Track - Algarve

Group A - KTM Xbow GT4
ktm-xbow-gt4-jpeg.727361

Group B - Caterham SP/300.R
caterham-sp300-r-jpeg.727360

Last edited:
And what are you trying to say about the combo's when you're here :irked: :D
You still being bothered by your back?
My back is better, but I’ll be on the I5 heading home from California this Monday. Last Monday I was getting the car ready for the California race!

I visited EXR folks in Vegas yesterday to try out the Ferrari 488 and the Porsche 911 GT3 RS

My lap times were not blistering, but I had a blast. It is a little challenging to learn a track while you have never been in a fast car and you have 5 or 7 laps to do it in. Just as you start to get the hang of it and get the feel where you can push, it's over. Actually I got to the point where I can feel the driving aids are slowing me down.

But, after all is said and done.... PCars 2 and GTS sucks in comparison with real life.... Those cars have 10 times more grip that what it feels like in the games. Maybe the driver aids were contributing to the stability, but I could not throw a car around in the games like I did on the the track.

I had one scary moment ln the Ferrari though when I approached turn 1 and when I lifted of the gas to press the brake for turn 1, my shoe got stuck under the brake pedal and I ran a bit off track - luckily not into the sand pit. The instructor was a bit scared. Luckily he has a brake pedal on his side. (My initial plan was to drive with left foot braking, but the pedals are too close to each other and too far over to the right, which makes it impossible if you have no 13 shoes)

The Porsche was slower on the straights, but faster in the corners for an overall faster lap time. I went first in the Ferrari. I had more fun in the Ferrari, but I think the instructor was in the Ferrari was better.

If anyone of you plan to visit them, I'll be happy to give a few tips.

(I may post this in the other forums too, so be patient if you see this more than once)

Made it to Willows California around 8pm last night. Left home with my two bosses around 6am and partied the whole way there lol

Woke up with a headache, wonder why...

My car is still in Medford Oregon with my mom and dad, so they should arrive at the track around 10am, just in time to do some Friday practice laps in the beautiful California rain! Tomorrow’s race might be wet, here’s to hoping! :mischievous::mischievous:

Made it to Willows California around 8pm last night. Left home with my two bosses around 6am and partied the whole way there lol

Woke up with a headache, wonder why...

My car is still in Medford Oregon with my mom and dad, so they should arrive at the track around 10am, just in time to do some Friday practice laps in the beautiful California rain! Tomorrow’s race might be wet, here’s to hoping! :mischievous::mischievous:

Good luck in the race!
Water... not just for racing but for partying. Looooots of water. Drink at least a pint before starting and about a pint every other drink. That and eating something goes a long way to preventing the next-day blues. Plus, don't drink crap, drink the good stuff...
Thus ends this weeks debauchery lesson...

On a sad note today. Condolences to the Humbolt Bronco junior hockey team who lost 15 members in a tragic bus crash in Saskatchewan last evening. It's very close to home for our favorite Bear.
Another sad note. Jonathon Pitre also passed away at the age of 17. Most, if not all of you have never heard of him, but if you want to see the definition of a fighter, Google this kid, he is also known as the Butterfly child. RIP champ, you were a hero to me.

Wow, sad news. I hate to see kids suffer or have their lives cut short. These stories make you cherish the time you have with family and friends all the more. Never know when everything you care about can be lost.
Yep it is a tragedy. Spent many hours on buses when I coached. Driving in snowstorms in the middle of nowhere. Feel so sorry for the parents and families of the coaching staff and the billets that treated the kids like their own.

On a sad note today. Condolences to the Humbolt Bronco junior hockey team who lost 15 members in a tragic bus crash in Saskatchewan last evening. It's very close to home for our favorite Bear.
Another sad note. Jonathon Pitre also passed away at the age of 17. Most, if not all of you have never heard of him, but if you want to see the definition of a fighter, Google this kid, he is also known as the Butterfly child. RIP champ, you were a hero to me.
Shocked the hell out of everyone, Black cloud over the province today. Spent many hours behind the wheel of the tour bus for my sons band. Back when they were teens. Never even imagined anything like that happening.

Monday 9th April 2018 race night.
Track: Algarve.
How many laps total?....

.........Tick tock tick tock.....

Get cracking.

Shocked the hell out of everyone, Black cloud over the province today. Spent many hours behind the wheel of the tour bus for my sons band. Back when they were teens. Never even imagined anything like that happening.
I see you’re about an hour and a half away Bear, that is close to home and especially as all the teams travel around I’m sure they probably came close to Langham. Very sad. I was watching Sports Centre after the Masters today and the female anchor was reading the names of the deceased along with all their pictures and she lost it. Was hard to watch.

I'll appreciate an invite for tonight. I'm back from my road trip

upload_2018-4-9_12-9-50.png

Car: MB C300 Convertible
Cruising speed was usually between 70 - 85 mph depending on the road and conditions
Average cost per liter (Canadian equivalent) : $1.12 per liter (91 Octane)
Current Canadian price in Edmonton Area : $1.37 per liter (91 Octane)

You muricans have cheap gas...

We’re above 1.37/L for regular 87 here in Vancouver... 100 unleaded race fuel was 5$/gal!
When I had my FF, I would go to the local airfield and buy avgas for $1.50 a gallon (1990 prices) compared to ''racing fuel" for $4/ gallon .

@Rob Brown - I think you can only do it when other people are online.
I bettered your TT last night by .3, so yeah, let me try it and see if it helps! :cheers: (lighting the fuse and running)

Last edited:
Last edited:
:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

All races 16 Laps in Summer. Both groups start 18 Liters fuel.
Race 1 - 10:00 - Dry
Race 2 - 12:00 - Rain
Race 3 - 14:00 - Dry

Track Algarve

Group A - KTM XBow
Group B - Caterham 300

Invite list for tonight:
Group A
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@HammyMansell
@Rednose58
@RobbiefromBC
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@Xradkins

Group B
@Mike Lobban
@aerolite
@Alex ONeill
@davidt33
@dret7277
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Rob Brown
@McTrucker
@yogi bear

Hi all, sorry that i haven't been able to let you know, but i can't make tonight, i've had problems with my internet all weekend (That's why i couldn't get on GTP to advise you) and still continuing today!! Sorry fellas!!

The next 2 Mondays (18th and 23rd) i'm busy, but i hope to be around much more regularly from May time onwards!

Enjoy tonight's racing antics everyone!! ;) Sorry again!

Hi all, sorry that i haven't been able to let you know, but i can't make tonight, i've had problems with my internet all weekend (That's why i couldn't get on GTP to advise you) and still continuing today!! Sorry fellas!!

The next 2 Mondays (18th and 23rd) i'm busy, but i hope to be around much more regularly from May time onwards!

Enjoy tonight's racing antics everyone!! ;) Sorry again!
No worries, just let us know when you can. I'll keep your name on the inactive list for now. Cheers.

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

All races 16 Laps in Summer. Both groups start 18 Liters fuel.
Race 1 - 10:00 - Dry
Race 2 - 12:00 - Rain
Race 3 - 14:00 - Dry

Track Algarve

Group A - KTM XBow
Group B - Caterham 300

Invite list for tonight:
Group A
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@Rednose58
@RobbiefromBC
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@Xradkins

Group B
@Mike Lobban
@aerolite
@Alex ONeill
@davidt33
@dret7277
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Rob Brown
@McTrucker
@yogi bear
I am not going to make it tonight. I have to take my dog to the vet.

Sorry fellas, can’t make it tonight. Long story short: buyers backed out at the last minute. We have a showing tonight during race time.

Back