◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,320 comments
I'd like to try this league
Hi. Missing the info bolded in the quote.

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a reply (by clicking the 'Reply' button at the bottom of this post) stating, "I have read the first post and would like to join," and tell us how you heard about SNAIL. (Do not start a conversation with anyone, just post your request on this thread).
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post and follow the instructions provided.
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the lineup for our next races.
Step 4: Wait to be assigned to a division and then join that division's lounge on Sunday night.
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

This week's Donkey Kong Challenge:

Mission - Moby Dick
Least Fuel, Fastest Lap 2
2000GT '67
Set your best time using the allotted fuel

Times:
Level 1 - 1:22.000
Level 2 - 1:20.800
Level 3 - 1:19.750
Level 4 - 1:18.649

What level are you?

Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members
Gave it the good old try and got Level 3 which I’m happy with. I see you’ve made Level 4 quite hard at being a top ten time. Unfortunately I don’t believe it’s exactly possible for me currently. I would have to be able to control the fuel consumption a bit more I believe to really get better. And on controller it’s hard to focus on racing and changing the fuel consumption at the same time lol

Hi. Missing the info bolded in the quote.

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a reply (by clicking the 'Reply' button at the bottom of this post) stating, "I have read the first post and would like to join," and tell us how you heard about SNAIL. (Do not start a conversation with anyone, just post your request on this thread).
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post and follow the instructions provided.
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the lineup for our next races.
Step 4: Wait to be assigned to a division and then join that division's lounge on Sunday night.
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List
I have read the first post, and would like to join, I read the post that was posted in gtp.

I have read the first post, and would like to join, I read the post that was posted in gtp.
@wareagle68

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, June 2nd, 2024 Lineup
May 2024 Season League Night #4

1. Audi TTS Coupe '09 on SM Tires @ Watkins Glen International Long Course - S04 Evening - (7 Laps)​
2. Ford Mustang Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Alsace Village - S09 Early Morning - (7 Laps)​
3. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior on RH Tires @ Goodwood Full Course - S04 Early Morning - (12 Laps)​

June 2nd Combos.png

Last edited:
This week's Donkey Kong Challenge:

Mission - Moby Dick
Least Fuel, Fastest Lap 2
2000GT '67
Set your best time using the allotted fuel

Times:
Level 1 - 1:22.000
Level 2 - 1:20.800
Level 3 - 1:19.750
Level 4 - 1:18.649

What level are you?

Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members
Usually I hate these 'challenges', not @JamCar0ne but GT7 in general. So I tried this to make everyone feel good about themselves. However, rather than finishing DFL I placed 2nd in my list of friends (that does include JamCar and Noob), so I guess now I like this. Thanks JamCar for this. They are available to all and I think more should jump in. What about us D2s give it a go? I ain't goin' to be #1, but I want to be as fast as I can.

PS,
I got my time on Power Level 2 and short shifted a bit, I think, hard to tell I'm my VR view.

Last edited:
FTWC (For Those Who Care), LOL, VR2 update:

Best thing I ever did to make SIM racing close to real was buy a VR2 headset.

I learned with the help of people here, and time, that there are short comings with VR. I have been able to minimize these things with lens inserts (very happy with HansVR), getting the head set positioned correctly, learning to move my head more than I am used to and mostly, accepting the quality of the view.

And that brings me to the view:

I can't say enough about this.
I now have depth of field, which I think makes me much better at following closely; some may disagree.
I HAVE PERIPHERAL vision. I am better able to pick braking points. See lines through the apex.
I can look out the side window in a hairpin to see my exit point.
I can look around to see if it's safe to re-enter the track after an off. (Something we should all be aware of: No hinderance to anyone who is following.)
The sense of altitude change is breathtaking; Sardegna, Mt Panorama. I finally realized my issue with T1 at Autopolis was because it's slightly downhill. I never fully appreciated that in pancake mode.
Looking over the side of an open wheeled car and seeing my name there.
Looking out the back window.
Looking.

I can hardly wait until the next generation.

AWRGARA (Anyway Who Really Gives A Rats A$$):cheers:

Round 1 mid div lap time...is it 2:03.000 or 2:13.000? Asking for a friend.

I'm finding 2:03 a high (low?) bar that I can't reach. I'm about 2:08, I think.

My friend thinks 2:08 is a really good lap.

I think I may have used the wrong tire compound for the time.

OK. I have no memory. I just posted a blistering lap, a 2:11. Where I got 2:08 from I have no idea. 😗

@Akzl298 2:11 drops the laps to 7.

I will follow the Sunday night schedule, only one hour earlier. All times EDT.
Race laps set to about 75%.
Adaptability allowed.

8:00 pm lobby opens.

8:30ish 1st race.

Races will proceed more like a practice night, with allowances for new arrivals. Races will be as per Snails procedure re: reverse grid, etc. And if you're in the lobby please point out any issues you see.

I failed to save any replays of the Audi at Watkins Glen. But, here are some shots of the action in the other 2 combos.
d68f617a73d4b94b2c8a0e7b2d2daa6f_thumb_l.jpeg
7cff63c5efb7c7aae15fe8b30ce06fe8_thumb_l.jpeg
8078f97abdf3d60ede71b4e96caa9fb0_thumb_l.jpeg
d6b0d85dd0dff88c88dda92f54da8a29_thumb_l.jpeg
aa7b557076662b61b08f416336293428_thumb_l.jpeg
220988e817295f53cacaef04ee794624_thumb_l.jpeg

The next 2 shots aren't a mistake. I discovered the zoom lens which foreshortens objects. The first is taken with with the default focal length of 25mm, which is a very wide angle lens. The background cars seem far away.
2e3d8bc89318cb74a1d17309bd63e6af_thumb_l.jpeg

For this photo I backed up a bunch and then zoomed in with the camera. It is equipped with a 25-800mm zoom lens. I don't know what focal length I used here, but it is in the range of 120-180mm. Notice how much closer the following cars now look. The racing just got tighter. 😄
6c7d1d7f9ed28f2c3e0b64b2f2950f7d_thumb_l.jpeg

These last 2 are also with the lens set at 120-180 mm.
89c0e60b44af2ea245a9a1af7a31b6ae_thumb_l.jpeg
f8591b6e93cc5dfa434f56bf5a3f77fc_thumb_l.jpeg

Would anyone be interested if I was to host a mini Sunday race, probably 3/4 race distance? I'm thinking an 8pm EDT start.

I failed to save any replays of the Audi at Watkins Glen. But, here are some shots of the action in the other 2 combos.
View attachment 1359242View attachment 1359243View attachment 1359244View attachment 1359245View attachment 1359246View attachment 1359247

The next 2 shots aren't a mistake. I discovered the zoom lens which foreshortens objects. The first is taken with with the default focal length of 25mm, which is a very wide angle lens. The background cars seem far away.
View attachment 1359248

For this photo I backed up a bunch and then zoomed in with the camera. It is equipped with a 25-800mm zoom lens. I don't know what focal length I used here, but it is in the range of 120-180mm. Notice how much closer the following cars now look. The racing just got tighter. 😄
View attachment 1359249

These last 2 are also with the lens set at 120-180 mm.
View attachment 1359250View attachment 1359252
Great photos of Sunday

I have read the first post and would like to join. (again?)

How I heard about SNAIL: I was here when it was created. Used to run the WRS time trials and then this, but Army life got in the way a lot. Am retired now, finally!
@dudeondacouch

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

In an attempt to run 2:03s on the Watkins Glen round 1, I used Circuit Experience to learn the track. Getting gold on the full lap was probably the most difficult thing I've done on GT7. Finally did it today...barely.

Last edited:
I have read the first post and would like to join. (again?)

How I heard about SNAIL: I was here when it was created. Used to run the WRS time trials and then this, but Army life got in the way a lot. Am retired now, finally!
Ah man the WRS time trials, I used to participate back in the GT5 Prologue days, 2009-2010. Talk about a throwback, I was D1 bronze and it was my first contact to this forum.

Welcome back to SNAIL !

Last edited:
Back