◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,572 comments
  • 21,755,192 views
No F1 spoilers please!! I still have 9 more laps of Supercross to watch before I get to the F1 racing!! :cool:
ill spoil one part for you, its the most exciting f1 races you have seen in a very long time.
 
Team S.N.A.I.L.
April Update​


Promotion and Relegation has been completed and as usual, there has been some movement for some of our Team members. Most of the divisions look pretty good but there are still a few key spots that need to be addressed before tonight.

If you are a member of Team SNAIL and have been moved to another division, you have been placed in your new division in the same capacity as you were before. In most cases it is a back up position if there was an existing division driver for a specific duty.

I recommend that all divisions review the roster and sort out who will cover what duties for tonight. Since we will be up against another update, it is imperative that we have everything in order so we complete the nights racing before the servers go down.

As with every month, all members should double check my work and make sure I haven't made any mistakes in regards to who is doing what. As I said, most divisions look pretty good. Division 4 needs the most attention but there are still open slots in all divisions. If you are interested in becoming a member of Team SNAIL, let me know (via PM) and I will get you signed up and provide any training you may need.

I will be working on this right up to race time so any additions or corrections can be made in a timely manor!


 
Practice Room open now 1:50pm est.
1472-6681-3630-4565-0149
 
April 6th, 2014 lineup
banners by @Troggy


ROUND ONE
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
(219HP / PP 408) (Sports Hard tires)
at Deep Forest
7 laps (7 minutes of qualifying)
bd7i2Bv.jpg

photo by @shmibal_GT


ROUND TWO
2000 Mazda Roadster Touring Car
(214HP / PP 471) (Racing Hard tires)

at Tsukuba Circuit
11 laps (5 minutes of qualifying)

FWa8IrH.jpg

photo by @Wolfsatz


ROUND THREE
BMW M3 CSL '03
(371HP / PP 497) (Sports Medium tires)
at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward
7 laps (7 minutes of qualifying)
CNaS1bb.jpg

photo by @KTR5​
 
Practice room open

14726118370142531334

Cancel that just disconnected from server
 
Does anyone know what font is being used in the map/car combo pictures? Is it nitpicking to say that the font is kind of ugly? Can I make my whole post out of questions?
 
I have a fresh room open and so far its stable.
1472-6399-8966-5888-3372
If any of the other half dozen rooms want to consolidate, plenty of room in here.
 
I'll contribute instead of complain.

ox35OrC.png


I used the font Calibri, bold.
 
@Oshawa-Joe...why am I on the part time section of D3? I'm preety regular. Just missed 2 weeks but came back last sunday.

@JLBowler is in charge of Promotion, Relegation and Driver Status. The status policy is here.

"Any driver who has raced in half or less of the Sunday night events available to them will be considered part time active for the following season. i.e. 1 of 2, 1 of 3, 1 of 4, 2 of 4."
 
I'll contribute instead of complain.

ox35OrC.png


I used the font Calibri, bold.
No complaining. I like that font you chose. If I don't pick a font then ill be there all night making a decision. Thanks for the feedback.

Verdana FTL
 
I can't race tonight as I need to be on the road by 4am. I will be however testing if added rigidity makes any noticeable difference on a combo I'm having a hard time with, namely the BMW and Apricot Hill. I'll post my findings if anyone is interested.
 
No complaining. I like that font you chose. If I don't pick a font then ill be there all night making a decision. Thanks for the feedback.

Verdana FTL

Verdana is an embarrassment of a font.
 
Ok SNAIL's got a little idea and want to hear from you all.

Just for curious if anyone has any ideas for a catchy slogan for SNAIL Racing.

"We are SNAIL"
"Fast & Clean"

Something along this. Anything you think of please post up. Maybe quote this and add to it.
 
I don't really find the Beamer to be a big issue, it has a nice amount of oversteer that I find somewhat easy to control. Mind you, I'm the kind of person that get goosebumps when you can get the car to 4 wheel slide all the way to the kerb...
 
You guys...

You will assimilated into the Arial Master Race :cheers:, or you will pay dearly. :mischievous:

Erm, no. There is always something better than Arial. Except for Verdana.
 
At least it's not Comic Sans.
 
Team S.N.A.I.L.
April Update​


Promotion and Relegation has been completed and as usual, there has been some movement for some of our Team members. Most of the divisions look pretty good but there are still a few key spots that need to be addressed before tonight.

If you are a member of Team SNAIL and have been moved to another division, you have been placed in your new division in the same capacity as you were before. In most cases it is a back up position if there was an existing division driver for a specific duty.

I recommend that all divisions review the roster and sort out who will cover what duties for tonight. Since we will be up against another update, it is imperative that we have everything in order so we complete the nights racing before the servers go down.

As with every month, all members should double check my work and make sure I haven't made any mistakes in regards to who is doing what. As I said, most divisions look pretty good. Division 4 needs the most attention but there are still open slots in all divisions. If you are interested in becoming a member of Team SNAIL, let me know (via PM) and I will get you signed up and provide any training you may need.

I will be working on this right up to race time so any additions or corrections can be made in a timely manor!




We still need a score keeper and data specialist for Division 4. Anyone?
 
If i can do it with my ipad I'll do data and or scorekeeper.

Is there anyway to test it?
 
Last edited:
If i can do it with my ipad I'll do data and or scorekeeper.

Is there anyway to test it?


Send @kcheeb your email address via PM and he can get you access to the docs. From there you should be able to open the Google docs to see if it works.
 
Back