◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
I looked at those last night also. We all just made mistakes racing him, but he made a few as well. I beat him in one of the races and he raced me hard, but no more than all the other guys from all the divisions when we practice or when I'm racing in one of the other series.

I agree with VSfit. MCA, you are completely welcome in our division! Don't feel we are trying to get you promoted out, you're an asset to our group. I really enjoyed having you in our races last night because you drive fast, considerate, respectful, and clean. Sometimes it takes a few nights for a noob to get comfortable but you're a pro out of the gate.

Great job racing last night, and I'll be practicing more so I can come for you. :mischievous:

Is my beloved Corvette gonna stick around a little longer, I hope so.
I don't know what it is, I'm not very competitive in the other combos...but for some reason me and that monster just click together.
Like to give a shout out to my knew division mates also. Had a good time last night.👍

Just saw amateur footage of the Bianchi crash. Im amazed hes alive. Cant watch it again though, its tough to see

Some of my French colleagues showed it to me this morning. I was also amazed he wasn't killed instantly. All I could think was that the impact must have been less direct and more glancing - I also didn't feel the need to look anymore closely than seeing it once off. I agree it's tough to watch.

Ok, for all you Miata freaks, I have available the Rebirth of the Sports Car in the new MX-5 Miata book
by Jack K. Yamaguchi and Jonathan Thompson. Comes packed with engineering, renderings and history.
2 book compilation. Good luck!

miata book 004.JPG
G

Attachments

• miata book 002.JPG
    miata book 002.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
You get a dispensation for notifying. Sorry for not attending to the permissions earlier. Been busy.

Looks like someone already added you there. Here is the link for the folder.

You must be logged into the google account under the email address you provided when you registered your TT with SNAIL

How about a kickstater to Get SNAILs to Le Mans;)
I wonder what @GumballCGT's plans are? Perhaps Le Mans in the next couple of years? Maybe in Nissan's LMP1?
HINT: Go to https://www.facebook.com/NickMcMillen.Racing and scroll down to @GumballCGT's September 20th post. While you're there, click that 👍 Like button at the top of the page. :)

Speaking of which, I have some exciting news about the packages that we put together to fund out sponsorship of Nick this season. All sponsors will be getting an awesome upgrade to their packages and there will be some new packages made available too! More details coming in the next couple of days. :D

Last edited:
S.N.A.I.L. Color and Number Chart

This post contains the rules governing color and number choice and instructions on requesting a choice.​

While choosing a color and number combo is not required, we ask that all of our races to do so. This is done for a number of reasons. From easier driver identification to adding uniqueness in a spec race series. Here are a couple of rules, tips and instructions on submitting your choice.

The rules:
  1. The driver with a greater number of races participated in has seniority over a racer with less, giving them rights to a particular color/number.
    Tip: Have another color in mind just in case.
  2. Any color and any combo is allowed, so long as it does not match or present a hard distinction from another driver in your division.
    Tip: Look at the divisions above and below, if you or another who is looking to be promoted and they hold seniority, be prepared to switch colors.
  3. Please try not to duplicate numbers with another racer across the series.
  4. Please, enter a paint chip and not a general color. (IE, WC Mica Blue, as opposed to Blue) This will insure that we get the maxiumum amount of use of hues in any given color.

Instructions:
  1. Read the current Color/Number Chart first!
  2. First decide on a body and rim color combo.
  3. Next click HERE and fill out the form
  4. To find when your SNAIL start date. Column Y "SNAIL birth date"

The most current lists:
Sorted by Division
Sorted by Number
Sorted by GTP_ID

If you are in a different division than what is currently listed, it would be helpful to submit a new form, even if you don't change your color or number.

Special thanks to @Rallywagon for being the previous Color / Number Coordinator.

Links have been updated.

S.N.A.I.L. Color and Number Chart

I finally was able to get some time to clean up the color and number chart and update divisions. If you notice any errors, please let me know. There are many new and some old SNAILs who do not have an entry on the chart. Those people are listed below. In addition, if you now have a different color / number than is listed, please update the form by submitting a new one.

Color/Number Chart

The following are missing from the list:

D1- @A_K_AJay7, @Bryds, @dgriffin28, @Digzeh, @gtr3123, @juicybeans916, @Kgffy, @Matt Sierras, @Nicktune, @Tyler Utley, @XR_RACER_11

D2- @xACE58x

D3- @gotdirt410sp, @rockstar95, @Turbo91stdcivic, @Zspark23

D4- @RedLine73, @whatbadgerseat

D5- @IceManFan_7, @jimeez, @Madstar116, @MareckX, @Scott G

D6- @dexatron, @DMacs13, @Jayc2k, @pkenuelo

D7- @Br1mann, @brendan7_, @D1_Driver_83, @Fieldy01, @PlatinumRolex, @RustyGunzz

D8- @chickensmashr, @flesxruoyxllik, @Glowplug007, @MCA_UNITED08, @Wackeyflang

What division will get everyone on the chart first?

Number missing per division
D1- 11
D2- 1
D3- 4
D4- 2
D5- 5
D6- 4
D7- 6
D8- 5

Last edited:
@sprintr64

Was that Miata book up for auction with shells?
I'd rather the books than the t-shirt (sorry zappa) and I don't have that many $hells.
I bid 20 $hells.
Hey guys, let's wait until the auction of the GT Academy shirt is completed before starting an auction for the MX-5 book. No need to have two auctions running at the same time. There's plenty of time to go around. :)

I've been stalkery for a while but I figured it was time to sign up here at GTP join your band of merry men (or what have you).

Please explain the process?

@Dr_Strange

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hey guys, let's wait until the auction of the GT Academy shirt is completed before starting an auction for the MX-5 book. No need to have two auctions running at the same time. There's plenty of time to go around. :)
Ok, sorry Zero, just had this book for 20 sum years and knew that our community would indulge it.

Miata book offering deferred to a future date.

Back