◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,810 comments
It's a conspiracy against us, Goat....I think the bigwigs are purely Star Wars fans ;)

Let's fight it out!
Star+Wars+v+Star+Trek_253710_3945432.jpg

:drool:

Anyone interested. Nurb Nord at 9pm EST (4.5hrs from this post)

Car:

FR-S
BRZ
FT-86

Comfort Softs

Some one lap races then possible 3-4 lap race.

Div 1 Room or Open Lobby will post when up.

Owens,
I am guessing still untuned cars right? Is it possible for a delayed start at the normal SNAIL time? Or 9:30 EST ?

PP Limit? The FT-86 09 and 10 have very different PP ranges than the othe 2 variants.

Owens,
I am guessing still untuned cars right? Is it possible for a delayed start at the normal SNAIL time? Or 9:30 EST ?

PP Limit? The FT-86 09 and 10 have very different PP ranges than the othe 2 variants.

Untuned. We will be in there till midnight. I'd say around 10:30-11:00 we might do a 30-40 minute race if enough show up.

Just wanted to say.Im really starting to like the Rome/ bmw setup. Getting faster everytime I run it.

You will definitely get faster the longer you race here. This is the only league I know of that that statement is valid. It's an intangible thing but true. Add the benefit of saved replays to learn from the fast guys and you can't help but get faster.

There's only one place at Rome you need to be careful of the person in front of you, the kink (not what you're thinking).

I don't know how many times I've seen people stacked up one directly behind the other and then passed them while they were picking up parts. The turn in there is hugely important and earlier than you might think. If you're nose to tail with the guy in front of you, pretty good chance you'll miss the turn in and go wide :ouch: or have to brake again to stay off the wall, losing speed.

I give myself space to the car in front so I can see my brake and turn in points and usually got a good run on the people ahead of me. Made a couple of passes down that straight as a result and was able to dodge more than one car doing the funky pinball.

I like racing there, some good sections that require you to push harder than you think you can to maintain speed and some good places to try a pass under braking (also good for practicing your defending skills). Manage the kink and you should be good to go.

My 2 cents.

You are absolutely right. If you drop back a little bit before the kink and hit your breaking and turn in perfect, you have a huge advantage the guys in front of you. If they mess up or not, you still got a bit of a straight to pull them in and outbreak them for the left hander.

Also I'm glad you guys like the BMW at Rome.

Like the BMW, Rome not much. Actually everything sans the left chicane before going up hill is a blast. That corner gets me or someone and ends up ruining my race everytime I race here.

You will definitely get faster the longer you race here. This is the only league I know of that that statement is valid. It's an intangible thing but true. Add the benefit of saved replays to learn from the fast guys and you can't help but get faster.

Latest example: Panda has gone from D4 to D1 in a matter of months. And it wasn't because he was assigned to the wrong division or anything like that. As Wolfsatz said, he's simply gotten faster and faster. 👍

Anyone know of a good flight simulation games a la GT5, but planes for PS3?

Not for PS3. The best flight sim I know of is the Microsoft flight sim. It's what was recommended to me by my flight instructor back when I was in flight school. Very realistic. If you want combat flight sims that's different and I don't have any idea on that. If you want a Radio Controlled airplane sim get Realflight 6.5. I fly RC planes and learned from that sim.

Owens,

He meant GT-86... The pp for all 3 cars is 413pp.

He meant GT-86... The pp for all 3 cars is 413pp.

Yes GT. dang man fingers and small keyboards don't always work out so well. ;)

Opening room ASAP!!

Nürburgring Nordschleife Room Open:
1472-6118-3701-4252-8422

Closed!!!

Fantastic time tonight.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a good flight simulation games a la GT5, but planes for PS3?

Not for PS3. The best flight sim I know of is the Microsoft flight sim. It's what was recommended to me by my flight instructor back when I was in flight school. Very realistic. If you want combat flight sims that's different and I don't have any idea on that. If you want a Radio Controlled airplane sim get Realflight 6.5. I fly RC planes and learned from that sim.

I second this. I've put something like 1500 hours into MS Flight Sims preparing for eventually getting my license (I will someday, I swear ;)). It covers a lot. And the most recent iteration is old enough that it works on almost any recent computer.

Last edited:
2757024032.png

Now that is a little more like it! I'm thinking we either had the old houses service or our old service transferred here at any rate, last night the internet went down, this morning I called and had to reactivate it. Now its much faster. I'm going to re-run the line inside, that might bump it up a knick or two. Still not 50, but it did say "up to 50." Maybe I can mess with them until they redo the outside line too...

Nice connection! I've updated the TEAM S.N.A.I.L. post with your updated speedtest.net results. 👍

Can I relegate myself? These D1 guys are too fast for me. Plus, I'm about to start to use my wheel again and will be even slower for some time.

Now that's funny right there. One of the fastest in D1 saying he can't keep up. Maybe you're slower on the wheel?

We know the type. Shows up at the strip with stock hood, hidden shift light and 3 chamber mufflers. 👍

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 5

TEX36 / TEX-36
  • Race 6 incident
    Level 2 - 6 points - halved to 3 points for self report
    2 weeks probation

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes do not affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Last edited:
Really? TEX? Say it ain't so Joe.
Haha. In SNAIL 1+ years and still in the lowest division. Obviously not true for me.

Last edited:
Nord room was a blast. Looking forward to doing it again next Thursday.

We did some day to night transitions. Full rain. Ended up picking some cars from the recommended garage. All in all fun 3 hrs.

Its a shame the vita is 3g. Bad move sony, bad move...

Yeah, but how many people would have paid a monthly fee for 4G on a device primarily for gaming? I know there are other uses for it too, but who doesn't have a smartphone at this point that isn't capable of "everything else" the Vita can do?

What really killed it is the expensive memory. Even now a 32 Gig is $100. When a mini SDCH is under 20.
However, when I am at home and the TV is busy, still a nice powerful device; and some good games are relatively cheap.

I agree, that was just an insanely greedy (and stupid) move by Sony. I you want to try to create the "next big thing" in media formats, overpricing it and making it usable on only one device probably wasn't the best move.

And yes, the device itself is impressive with good games for cheap. MotorStorm RC was the best ten bucks I ever spent on a video game (and a fun platinum too! :dopey:)

The reason I didn't get one is because of price. It's a nice piece of hardware

I really lucked out on the price I paid. I bought it from a co-worker who had won it at a work event. He wasn't a gamer and had no interest in it, so he sold it to me still sealed in the box for only $125. :)

I'd like to officially announce that the May 2013 season results are final. While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, I wanted to highlight the division champions:

Division 1
Adventuruss

Division 2
Da_Panda_Bear

Division 3
dabneyd

Division 4
Sandblazter

Division 5
iroquois--

Congratulations to all five of you! :cheers:

The Vita is great. If you have PS+ it's even better because you have like 8 free games to play. The only problem is the memory like others have said. Looking forward to the PS4, Vita compatibility!

I've got a few 4 gig sticks from the psp. I imagine its the same memory card? Maybe I'll pick one up when I start looking into getting a ps4

Hey guys,
This is raymann500, I want to see if anyone out there can help me get the Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept '02. I need it for round 1 on Sunday night. If anyone can help me out please let me know. I'll Trade or buy.
Thank you very much,
raymann500

Hey guys,
This is raymann500, I want to see if anyone out there can help me get the Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept '02. I need it for round 1 on Sunday night. If anyone can help me out please let me know. I'll Trade or buy.
Thank you very much,
raymann500

Billy Ray, I can help you out. I'll send a friend request in a bit.

Friend request sent.

Last edited:
I second this. I've put something like 1500 hours into MS Flight Sims preparing for eventually getting my license (I will someday, I swear ;)). It covers a lot. And the most recent iteration is old enough that it works on almost any recent computer.

Thanks for the advice guys. I was hoping there was something on PS3 but after searching there isn't. I'll have to look into a PC version.

Back