◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,818 comments
Formula SNAIL SPEC F2007

turbosnail.jpg

Sunday May 26/13 10pm Eastern.

In SNAIL Division 3 Lounge

The X Event has been postponed once again. Instead we will run a one time Formula SNAIL event. One night only.

8 or 10 minute Q and run 10 laps for each track.​

Tracks​
Tokyo
Suzuka
Spa
Indy Road Course​

SNAIL OLR applies.
Racing Soft tires.

So far we have:

Oshawa-Joe
Kcheeb
Dabneyd
OwensRacing
Schmiggz
DrKronin
Racingchamp30
Chatva
Wolfsatz

Kinda regret that I bought the F10 instead of the F2007 a while back. I would have had enough credit if I didn't buy that Lambo Miura

Thank you everyone for coming out and trying Formula SNAIL Event, and congratulations GumballCGT!

71eb4f8a-669f-48f9-b7d9-1611af06607a_zpsfb030e25.jpg

# Driver-----------Points
1 Gumball----------64
2 Oshawa----------61
3 berdy-------------55
4 kronin------------54
5 kcheeb-----------50
6 racingchamp----41
7 wolf---------------41
8 schmig-----------19
9 nic----------------19

4 races... 3 different winners!

Full Results can be found here.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for coming out and trying Formula SNAIL Event, and congratulations GumballCGT!

71eb4f8a-669f-48f9-b7d9-1611af06607a_zpsfb030e25.jpg

# Driver-----------Points
1 Gumball----------64
2 Oshawa----------61
3 berdy-------------55
4 kronin------------54
5 kcheeb-----------50
6 racingchamp----41
7 wolf---------------41
8 schmig-----------19
9 nic----------------19

4 races... 3 different winners!

Full Results can be found here.

Sounds like you guys had a good time last night!

Is it just me or is the ai BRUTALLY fast at night?

You still working that 24hr race?

I noticed myself that the first stint after resuming a race at night the AI seemed faster and my lead would diminish significantly. A couple more stints would rebuild that lead plus some. Daylight racing didn't seem to behave in that fashion, perhaps because I was a bit faster...

Currently have about 3 hours left to do on mine. 4 lap lead and back at 100% wet.

Last edited:
Dragonwhisky
You still working that 24hr race?

I noticed myself that the first stint after resuming a race at night the AI seemed faster and my lead would diminish significantly. A couple more stints would rebuild that lead plus some. Daylight racing didn't seem to behave in that fashion, perhaps because I was a bit faster...

Currently have about 3 hours left to do on mine. 4 lap lead and back at 100% wet.

Yeah I was out of town from Friday till this afternoon. I've got eight hours done and a eight second lead... I need it to freaking rain again. I was slaughtering the ai in the wet lol

I just can't believe the 2003 Peugeot race car. It's way faster than the fap and goes 15 laps at that pace! I can barely manage 13!

DJones
Yeah I was out of town from Friday till this afternoon. I've got eight hours done and a eight second lead... I need it to freaking rain again. I was slaughtering the ai in the wet lol

I just can't believe the 2003 Peugeot race car. It's way faster than the fap and goes 15 laps at that pace! I can barely manage 13!

Try going on softs flat out for eight laps or so. I switched to that and went from a small lead to almost three laps in about two hours.

hillracing
Try going on softs flat out for eight laps or so. I switched to that and went from a small lead to almost three laps in about two hours.

Thanks, will do. Too bad I checked this when I entered the pits...

Dragonwhisky
The last hour timer has started! Woohoo!

WOOOO!

I just suspended the race at 10:48. I have completed 170 laps and have a 2.5 minute lead. The rs and hit it method works so well you don't even have time to pee during pit stops!

WOOOO!

I just suspended the race at 10:48. I have completed 170 laps and have a 2.5 minute lead. The rs and hit it method works so well you don't even have time to pee during pit stops!

LOL. Better get a bottle and pee in the seat!

Nurb done. Game Progress 100%. See you all when GT6 comes out. ;)

163 laps. Best lap dry - 7:17 on RS, best lap wet - 9:12 on full rain tires. Got the Audi R10 and a level 24 Ticket. No save replay option 👎 Reckon the file would just be to big. Glad that's done and if I never see rain on any track, let alone Nurburgring, it'll be to soon. Think I mighta had 40 laps on a dry track. :ill::yuck:.

Looks like the 908 has 735HP and 704PP. Mine has over 3K miles on it now.

Last edited:
11:20 in very close to 5 lap lead. Only rain has been at the start and it dried up with in an hour. Knock in wood. Maybe a drought for my 24hr event.

Edit: Curses, it's now raining.

Last edited:
I'm only at the 8 hr mark so far. Got a 3 lap lead. Figured out that I can still use my secondary account so it looks like that's what I'll be using until I finish the 24 hrs. I'll send friend requests tomorrow to d1 and d2 if someone can accept them. My other account is GTP_Chilly1.

I'm nearly at 15 hours now. The '05 Pescarolo has fallen victim to something since it's dropped back to 4th so I've regained my 2 lap lead, this time over the '01 Audi R8. I'm pitting every 10 or 12 laps depending on what tyres I have on. The Audi doesn't seem to be quite as fast as the Pescarolo was so I haven't really had to throw my car around as much to keep on their pace.

hillracing
Figured out that I can still use my secondary account so it looks like that's what I'll be using until I finish the 24 hrs. I'll send friend requests tomorrow to d1 and d2 if someone can accept them. My other account is GTP_Chilly1.

That's a good idea. I'll do the same tomorrow.

I'm gonna risk it. Back up game save on thumb drive. Then start GT5. Abort race. Do online event. Quit GT5. Reload back up off thumb drive and hope it works. ;)

Did a recording of a night lap in the rain:

This pic might actually be at Spa

Peugeot-908-HDi-FAP.jpg

But this livery is so much cooler.

Peugeot-908-Hdi-Fap-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg

And here is an offering for the Alfa.

280px-2001-2005_Alfa_Romeo_147_Selespeed_Twin_Spark_5-door_hatchback_03.jpg

If in game pics are what's desired I will get those after work.

Last edited:
Use the intermediate tires even when it is 100% wet. They have much more grip. I have 7 hours left to go with the rain not stopping. Best lap times so far: 7:27.7 with racing hard tires and 8:09.2 with intermediates in 100% wet conditions.

Is anyone going to pick up Grid 2? I'm interested in SNAIL opinion on the game. Thinking about trying it out but don't want to get stuck with another Shift 2 where the cars feel like sail boats - hate that game.

Is anyone going to pick up Grid 2? I'm interested in SNAIL opinion on the game. Thinking about trying it out but don't want to get stuck with another Shift 2 where the cars feel like sail boats - hate that game.

I picked up Grid used when I heard that Grid 2 was coming out. If Grid 2 isn't a significant improvement over the first game, it will not find it's way into my house. I'm hoping that PSN will put out a free one hour trial of the game so I can try it that way. Somebody in the PP Cap racing last night said they were going to pick it up today but I'm not sure who that was so maybe we'll get some feedback on the game without having to shell out the $60.

I'm only at the 8 hr mark so far. Got a 3 lap lead. Figured out that I can still use my secondary account so it looks like that's what I'll be using until I finish the 24 hrs. I'll send friend requests tomorrow to d1 and d2 if someone can accept them. My other account is GTP_Chilly1.

Oops, totally misread your post when peaking at my phone this morning. Logged on, but didn't see your FR's. Please post when you've sent them and I should be able to log on again after work to accept them.

Anything wrong with these?

Nope! And those have the virtue of being in game shots. I just seem to recall Zero being fond of using pics of the cars on the track they'll be run at, which mine are not. I just post some up from where I can get them and let the wizards of photoshop pick which to use.

Chiochan
That was me last night. I just got it and will pm anyone interested my opinion of the game in a few days.

Please let me know what you think. I know it's more arcade than sim, but as long as it looks good and the cars offer a reasonably good driving experience. I found Shift 2 and F1 2011 both felt very strange to drive, almost like I was never really connected to the car, more along for the ride.

What are your first impressions?

I was going to wait for some reviews before deciding. Same as Joe, I got burned on Shift 2 and to a degree Forza.

That was me last night. I just got it and will pm anyone interested my opinion of the game in a few days.

Please let me know too Goat, thanks!

Re: Grid 2, IGN says,

"Last year’s Dirt Showdown never really knew what it was. Grid 2 does. Its continued shift away from its sim pedigree will still disappoint those of us who fondly recall the Race Driver games of old, but it still a great, modern package. A well-curated car list, a great sense of speed, and a well-thought out career mode combine in a racer that is a lot of fun to play through."

Joystiq says,

"Grid 2 has its moments, but every racing game comes down to the relationship between car and driver, and here it is almost exclusively an adversarial one. Were the cars more fun to drive, the events more coherently constructed and the AI given a sense of a self-preservation, Grid 2's best moments could have been the norm, instead of the exception that proves the rule."

zer05ive
Oops, totally misread your post when peaking at my phone this morning. Logged on, but didn't see your FR's. Please post when you've sent them and I should be able to log on again after work to accept them.

Friend requests sent. Btw can someone send me the Pontiac on my secondary account? GTP_chilly1

Re: Grid 2, IGN says,

"Last year’s Dirt Showdown never really knew what it was. Grid 2 does. Its continued shift away from its sim pedigree will still disappoint those of us who fondly recall the Race Driver games of old, but it still a great, modern package. A well-curated car list, a great sense of speed, and a well-thought out career mode combine in a racer that is a lot of fun to play through."

Joystiq says,

"Grid 2 has its moments, but every racing game comes down to the relationship between car and driver, and here it is almost exclusively an adversarial one. Were the cars more fun to drive, the events more coherently constructed and the AI given a sense of a self-preservation, Grid 2's best moments could have been the norm, instead of the exception that proves the rule."

The reviews are all over the map ranging from 6/10 to 9/10 I think. I trust the opinion of a SNAIL driver more than any review. Our group enjoy playing a specific way - clean, with control, and without aids. If the game is lacking in proper driver feel and experience ( for an arcade game), we will know it.

Latest Posts

Back