◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
This coversation has happened many times, and we always seem to have it like every month and I can’t seem to find it so here goes.
I have a G29. Yes it’s under warranty but I don’t want to wait for them to fix my pedals issue. I’m looking into possibly a new wheel and pedals.

Lots of people are using the T300 RS GT.
I’m looking into getting the T-GT setup its a little more. Upon looking at that the price difference between that wheel and the Fanatec CSL is minimal (in my eyes).
I don’t really remember seeing people mention the T-GT much and some have the Fanatec CSL. What are your thoughts?

This coversation has happened many times, and we always seem to have it like every month and I can’t seem to find it so here goes.
I have a G29. Yes it’s under warranty but I don’t want to wait for them to fix my pedals issue. I’m looking into possibly a new wheel and pedals.

I’m looking into getting the T-GT setup its a little more. Upon looking at that the price difference between that wheel and the Fanatec CSL is minimal (in my eyes).
I don’t really remember seeing people mention the T-GT much and some have the Fanatec CSL. What are your thoughts?
Not sure if it compares or not, but I went from a G27 (with CronusMax) to my T300RS GT and it's literally night and day. I can't speak to the other brands though.

D1 is missing round 1 race 1.
D3 has no replays showing up in search results.
D5 has no replays showing up in search results.

It is almost two hours past the deadline to have this done. Please advise in the next hour the status of your replays or be declared ineligible for prizes this week.

D1 is missing round 1 race 1.
D3 has no replays showing up in search results.
D5 has no replays showing up in search results.

It is almost two hours past the deadline to have this done. Please advise in the next hour the status of your replays or be declared ineligible for prizes this week.

All replays for D1 were uploaded. Not sure why race 1 is being weird but all the others are fine?
Can I reupload in the morning?

Never used the T-GT but I have the CSL and I love it.

Ditto as racereviewer. The CSL has sooo much adjustability that you will put to good use. I don’t know about the base line pedals but the v3i are so nice, I’m still pinching myself thinking I’ll wake up to my old setup.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 10, 2019

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (91.04 for Prize A)
  2. todally_lit_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Neuttyy ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. MalevolentFather -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. SLC_VR6_V-DUB ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 77 (86.89 for Prize C)
  2. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Herimopp89 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. FordTerminator ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. RacingOtaku86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Jw_wk1010 --------- did not submit a vote
  12. HauserAspen ------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 77.2 (85.92 for prize purposes only)
  2. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. N38824jr ---------- did not submit a vote
  5. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. ItsDoubloon ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. hirnsauger69 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Rauljimenez76 ----- did not submit a vote
  11. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. NBG_Drifter_71 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 4
  1. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 85 (87.93 for Prize B)
  2. Thrash_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. TTTtothetop ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. lean_22_YT -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Stevenson44 ------- did not submit a vote
Division 5
  1. Bud__Greene ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 95 (65.52 for prize purposes only)
  2. tab1chevy --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. fulltilt479 ------- did not submit a vote
  4. TexasmostHated ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. p_oco_ ------------ did not submit a vote
  7. deathtoall01 ------ did not submit a vote
  8. FaReallionaire ---- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - MAZDA ATENZA GR.4 (SS) at Alsace - Village - 04:45 Clear (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @SAMHAIN85 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - MAZDA RX-7 GT-X (FC) 1990 (SH) at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 18:15 Clear (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @stelephant gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Grandpa Money so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Prize A:

I'd like to give thanks and donate my prize selection to @Nick Cannella & @TexasJDC. They are a big reason we are now at 5 divisions since they've brought over a number of people from their ARL Series.

They also do a great job running D4/D5 and welcome new members with open arms in showing them the ropes. Simply put, these guys make SNAIL a better place.

So put your minds together and come up with something fun for us. Post your selection before Thursday 3PM EST. Make sure to include time of day and mid div laptimes. I'll quote it and confirm its my selection for Prize A. If you guys dont post anything before the deadline I already have a combo in mind that I will post.

"Send it!"

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 10, 2019

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1

• todally_lit_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Neuttyy ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • MalevolentFather -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • SLC_VR6_V-DUB ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2

• Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Herimopp89 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • FordTerminator ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • RacingOtaku86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Jw_wk1010 --------- did not submit a vote
    • HauserAspen ------- did not submit a vote
Division 3

• Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • N38824jr ---------- did not submit a vote
    • Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • ItsDoubloon ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • hirnsauger69 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Rauljimenez76 ----- did not submit a vote
    • OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • NBG_Drifter_71 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 4

• Thrash_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TTTtothetop ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • lean_22_YT -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Stevenson44 ------- did not submit a vote
Division 5

• tab1chevy --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • fulltilt479 ------- did not submit a vote
    • TexasmostHated ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • p_oco_ ------------ did not submit a vote
    • deathtoall01 ------ did not submit a vote
    • FaReallionaire ---- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - MAZDA ATENZA GR.4 (SS) at Alsace - Village - 04:45 Clear (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @SAMHAIN85 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

Round 1 - MAZDA RX-7 GT-X (FC) 1990 (SH) at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 18:15 Clear (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @stelephant gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Grandpa Money so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines
I was looking over how adjusted points are determined. A simpler form of the equation would be: AP = xn(y/z). I had plugged the numbers in a couple times before I realized it was a complex fraction: AP = x[(y/z)/(1/n)]. If you multiple the whole thing by (n/1)/(n/1) it reduces to the simpler expression.

Prize A:

I'd like to give thanks and donate my prize selection to @Nick Cannella & @TexasJDC. They are a big reason we are now at 5 divisions since they've brought over a number of people from their ARL Series.

They also do a great job running D4/D5 and welcome new members with open arms in showing them the ropes. Simply put, these guys make SNAIL a better place.

So put your minds together and come up with something fun for us. Post your selection before Thursday 3PM EST. Make sure to include time of day and mid div laptimes. I'll quote it and confirm its my selection for Prize A. If you guys dont post anything before the deadline I already have a combo in mind that I will post.

"Send it!"
Wow, very cool gesture man thanks we wont let you guys down with a pick

Prize A:

"Send it!"
Holy cow, I am truly humbled by your kind words and the gesture Mr. @SAMHAIN85. Thank you so much.
Also, big thanks to the entire Snail community....I have learned so much in my short time in your circle. As @TexasJDC mentioned, we will try to select a good one for us all!

Last edited:
Prize B is to freeze the track.
@Grandpa Money @JLBowler

Back