◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
20s9jdd.jpg
You gave me like no time to submit banner pics....lol

I really hope I'll be able to race this Sunday... past weekends have been way too busy even for me hahaha

You gave me like no time to submit banner pics....lol

u can still pm some pics from the other combos
with a template like this its very easy to modify it,
actually i just have to drop a image in there, lol
when you do pics just make sure there is enough room on the left side

These banners are so cool! A+
Agreed! In fact, I've been playing around with the format of the lineup post and I'd like everyone's opinion on the new look. Instead of deleting the July 20th banners now that we're done with the lineup, I've retained the banners in a greyed out box (just like when you "quote" a post). The hyperlink to the results is below the date, similar to the old format, and you can access the full lineup for July 20th if you simply click on it so that it expands. Also, since I can't turn the name of the cars and tracks into hyperlinks to the post in which they were selected, I've converted each banner into a hyperlink to the selection post. I kinda like how these beautiful banners would be retained as they make the entire post look nicer IMO. Please let me know what you guys think!

Wow, that is a classy banner
52877270.jpg

(I had to do this considering how many of "memes" have been posted on the thread today :lol:)​

Agreed! In fact, I've been playing around with the format of the lineup post and I'd like everyone's opinion on the new look. Instead of deleting the July 20th banners now that we're done with the lineup, I've retained the banners in a greyed out box (just like when you "quote" a post). The hyperlink to the results is below the date, similar to the old format, and you can access the full lineup for July 20th if you simply click on it so that it expands. Also, since I can't turn the name of the cars and tracks into hyperlinks to the post in which they were selected, I've converted each banner into a hyperlink to the selection post. I kinda like how these beautiful banners would be retained as they make the entire post look nicer IMO. Please let me know what you guys think!

52877270.jpg

(I had to do this considering how many of "memes" have been posted on the thread today :lol:)​

we should then create a variation of the combo that remains in the new lineup so its less confusing with the old lineup
like this:

jt2clt.jpg

also i think the lineups that are behind us could be black and white
and when you click on them there should be a post with the colored version of it including the quote where it got selected under it

mic5fn.jpg

2qn15wm.jpg

2qxpxxl.jpg

takes 1 extra step but thats just my opinion

this is one thing that would be alot quicker with a website as you could sort of "automate" that process
like have it only show the first 3 pics as colored and the rest in greyscale
so when you add 3 new pics the old ones will automaticly turn grey etc ...

Last edited:

52877270.jpg

So AWSOME, I do like when @Pizzle13 has two cars in the shot though, it simply adds to the excitement!

So AWSOME, I do like when @Pizzle13 has two cars in the shot though, it simply adds to the excitement!

i actually tried to do that in the new shots too
wanted to race versus AI as it is the quickest way but it always puts diffrent cars
when you guys have practice sessions for the combos you guys should take some pics and PM it over
i cant always join the practice sessions because of the time diffrence,
im already happy when i make it to the races at 3:30 in the morning lol

even if it would be possible with the A.I,
its much cooler when the 2 or more cars pictured belong to the league racers
and their color combinations

if you guys want to make pics and submit them to me for the banners just make sure
that there is enough room on the left part of the picture and the car/s should be right
like on these pictures:

Twin Ring Motegi - Östl. Kurzstrecke_4.jpg Twin Ring Motegi - Östl. Kurzstrecke_5.jpg Twin Ring Motegi - Östl. Kurzstrecke_6.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_6.jpg Grand Valley Speedway_8.jpg Grand Valley Speedway_9.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the new banners, they look very professional!

A suggestion to consider.... How about we add the date of the race in the banner? 6 Months from now we going to look at the gray banners and wonder when did we run those?

I really like the new banners, they look very professional!

A suggestion to consider.... How about we add the date of the race in the banner? 6 Months from now we going to look at the gray banners and wonder when did we run those?
It could also be a reference to prize winners.

You got to be careful not to go over the top with the info on the banners. You can get to the point where its too much and it starts to lose the classy/professional look about them.

I agree but you could possibly squeeze the date under the Snail logo.

we should then create a variation of the combo that remains in the new lineup so its less confusing with the old lineup
like this:

jt2clt.jpg
Personally, I think it's better to have the banner remain the same if the combo isn't changed. An integral part of our format is that the combo that got the least number of elimination votes remains on the lineup, and seeing the same banner is an easy visual reference to see which of the three combos is the carryover from the previous week.

also i think the lineups that are behind us could be black and white
and when you click on them there should be a post with the colored version of it including the quote where it got selected under it

mic5fn.jpg

2qn15wm.jpg

2qxpxxl.jpg

takes 1 extra step but thats just my opinion
I'm not really a fan of the black and white banners. It's not that they don't look cool, but the color versions are way better. Also, I go back to my previous comment about making it easy to tell which combo is the carryover from the previous week. The black and white versions really change the entire look of the banner so the easy reference no longer exists.

this is one thing that would be alot quicker with a website as you could sort of "automate" that process
like have it only show the first 3 pics as colored and the rest in greyscale
so when you add 3 new pics the old ones will automaticly turn grey etc ...
I admit that I'm much more in favor of your greyscale idea if it were automated as it would require less updated to the lineup post. We've been working on our own website for a while, but the development has stalled a bit. With that in mind, I'd like to take you up on your previous offer to help with the website if you are still willing.

guys i want to join your snail league. please help me, give me some information about that

@Ayhancan1998

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

@Ayhancan1998

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

i cant open
S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test
i dont know what i need to do

Gtacademy no point for me because of my country is not avaible. I dont do much laps. Just 1st round i try to do good time and im 16 i think. Not sure but im really excited about that SNAIL racing if i can join. Hope i can be at D1

Not sure if you've thought of this, but SNAIL Sunday races will be starting at 4:30 in your morning.

i know but its not problem. im student and we have holiday for 2 month. i use my phone alarm and get up at 4.30. its not problem for me
That is some dedication. You might want to consider getting up a bit earlier so you can enter the lobby and if there are any problems they can be ironed out prior to the start time.

Where is he from? Can't see his flag on the phone app

Istanbul Turkey.

Back