◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

View attachment 813066

THE SNAIL TIME TRIALS ARE BACK!

@JamCar0ne and I have decided to bring back something that was once very popular in SNAIL: the Time Trial events - with a bit of a twist. We will no longer be doing user generated combos. Instead we'll be using the Weekly Race A combo in Sport mode. Since the Race A combo primarily uses a one-make car with tuning prohibited, it falls in line perfectly for us to use for a SNAIL event.

How to join:

Send a Friend Request to PSN ID: SNAILRACING__ORG (2 underscores)
Go into Sport Mode > Select Race A > Qualifying Time Trial
Set your fastest lap

You must send a friend request to the above PSN ID or you will not be entered into the TT.
If you dont wish to compete simply dont send a FR.

Race A lasts for one week and refreshes every Monday morning. Jam and I will be updating a google sheet with everyone's laptimes every Wednesday and Sunday night.

This is what it will look like (using some old TT data)

View attachment 813067

Theres a few people who are currently inactive on Sundays due to work or other commitments. This will give those a chance to still compete against other SNAIL's

This is the dedicated thread for the Time Trials. Good luck!
Very cool guys, thanks for putting this together.

SNAIL Endurance announcement.

Our first race tomorrow night will be the carried over combo from last night. Where I can’t post it in here just yet, please visit https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-endurance-series.377517/page-121 to see. Yes it is 40 minutes on the same combo with zero tire and fuel wear. This best Mimics the Sunday race. But 40 minutes really hones in your skills and honestly to those who think 40 minutes is too long, think about how much time you actually practice a combo...

Our second race is.... A RALLY RACE

Fisherman’s Ranch II

Alpine 110 1972
Dirt tires

Damage will be on light, sadly the pits don’t work so we are going with zero tire/fuel wear.

We hope to see you all tomorrow night.

SNAIL Endurance announcement.

Our first race tomorrow night will be the carried over combo from last night. Where I can’t post it in here just yet, please visit https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-endurance-series.377517/page-121 to see. Yes it is 40 minutes on the same combo with zero tire and fuel wear. This best Mimics the Sunday race. But 40 minutes really hones in your skills and honestly to those who think 40 minutes is too long, think about how much time you actually practice a combo...

Our second race is.... A RALLY RACE

Fisherman’s Ranch II

Alpine 110 1972
Dirt tires

Damage will be on light, sadly the pits don’t work so we are going with zero tire/fuel wear.

We hope to see you all tomorrow night.
I will be there, to claim last place in both events! :cheers::lol:

I wasnt sure if i could get in to practice, I didnt see my name on a schedule so ive been spending too much time reading and texting that i lost my attitude and gave up then i fell asleep. I just woke up as the race has been over. I just want to race!.
Below is your first post on GTPlanet. It was less than a month ago. You're claiming that you have been a member of SNAIL for almost a year (based on your comments in the D4 thread) but you have never been placed in a division. That's simply not true.

I have read the first post and would like to join referred by Mike Grove

The next post after that in the thread is one from @nmcp1 giving you instructions for how to join. You have completed none of those steps.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if when boost is on if and how much it effects tire and fuel wear?

Actually we just did a race with boost set on low in another series I am in (by accident) and with it set at 2x for fuel and tires...it made for some great racing most of the 80 mins of racing

Actually we just did a race with boost set on low in another series I am in (by accident) and with it set at 2x for fuel and tires...it made for some great racing most of the 80 mins of racing
I’m trying to see if having it on will mess with peoples strategies at all?

The shifter change is good news to me as somebody who falls pretty squarely into the "I want to have good races, and I love winning" category.
While there were plenty of good races to be had, the ever growing shifter division in D1 caused certain combo's in D1 to be split 50/50 with the non-shifter category and the shifter category.

It wasn't really fun to know I'll spend the entire race watching 5 people drive away, and racing 5 others - then have to deal with the immediate onslaught of cars passing me next race.

Ok so my T3PA-Pro pedals showed up and I have two questions....do I add the conical rubber brake mod or no? Also I am in the process of switching the pedals to the inverted position(suspended look GT/Rally style), is this the preferred way to have the pedals set up, or should I have left them floor mounted (F1 Style)?
Any help from those running these pedals, is much appreciated.

Ok so my T3PA-Pro pedals showed up and I have two questions....do I add the conical rubber brake mod or no? Also I am in the process of switching the pedals to the inverted position(suspended look GT/Rally style), is this the preferred way to have the pedals set up, or should I have left them floor mounted (F1 Style)?
Really it’s all preference. There are fast guys on DS4. There are fast guys with inverted pedals. And there are fast guys with the f1 style. Personally I inverted mine and I like the feel. To me, inverted allows me to “game” longer.

Really it’s all preference. There are fast guys on DS4. There are fast guys with inverted pedals. And there are fast guys with the f1 style. Personally I inverted mine and I like the feel. To me, inverted allows me to “game” longer.
Ok so when I turned my foot plate and tried to put the screws back in with the entire set turned 180 degrees, the screws go right threw the holes....the manual says to just screw them into the threads on the arch, but the holes arent threaded....any ideas?

Ok so when I turned my foot plate and tried to put the screws back in with the entire set turned 180 degrees, the screws go right threw the holes....the manual says to just screw them into the threads on the arch, but the holes arent threaded....any ideas?
@src_ej6 dont you have these pedals?@SAMHAIN85 same question to you.

Anybody else have these pedals?

Ok I did get that part figured....now final question.....this brake mod thing, is it worth it or should I just leave it?

SNAILData Logo.png
Scores for April 7 have been pushed to Data

Ok I did get that part figured....now final question.....this brake mod thing, is it worth it or should I just leave it?

Congrats on the Pro pedals - youll love them. What did you upgrade from?

Personally I have left mine with the stock brake and have kept it in the F1 style configuration since I got them. I have been thinking about maybe trying the GT style and looking into a brake mod. @Oshawa-Joe seems to have some experience with some of the brake mods for the pro pedals. The ones I've seen come in different colors that offer a different range of stiffness. Enjoy!

@DublDee the stock black conical brake mod works great if you take time to adjust the gap to the pedal and find a sweet spot that works for you.

I have tried a few mods. The Richmotech load cell is expensive but worth every penny. Because load cell progression!

The bbj conical brake mods are close to the feel of a load cell. I have a brand new yellow and blue you can have if you want. I'd start off with the blue.

Tonight the SNAIL Endurance Series will racing at the following combos:

Race #1
Car:
Chevrolet Corvette C7 (Gr. 3)
Track: Fuji International Speedway (Short)
Laps: 28
Tires: RH
Fuel/Tire Wear: Off

Race #2
Car:
Alpine A110 '72
Track: Fisherman's Ranch II @ 19:00
Laps: 11
Tire Compounds: Dirt
Fuel/Tire Wear: Off (pits don't work at this track)
Damage: Light (pits don't work at this track)

If you'd like to join in at 9:00 EST, head over to our dedicated thread.

I have my eye on a local seller who's selling T3PA-Pro & the T500rs - he wants $600 for them both, thinking of trying to haggle him down a little, they're used - but I'm on a budget lol.

What did you pay for your pedals? And what wheel are you using?

I was thinking of getting a TGT, but I don't think I can justify the absurd cost of the wheel and then having to upgrade the pedals later.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on April 7, 2019

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (78.46 for prize purposes only)
  2. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Neuttyy ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. SLC_VR6_V-DUB ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. Herimopp89 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 90 (102.28 for Prize B)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Jw_wk1010 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Krusty9rs --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Nascarcory -------- did not submit a vote
  11. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. RacingOtaku86 ----- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. Bologna_Duc ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 83 (104.47 for Prize A)
  2. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Mully465 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. WyldOne_1976 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Rogue_Clone ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. hirnsauger69 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 4
  1. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (83.08 for Prize C)
  2. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Bud__Greene ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. GurtelPR ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. TTTtothetop ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5
  1. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (67.69 for prize purposes only)
  2. TexasmostHated ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. NBG_Drifter_71 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. xMicr0zx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. diggypow ---------- did not submit a vote
  8. Ryan23Kirk23 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - MAZDA 787B 1991 (RM) at Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 15:00 Cloudy (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Bologna_Duc wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - MCLAREN 650S GT3 2015 (RH) at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix - 16:30 Clear (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Herimopp89 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Fudman420 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

View media item 2540Race Date: April 7, 2019
Currently tracking 6 Incident Reports
We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.
The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.
:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​
The IR Submission Form is now closed.

The first and second prize winners, @Bologna_Duc and @Herimopp89 are clear to make their selections. The remaining prize winner has an IR filed against them that the stewards will need to review. A conversation will be started in the next couple of minutes for all potential prize winners that will contain instructions and deadlines.

Been thinking about a possible combo for a bit. Heading off to the track for testing:

View attachment 813340

Running a few hot laps in the cool California desert:

View attachment 813343

@JLBowler @Rednose58

Prize A selection:
Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II @ Dusk, 21:00 Clear
BMW M3 Sport Evolution 1989, N200
234HP, 2646lb
200,000 Cr
Tires: SH
Lap: 1:26 (no brake balance)
Thanks for including the race room specs in your post.

Edit: And I've finished my review of the six incidents filed this week.

Back