◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
I got invited on the PS3, and I would like to join - ID myato1

Thanks for your interest! We would love to have you in the series. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_zps7f289e49.jpg

So after playing around on the Nurb for a while and reading the little guide on how to post pics on here, I think I've come up with something really cool. Perhaps I could do the photographs for D5? :D

Awesome pic! Of course you can be the photographer for D5! I've added you to the TEAM S.N.A.I.L. post accordingly. :)

Good evening fellow SNAILS! I think The Pit Board will be postponed until tomorrow night. After a 70 hour work week (and one more day to go) and some butt-munch getting all shooty a block from my folks house, I think I am gonna just hit the hay...

Good evening fellow SNAILS! I think The Pit Board will be postponed until tomorrow night. After a 70 hour work week (and one more day to go) and some butt-munch getting all shooty a block from my folks house, I think I am gonna just hit the hay...

Crap dude, that's one heck of a week. Get some rest and try to sneak some relaxation in there too 👍

NURB NORD RECYCLER

So SNAILS, given that planning a formal event takes some serious time which in my case is a luxury and that we have no formal Friday event.

I have done a few SNAIL Recycler events in the past with limited success; I am throwing the idea to you guys to get some feedback. Similar in nature to what Owens is doing on Thursday and Dr. Greenthumb on Saturday after Enduro.

The event would go something like this:
Three 3 lap races around the famouse Nürburgring Nordschleife
One 2 lap race on 24 Nurburing with Weather.
Recycler means we would use cars from previous SNAIL line up.
Settings:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed

Ideas? Suggestions? Feedback? 💡

I definitely think that we should have an organized event on Friday night and I your Nürb Recycler sounds good. 👍

6 happy Snails in D1

5 to go for a full room

However, it's probably best to ask the 10+ guys who raced tonight to see what they think..

If you were in D1 tonight (or are often able to race on Friday nights), please state what kind of event you'd like to see take place on Friday nights. Or would you rather just race the combos for the upcoming Sunday night and just have fun practicing them? Please let your opinions be heard so that we can give the people what they want! :sly:

Hey guys, i have raced randomly with a couple of you guys here and there and i'd be really interested in joining your league, i guess i just post here and wait for a reply.

Hey guys, i have raced randomly with a couple of you guys here and there and i'd be really interested in joining your league, i guess i just post here and wait for a reply.

Hi VrapPlus,

Thanks for your interest! We would love to have you in the series. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

What a great racing in D1 we get tonight on the sunday practice and directly after on the SHUFFLE racing. Thank you guys!!!!!👍 👍 👍 👍

I removed the SNAIL banner and will just run it under Spot Races and Time Trials. No problem then.

Won't even mention it again in this thread.

Sorry to offend anyone.

Do note we was promoting SNAIL to those that exhibited good race craft in the room. Is that still ok to do?
Owens,

I have been away for the last few days so sorry I did not chime in. From my perspective I have no problem with you running on Thursday. Our series would be very different and while I would hate to loose any Cappers ultimately it is a free country and I want as many SNAILs as possible to be able to race what they want when they want.

Best of luck with the series.

Joby

I'm excited and nervous... I wanna know where i rank haha, its going to be verification of how much i suck.

Do not worry about your current skill level. Worry about what you can do (this week) to improve.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, especially on a tough combo, many great drivers can and will help.

Do not worry about your current skill level. Worry about what you can do (this week) to improve.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, especially on a tough combo, many great drivers can and will help.

The spirit of S.N.A.I.L. 👍

Awesome pic! Of course you can be the photographer for D5! I've added you to the TEAM S.N.A.I.L. post accordingly. :)

Sweet! :D Thanks zer0!

No, thank YOU! It's all of you guys who give your time and skills for the betterment of the league that make S.N.A.I.L. what it is. With that in mind, kcheeb have been searching for a way to thank you guys and we think we've found it.. Starting tomorrow, we're going to start a contest that only guys on TEAM S.N.A.I.L. can participate in. I can't give you all the details yet, but let's just say the prize will be kick ass!

Back