 & #2. Oh well more practice I guess.:banghead:

A tip; you don't need second gear but for one turn.

Might as well remove me from the active list and put me on the "Will race when I can" list.

Tried to race last night but had some issues in the home with the kids. The 9:30 start has really made it almost impossible for me to race. That extra 30 minutes was my time to paint the cars and run 4 or 5 laps of practice in each before the race. Now I jump in with zero practice all week, cars that aren't broken in or even oil changed and just rush, rush, rush to get into the room. I can still finish top 5 with the handicap of the cars not being broken in but not without running a single practice lap. Double whammy.

Not much fun. I thought I could rekindle the fun but all those things combined makes for a bad racing experience.

See you guys at PP Cap racing if you decide to come over there from time to time.

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an OLR Rules violation, please file a complaint by 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific tonight. You must follow the complaint process precisely or your complaint will not be addressed!! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file a complaint, please read this. Also keep in mind that a race complaint isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Might as well remove me from the active list and put me on the "Will race when I can" list.

Tried to race last night but had some issues in the home with the kids. The 9:30 start has really made it almost impossible for me to race. That extra 30 minutes was my time to paint the cars and run 4 or 5 laps of practice in each before the race. Now I jump in with zero practice all week, cars that aren't broken in or even oil changed and just rush, rush, rush to get into the room. I can still finish top 5 with the handicap of the cars not being broken in but not without running a single practice lap. Double whammy.

Not much fun. I thought I could rekindle the fun but all those things combined makes for a bad racing experience.

See you guys at PP Cap racing if you decide to come over there from time to time.

I'd help you by sending broken in and ready to go cars. ;) this should alleviate that burden.

Honestly my fastest lap times last week with non broken-in cars were right there with the fastest guys. But I was very familiar with Tsukuba in slow cars due to how often it was run in PP Cap racing so I won pole in the first race (and won the race) and got second in the second race. My lap times in the WRX were near the top because the Saturday endurance was there the day before ;) albeit in race cars.

I can run as fast as the top few guys with a car that it isn't broken in...it's the fact that I have zero practice time before hand. Moving to 9:30 killed me. My kids get in bed by 9ish usually. Then I grab a shower and can possibly be on by 9:30. When we started at 10pm it was fine because I could at least take 2-3 practice laps in each combo.

I will make an attempt when I can get the kids in bed earlier. So not on a regular basis. If I CAN go that night, I will throw you a PM and see if you have any extra cars laying around ;)

That would require a lot of time ;) Which I just don't have right now. Work will slow down in the next month so I may have some extra time then.

You will surprise yourself as to what will get done if it's scheduled into your week.

Oil change= 5 minutes x2 cars = 10 minutes
80 laps Indy Bspec= 5 minutes to set up x2 cars = 10 minutes
2nd Oil changes to reach max power 10 minutes
10 min practice per combo x 3 = 30 minutes

Total time to improve your performance by a huge margin = 60 minutes

Minutes in a week = 10,080

i was really looking forward to coming back and this combo still being up :(

Hey SNAIL, why was i relegated back to D5 just because i took April off from GT5? Anyway, in D5 last night i won 3 races and grabbed 1 pole position and earned 91 points. And D5 is filled with very competent, respectful and clean drivers right now and i had a blast. So it's cool. I'll just work my way up thru the ranks the old fashioned way.
Keep up the good work guys!

Hey SNAIL, why was i relegated back to D5 just because i took April off from GT5? Anyway, in D5 last night i won 3 races and grabbed 1 pole position and earned 91 points. And D5 is filled with very competent, respectful and clean drivers right now and i had a blast. So it's cool. I'll just work my way up thru the ranks the old fashioned way.

I was chasing at your bumbo bee at the second race on Laguna Saga last night. Hella fun.

You will surprise yourself as to what will get done if it's scheduled into your week.

Oil change= 5 minutes x2 cars = 10 minutes
80 laps Indy Bspec= 5 minutes to set up x2 cars = 10 minutes
2nd Oil changes to reach max power 10 minutes
10 min practice per combo x 3 = 30 minutes

Total time to improve your performance by a huge margin = 60 minutes

Minutes in a week = 10,080

It's hard when you are self-employed and always on the go. With two kids, one of which is always home because she is not VPK age yet, it's hard to get a spare moment to myself. Can't fire the PS3 up until the kids are in bed as it takes up the main TV. I don't have a race seat so I have to get out the TV tray and attach the wheel to it and hook up the cords. All this stuff takes time...

And the wife doesn't want the TV taken up all the time because she wants to watch her shows sometimes...so I can only turn it on during very specific times ;)

if you are gonna score 90+ points every week make sure to pick some good combos 👍

Back