Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Biebs74

Biebs74

I used to live in Bradenton, I would definitely get together with you guys if I was still down there. I do miss the warm weather and living so close to the beach, but the traffic not so much. Florida was just a bit too busy for my personal tastes, although I think I will move back there once I retire. Maybe I'll get one of those houses built next to a runway or in one of those golf cart communities, lol.

reigninblood and JoeW like this.
  2. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Nice thing is it is only available on the App Store.

3. Falango

Falango

That stretch just north and just south of Lions bay is tons of fun. Been through there at the same speed plenty of times, and its a blast! The 60 limit (yep, 60kmh) through town sucks.

RobbiefromBC likes this.
  4. IceWarden

IceWarden

Where else was it available? I have it on my IPad mini.

5. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Yeah I have it on my iPhone and I read it was only available on iTunes/App Store.

JoeW likes this.
  6. reigninblood

reigninblood

I'm planning on being back there by dec. I also have a truck and a car trailer for smuggling purposes lol.

Biebs74 and JoeW like this.
  7. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I have the Beyond The Apex GT6 book in pdf. It's 45mb but I can probably upload it to somewhere I guess.

8. IceWarden

IceWarden

The app has that book in it.

9. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Not sure how easy it is for anyone without an iphone or ipad to get the pdf. I can send a link to anyone wanting it

Biebs74 and Rockhound18 like this.
  10. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Could you actually send it to my email (jakobsmith1999@yahoo.com) I want it for my Windows Surface.

11. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Nicktune, 88GTA, Wardenclyffe and 2 others like this.
  12. nmcp1

nmcp1

Oshawa-Joe likes this.
  13. aerolite

aerolite

PRIZE C SELECTION

NURBURGRING GP/F TO GO WITH THE FREEZE ON THE GTI.

I think this track suits the car well and will be a good challenge. Track hasn't been used since March 9. I just wish I was going to be here to race on it :(

Biebs74, SHOCKY_WELL, chatva and 8 others like this.
  14. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Gosh I love that track... Good choice man.

chatva likes this.
  15. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

Ditto!!!!

16. Rockhound18

Rockhound18 Premium

Awesome, I was thinking of sending Prize A there... not a problem though, I have other ideas! :cheers:

Speaking of which... any suggestions for track? I've already got some cars in mind... but that's a secret for now.

chatva and zer05ive like this.
  17. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Look at this, SNAIL combo history, and choose something that matches your car well, allows plenty of room for passing, and hasn't been used over and over again.

zer05ive likes this.
  18. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

Haven't done Matterhorn in a while, or city tracks, those are always fun. Maybe one of the silverstone variations could be used or even the red bull ring short track. Some of the fake tracks like autumn ring, and deep forest haven't been used in a while either

goofytyler likes this.
  19. Rockhound18

Rockhound18 Premium

Don't worry, I spent a good hour or so reading up last night looking for good track ideas. Cars wise, also doing my best to avoid anything similar to what's been done.

Autumn Ring... hmmmmm. Aside from the RB Jr, it's been quite a while. :D

dangerzone641 likes this.
  20. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

If you're gonna pick autumn ring, gotta make sure it's small and nifty around the tight track

Rockhound18 likes this.
  21. GTP_Patrick1

GTP_Patrick1

As for original tracks, I like Grand Valley and Trial Mountain in the reverse configuration. They have a very nice flow to them.

LLOYDZELITE69 likes this.
  22. DRIVE_ANGRY

DRIVE_ANGRY

Don't know if this is the proper place to ask to join S.N.A.I.L hope it is anyways I'll try it

PSN-----WHIPLASH_FOOL79
    GTPLANET-----DRIVE_ANGRY

CoachMK21, zer05ive and goofytyler like this.
  23. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

That sounded great until you said Trial Mountain ;)

GTP_Patrick1 likes this.
  24. nmcp1

nmcp1

@DRIVE_ANGRY

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  25. Falango

Falango

Haha, agreed though. Trial Mtn reverse doesnt really have good flow if you ask me. I much prefer the regular way round over it.

26. LLOYDZELITE69

LLOYDZELITE69 Premium

I hate Trial Mountain all around, my least favourite track in the game :p

27. Mike Lobban

Mike Lobban

Hey folks, I seem to be back. New ps3. Had to start from scratch. I am guessing. I will have to retake the time trials. Sooooooo, i am requesting to rejoin.

zer05ive and Oshawa-Joe like this.
  28. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Looks to me like you're still on the active list. Check here for which division you're in now though. After you've done that, check here for who you should be adding to your Friends List, so you can race Sundays.

29. Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous

Beyond the apex and a cool nurse kept me occupied when I got my appendix removed. The app is a plethora of information and almost any downtime I have while out and about (and alone) will go to reading the app.

Trippin'...

30. Mike Lobban

Mike Lobban

Thanks DW. I'll check it out tomorrow.