◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
Glad to hear it's not only me. Man I've tried various speed navigation....taking it reasonably aggressive, cautiously babying and in-between....and even dropping acceleration reasonably enough before cornering to try and coast round the corner...trail-braking I think it's called.
Trail braking would be applying the brakes past the corner's turn in, and sometimes right up to the apex. Generally, depending on the car, I try to get my braking done in a straight line. I haven't practiced the combo yet, but I think this is a car that doesn't respond well to trail braking. I'll jump on later tonight and see.

Trail braking would be applying the brakes past the corner's turn in, and sometimes right up to the apex. Generally, depending on the car, I try to get my braking done in a straight line. I haven't practiced the combo yet, but I think this is a car that doesn't respond well to trail braking. I'll jump on later tonight and see.

I guess "Trail braking" was the wrong descriptive I was using then. What I was referring to was braking sufficiently on straight before the corner to lower speed and more coast into the corner then reapplying acceleration on exiting.

Question: Re "At Nurburgring (GP, Sprint, Sprint Short)" as listed tracks. Isn't GP the shortest Nurburgring track? (Looks the same as in the map image). What's the "Sprint" and "Sprint Short" about? Not seeing those.

One more thing. Since we will be racing in two separate rooms this Monday how do we know whose invitation to accept to avoid ending up in the wrong room/lobby? That's a possibility I think. I'm assuming I'll be looking out for an invitation from Aero or Lobban since we are in the same division but suppose some guys get invites or from others in our league and join the wrong group/room?

Don't be confusing any of these with the Nordschleife. The Nurburgring GP is the racetrack separate form the Nord. The Sprint and Sprint short are the two other variants. When you are looking at the track map under Nurburgring, you have to highlight the maps on the right and scroll down, then you will see the other two. (there's actually three more, but the little club circuit is to small with no pits).

I will be posting the invite details tomorrow, but you will only get an invite from the person hosting the division you are in, so that will be Mike. SGETI will be hosting Div 1 and only sending invites to them.

Sorry for the double-post but this requires a separate discussion comment.
Has anybody been putting in some practise sessions with this car (Merc-Benz 190E 2.5-16 DTM) and track (Nurburgring GP)?
Is it only me or is this car slippery as hell in the sharp corners, of which there are many, on this track? I was lucky enough to get a tune from a good/renowned tuner but lord put a hand the car is still slippery as hell navigating the corners with a penchant for oversteer/tail happy regardless. The tuner shared the same feeling. I eventually consulted with the in-game's Race Engineer who suggested adjusting Suspension/ softening the Anti-Roll Bar. The tune I got had set Anti-Roll Bar at 30. I dropped it to 25 as suggested which may have helped a bit. Still slippy I next dropped to 20....eventually now at 10N/mm. Though issue with cornering. I know I'm not the best driver but Jeeezus Christ it's frustrating.
And it's not because of the season/weather being cold/rainy or tyres.
Season selected for Practice is "Summer". Time: "12:00". Forecast: "Clear".
Tyres are selected as "Slick"

This car is very much about throttle control. I think you have gone too far in softening up the rear anti roll bar, I went to 30 and tried 25 as well, but now I'm back to the default 40 and find it better once I adjusted my driving style. Try grabbing the stock "Loose" set up, adjust your tires to front 1.45 and rear 1.40, (you want to aim for around 1.8 bar when they are warm), get all your braking done before the corner and be careful with the throttle, you might find it not so bad. If you are coasting into the corner after braking that is going to cause you some grief. As soon as you finish braking you want to get back on the throttle to settle the car and get the rear's to bite, this is the throttle control I mentioned at the start. Just don't overdo it!

Last edited:
.......This car is very much about throttle control. I think you have gone too far in softening up the rear anti roll bar, I went to 30 and tried 25 as well, but now I'm back to the default 40 and find it better once I adjusted my driving style. Try grabbing the stock "Loose" set up, adjust your tires to front 1.45 and rear 1.40, (you want to aim for around 1.8 bar when they are warm), get all your braking done before the corner and be careful with the throttle, you might find it not so bad. If you are coasting into the corner after braking that is going to cause you some grief. As soon as you finish braking you want to get back on the throttle to settle the car and get the rear's to bite, this is the throttle control I mentioned at the start. Just don't overdo it!

Thanks. I'll have another go again tomorrow evening before practise session with some adjustments and see how it goes but whole weekend since Saturday including Sunday I tell you this car and track has been driving me friggin crazy with frustration with those bloody corners and the car spinning out when I thought it should not be. Not the first time I've driven on this track so it's not exactly unfamiliar. But this rounds, don't know if it's Pcars2 bug with car or track or what but it feels like i"m driving with Comforts instead of Slicks. I'm so frustrated with it, if it wasn't the first time we were doing the separate two divisions thing that I was looking forward to participating in I wouldn't even bother to race tomorrow Monday with this particular car and track.

I'd just like to throw a suggestion out there... This whole Summer Default is kind of a bummer. The new tire model is not what Project Cars 1 was, and tires are greasy on the hot track. In PCars 1, summer gave the best grip. But that's not the case anymore. Maybe we should look at other seasons, even if we just change it up week to week. Believe me, I'm all for increased traction, but the new tire model isn't what it used to be. Hot, summer, sunny tracks are not good for traction anymore. You'll get way more grip from soft tires on a 55 degree track than you will hard tires on a 135 degree track. Just something to consider.

I'd just like to throw a suggestion out there... This whole Summer Default is kind of a bummer. The new tire model is not what Project Cars 1 was, and tires are greasy on the hot track. In PCars 1, summer gave the best grip. But that's not the case anymore. Maybe we should look at other seasons, even if we just change it up week to week. Believe me, I'm all for increased traction, but the new tire model isn't what it used to be. Hot, summer, sunny tracks are not good for traction anymore. You'll get way more grip from soft tires on a 55 degree track than you will hard tires on a 135 degree track. Just something to consider.

Something is really messed up I feel. It's like hit or miss with some cars, tracks, tyres, traction, weather, whatever in Pcars2 from launch date to currently. A lot of people have been complaining about various bugs experienced at different times. May very well be the case in this situation I dunno. That's why I've been holding off on playing the game more waiting on this next patch that's supposed to be coming sometime soon hoping a lot of these bugs people experiencing would be ironed out.

Last edited:
Great combo for tonight, freakin love it! Car's a bit of a handful like many are stating but if we stay patient and give others room this should turn out to be another good night of racing. Hoping the D1 room fills to at least 8, 9ish...

If for any reason there is not more than 16 will we go back to having just one room tonight? Although I do love competition and I get that in leagues.... I joined the Lobanaro Lounge to be able to race with some friends I don't get to race with much and now we are in separate rooms. Not saying I won't enjoy what we have now.....just won't be the same for me

If for any reason there is not more than 16 will we go back to having just one room tonight? Although I do love competition and I get that in leagues.... I joined the Lobanaro Lounge to be able to race with some friends I don't get to race with much and now we are in separate rooms. Not saying I won't enjoy what we have now.....just won't be the same for me

The rooms would grow bro doe dig. As it stood, interested racers were being turned away even though they entered the room keen on racing only to be told they had to give way, leave or whatever, which could have been not very encouraging to them though on the face of it politely agreeing.

I’m driving home from South Dakota, so depending on traffic I might miss the first race. Please give my spot to someone if I’m not on right after the first invites go out. If there’s room (and I’m back in Denver) I’ll try to jump in a later race. I love those Gruppe A Cars, especially the Mercedes. Have fun!

It does seem that lately we have been running summer at noon more often than not. We used to do an early, mid, and later in the day scenario. Will have to get back to doing that. I agree the really hot track temps are a real pain. Thanks for pointing this out Jeff.

So not to recapitulate, see my post one page back (Report #679).
We wouldn't know until just before race time the numbers, and even then it would be a hassle to get everything reset for one room, i.e. ranking positions ect. So no, it's two rooms tonight.
And btw Camel, I was playing around with Trial Fusion on the weekend, and whose name was I always chasing at the top of my friends rankings, :banghead: :D

Having a hard time understand your post David. I think you may have misunderstood mine. I understand why there will be two rooms......I'm just curious if there is times that both rooms don't equal up to 16 people.....we would go back to one room for that night

Aero it's been years since I played that....pretty cool game from what I remember. I got the game one winter to have something to play with my son at the time.

Having a hard time understand your post David. I think you may have misunderstood mine. I understand why there will be two rooms......I'm just curious if there is times that both rooms don't equal up to 16 people.....we would go back to one room for that night

No because with the rankings and everything already laid out for 2 rooms like @aerolite stated, tonight will def be 2 rooms regardless. Like I said I hope we can at least pull 8-9 in the D1 room!!

Good luck with this. I wont be there tonight. I have two other series I need to focus on, and a cool custom bike project. Mostly, you guys are starting to early for me to get across town in time for the first race. I will never make it into the the top group that way. However, it has been a hoot listening to the chatter.

Good luck with this. I wont be there tonight. I have two other series I need to focus on, and a cool custom bike project. Mostly, you guys are starting to early for me to get across town in time for the first race. I will never make it into the the top group that way. However, it has been a hoot listening to the chatter.
Ok, I'll move you to the inactive list. If you ever want to race just let us now a few hours before and we'll get an invite to you.

As I posted on the previous page, we are going to two rooms tonight.

*The format will change slightly as well. The 45 minutes before the race will now be qualifying, and Race 1 will be a standing start based on the qualy results. Race 2 & 3 will still be reverse order rolling starts (the same 10 min practice between races).

If you are in Div 1, you will be getting an invite from SGETI. He will be the big cheese there tonight so treat him well! I also need someone to record the scores and get them to me at the end of the night, please and thank you! (send them to me in a pm or on PSN).

All races to start with max 20 liters.
ABS comes with this car, so have a button mapped for it.

Race 1
Nurburgring GP - 14 laps
Start- 09:00 -light cloud - Sept 1
Estimated total fuel - 40 liters

Race 2
Sprint - 18 laps
Start- 12:00 -light cloud - Sept 1
Estimated total fuel - 36 liters

Race 3
Sprint Short - 20 laps
Start- 16:00 -light cloud - Sept 1
Estimated total fuel - 34 liters

Div 1
@The__Camel
@RobbiefromBC
@mphile77
@SAMHAIN85
@Awaffle14
@CB_racer
@SGETI
@Rednose58
@mexxifrieboy

Div 2
@Mike Lobban
@Zii1993
@aerolite
@sgohsixthree
@McTrucker
@yogi bear
@Gr8_Lakes
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@davidt33

*Any new drivers or inactive drivers who want to race, need to notify us in this thread no later than Monday's at 6 pm est.

Looks like im out for tonight gang :(, i hate that I voted and all but 100% wont make it, hate when sh:censored:t pops up on me last minute, surry surry surry. Hope you guys have fun :cheers:

Hey @Mike Lobban and @aerolite remember me? It's been a long time my friends.
I've been thinking about joining your merry band of misfits if that suits you all ok.
Quite frankly I've been grinding away at GTS for awhile now and it's just not floatn' my boat to be honest with you.
Can't guite place it but it's missing that spark. Maybe it will get better with more variety and once they get the online issues sorted out.
Meanwhile I grabbed a copy of PC2 and I guess we'll see how that goes.
Anywho, we might see ya all on track soon. Save some sheep for me....:crazy: :cheers:

I've been thinking about joining your merry band of misfits if that suits you all ok.
Quite frankly I've been grinding away at GTS for awhile now and it's just not floatn' my boat to be honest with you.
Can't guite place it but it's missing that spark. Maybe it will get better with more variety and once they get the online issues sorted out.
Anywho, we might see ya all on track soon. Save some sheep for me....:crazy: :cheers:
Paddy, how could we ever forget you!! So glad to hear from you. I still keep an eye on the main SNAIL thread (Mike does too), so we kinda keep track of what’s going on.
We would love nothing more than to have you join us, it would be great. Really good bunch of guys here, you know more than a few of them, and you would fit right in! Let us know as soon as you’re ready. Look forward to being on track with you again!
:cheers:

Hi Paddy, great to see ya!
I've felt the same as far as GTS not floatin' my boat, so here I am. I'd really like to enjoy some close raicing with you again. C'mon in brother, the water's fine...and so is the whisky....

Well I guess we can't call last night a total success. Murphy's law rose it's head as the first week we decide to go to two divisions, I believe 14 people total showed up. Unfortunately, it seems things didn't work out as well for D1 as D2. I spoke with a few of the D1 guys after the race last night and the night was definitely not as fun for them.
It was a different story in D2, though there were just 7 of us, I believe all had someone to battle with for a good portion of the night, and the racing was fun and clean. Lots of laughs, I think Lehmen was laughing so much at one point he couldn't see!

Congrats to Camel and Zii for their overall wins!

Wk33-Nov 20 Results D1.JPG

Wk33-Nov 20 Results D2.JPG

......It was a different story in D2, though there were just 7 of us, I believe all had someone to battle with for a good portion of the night, and the racing was fun and clean. Lots of laughs, I think Lehmen was laughing so much at one point he couldn't see!

Yup, gotta admit we sure had a blast in Division 2 last night. All in all we had some good racing last night considering how hard it was to race in that slippery devil car and tracks with evil corners to boot and most of all we had great fun and lots of camaraderie.

Sorry guys, furnace wasn't kicking on last night, so I had to get the tools out. By the time I got it running it was past 10:00, and I was beat.

Well I guess we can't call last night a total success. Murphy's law rose it's head as the first week we decide to go to two divisions, I believe 14 people total showed up. Unfortunately, it seems things didn't work out as well for D1 as D2. I spoke with a few of the D1 guys after the race last night and the night was definitely not as fun for them.
It was a different story in D2, though there were just 7 of us, I believe all had someone to battle with for a good portion of the night, and the racing was fun and clean. Lots of laughs, I think Lehmen was laughing so much at one point he couldn't see!

Congrats to Camel and Zii for their overall wins!

View attachment 693028

View attachment 693029
Yeah, I was laughing too hard, I missed my braking point on the straight, that's why I glanced off your rear quarter as I went to play in the kitty litter.

Sorry I missed the race because that’s a great car & track combination. Coming back from South Dakota and as we were driving south past Cheyenne, Wyoming on I25 they closed the highway due to high winds. It was a lot of fun dodging tractor trailers and RVs tipping over in 60-80 mph gusts. Luckily all the practice I have in turn 1 at the start of a race on Project Cars prepared me for the carnage! XD

Sorry I missed the race because that’s a great car & track combination. Coming back from South Dakota and as we were driving south past Cheyenne, Wyoming on I25 they closed the highway due to high winds. It was a lot of fun dodging tractor trailers and RVs tipping over in 60-80 mph gusts. Luckily all the practice I have in turn 1 at the start of a race on Project Cars prepared me for the carnage! XD
:lol:
Glad you had a safe trip - good thing you got the practice, because there was none to be had Monday. Very clean and fun. Except the humor - that was dirty and hilarious. We missed your humor, but just ask David about Asian..uh.. entertainers...
Unfortunately I missed SRM today, I was busy passing my 6 month checkride. I celebrated with Ta-kill-ya and some Lotus 72 laps at COTA. What a gorgeous piece of machinery, both in looks and motion. The sound it just fantastic and it's a joy to drive. Thank you SMS!

Back