◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,744,397 views
If anyone in SNAIL interested in running a 2 hour endurance tonight, i have a room opened in CMBeal's endurance club room as public. The car is Honda CR-Z touring car. Room number is 1472-6681-3286-8588-2015

After oil change, the PP is 449 and HP is 210.
 
The Seattle track would not be able to be revived if it were recreated based on what's there today, because the front straight is near a viaduct that's been torn down because it would never survive a significant earthquake. There's other areas that have changed drastically too, like where CenturyLink Field and Safeco Field now stand. It would be cool to see a new take on the Seattle course though!

If the Course Creator works with GPS as people think it will, I might have to map out some courses from downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park! Stanley park would actually be a fun course! Here's a quick 12km loop that would be lots of fun, with a bit of elevation change going up over the Lions Gate Bridge, and going up Robson St. If this could be mapped out in the game with all of the sights and landmarks, this would be gorgeous. Lots to see on this route.

https://goo.gl/maps/O85Lz
Easy peasy: call it 'Seattle, '04'!!!

I too can't wait for the track creator to map some of my favorite tears through town...! I know at least one of my work commutes would make an awesome loop...
 
@nmcp1 8 more minutes to your happy dance?

Make that 7 minutes.
 
big_grin_smiley_face_sticker-p217746367994550126envb3_400.jpg

gif-happy-dance.gif
 
Night time update:

We had a 5min penalty for fuel spill and a few other small things causing us to make an extra pit stop but our team owner has hauled us back into first in class while others had trouble.

Under red flag situation right now. Huge crash at the back side of the course, 2 cars involved and ambulance was deployed. Not sure how the drivers are but hopefully things aren't that bad. There's always this unsettling feeling in the air when things like this happen... Seems like we're going green soon though.

We are waiting for further notice at the moment and I will be in the car next.
 
@Neovre just ran the fastest lap of a 2:07.7 for his class and his team is right now 1st in class and 15th overall in the 25hr race at Thunderhill.
The commentators are talking about how well they've been running since they started 11hrs and 15mins ago.

Edit: he just ran another fast lap of a 2:07.456
 
Should be my final update before I snooze:

Fantastic second stint which was at night. Something clicked in my head after safety car restart and set me in the zone for a chain of very fast laps. Traffic thinned out and drivers I encountered were awesome in general. Roger is now in the car keeping it going. Last I checked we are 1ST IN CLASS by 4 LAPS. Safe is Fast.

Next stint is in the early morning after dawn so probably gonna cool my head and take a nap.
Thanks for your support so far guys! Peace out.

P.S. @goofytyler I did a 2:06.70 too :cheers:
20141206_231135_HDR.jpg
 
CKC%20Logo%20GIF.gif


MULTI-DIVISIONAL PRACTICE
only for cool kids!

Shorten Versions for More Races
At Your Club Lobby!!!​

I spotted some early snails practicing at 0730 this morning!

Into the Sun by W0lfsatz

Snail Druids by W0lfsatz

Cooper Straight by SnailRacing.Org

Pilgrim's Drop by W0lfsatz

Dingle Dell by SnailRacing.Org

Brands Hatch TbongX by W0lfsatzTBongX holds on for 3rd by W0lfsatz @TBongX

The Wolf Stalking the Pray by W0lfsatz



Hailwood Hill the chase continues by W0lfsatz

Clearways by W0lfsatz

Heated by the Sun by W0lfsatz @turnupdaheat


Paddock Hill by SnailRacing.Org

RedNose by W0lfsatz

@Rednose58
The Wolf at Brabham Straight by W0lfsatz[/USER]
 
Last edited:
Hi is there a race tonight? And can I join in?
GTP: Fakegangstadie
Psn: cam_from_nj

:cheers:
 
HAPPY HOUR UPDATE!
20141207_070113_HDR.jpg

Just got out of the car. Took 3 and a half hour sleep and woke up around 4am. I wasn't due in the car in till 7am but next thing I heard was," Edgar we need you in the car." I later found out when I stepped out of my car, the car in 2nd place triple stinted their fastest driver. It was a rush but the pit stop went smoothly, barely. Lap times weren't great due to the tire you see here after my stint.
20141207_070039_HDR.jpg

It's 4 stints old and I had plenty of drifting and snapping going on. But we kept our 1st and I was still gaining on the next driver in the second place car until I came in for driver change. My stints are done presumably. Staying on standby if something happens now.

GO RJ RACING! (And SNAIL RACING) lol
 
Hi is there a race tonight? And can I join in?
GTP: Fakegangstadie
Psn: cam_from_nj

:cheers:

@FakeGangstaDIE

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!​

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the SNAIL OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.


4. SNAIL Administrators will reach out to you via a GT Planet conversation with further instructions on joining the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game. To find your assigned room on Sunday please follow the steps below:
  1. Go to Community, from the GT6 My Home screen.
  2. Select Clubs
  3. Select SNAIL [Spec] Racing
  4. Select Club Lobby (on left) not Club Events
  5. Find your division room #, select it and join.
5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:
 
Ok just finished the registration just waiting on my pm. Would I be able to race today, or should I just wait til next week?
 
Thx everyone for the help... ive seen that page before but i didnt pay attention to the many links on top.... tought it was just about shells...!!??!?!?.

Have fun tonight ill be there and also maybe a lil late as usual. Ill warm up on the highway back home in winter conditions muhahahahaha! IIIIIIIISSSSHHHHHCRRRRRRRRSHHHHHHK!
 
race is getting close for @Neovre fighting for 1st in class by less than a lap now. But the team is now 12th overall
 
Can I race tonight?

View the active drivers list, which @JLBowler posted 3 posts before you did and see if you're listed. If not, then read this part of that post.

"If you are an inactive member of SNAIL (if you're not on this list and have raced with us previously, you are inactive) and wish to return to active status, you will need to PM @JLBowler and I will get you placed in a division. This must be done before 23:59 ET on Saturday night if you wish to race on Sunday."
 
The Director's Document is updated and ready for entering the scores tonight.

@Dragonwhisky I think you can put this thing away now.....

View attachment 269131
Oh? I can can I?

Let me just go have a peek and see if I need to keep it handy or not. :mischievous::p

Looks good! No newb stick smack for you this week! :lol::sly:;):cheers:
 
Back