◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
The movers are will be here to pack up our stuff starting tomorrow, so I’ve got to disassemble my sim rig. I’ll probably be back online in June. Have fun and talk to you guys later. See y’all later, partner (that’s about as much Texan I know).
Good luck with the move and the search for a new place. We will miss your demented addition to the lounge, see you back here soon.
Too bad your move wasn't a little earlier, you could be sitting a COTA right now watching MotoGP!
:cheers:

Mike, Nick and myself, got treated to some kart racing today by Scott, a good friend of ours. We did the Super Grand Prix which was 5 min qualy and a 40 min race. Man we were beat after that, was pretty funny watching us get out of the karts at the end, a track worker had to help Lobban out of his :lol: Track was really fun, 1/4 mile long.

Just get ready to hear the bragging that will be coming from Lobban, yes, he won. Nick got the fastest time.

1st - Lobban - 83 laps - best time -26.558
2nd - Aero - 82 laps (spun and got stuck) -best time - 26.895
3rd - Nick - 81 laps (had to pit and grab another Kart, his seat came unlocked) - best time - 26.407
4th - Scott - 80 laps - best time - 27.629
Track record is 24.5xx and most of the staff are in the mid 25's, guy said 26's are very fast for newbie's!

View attachment 731257

Nick(dret7277), Aero, Lobban
View attachment 731256

Yup, Lobban saying something crude!
View attachment 731255

^ This, my friends, is why you never see women at the Go Kart track.... :lol:

The movers are will be here to pack up our stuff starting tomorrow, so I’ve got to disassemble my sim rig. I’ll probably be back online in June. Have fun and talk to you guys later. See y’all later, partner (that’s about as much Texan I know).

Aw man....
Well, have a safe move! We'll keep a garage open for ya...

Well it was 8 weeks ago when last at RA and it certainly won’t be clear all night this week, so you can just etransfer me that twenny!

And to the rest:

I’m liking this little friendly TT competition we have going, six of us in there, but Alex, get yer butt out of our car and go play in your MkIV, lol.
If any of you are not friends with Nick(dret7277), he’s done a 2:25.720, the only one in the 25’s.

And if any A guys are getting some practice in, can you please send me some lap times and fuel usage, save me having to go out in the car, thanks.
Any other A guys get better than 2:20??

Aero has a 26 at Road America B class. I am 4 seconds off that pace in time trial mode. Won’t be very competitive much less bawesome

Aero has a 26 at Road America B class. I am 4 seconds off that pace in time trial mode. Won’t be very competitive much less bawesome
Rob, not being friends with Nick means you don’t see his time, 24.959 and Shaun beat my time by 2 tenths.
The TT has been fun this week, but as usual, the racing will be quite a bit different!

edit: Nick dropped into the 24's. That's it, off to A you go next week :D

Last edited:
I was able to manage a 2:26.7 in TT, but not sure it saved. In practice I was able to squeeze a 2:25.5 or .6. I took a screenshot, but not familiar with how to post it on the PSN network (Like I said earlier I'm coming from the Xbox so I am not to familiar with how the capture system works on the PS4). But I also did not check the longevity of my set up on a run and I set my car up on the practice tab not multiplayer tab. On the Xbox there always seemed to be a difference from practice to multiplayer. The setup was usually always off from either the practice to multiplayer or multiplayer to practice. Not sure if it is the same on the PS4 at it is on Xbox.

I read the front page, but I do have a question. Not sure about tonight, but in future monday's I may have to take my daughter to soccer practice. Practice starts at 7 and ends around 8. If I miss qualy is there still a chance to be able to get in the room for the race by 8:45? It may not be an issue. I would definitely be able to make the second and third race if it does happen.

If I miss qualy is there still a chance to be able to get in the room for the race by 8:45? It may not be an issue. I would definitely be able to make the second and third race if it does happen.
To make the first race you would need to join the lobby while qualy is still in progress. I'm not sure how close to the end of qualy you can get before the game will not allow you in, all you can do is try. (maybe someone here knows the exact time). Once qualy ends it goes to the race and you can't get in.
If you do miss race 1 your invite should still work so you can join immediately after race 1 finishes. If you have a problem with the invite, then message me through PSN as that's the only way I will see it, as it comes up on my screen and I get an alert on my phone. I do not check this thread during the racing.

To make the first race you would need to join the lobby while qualy is still in progress. I'm not sure how close to the end of qualy you can get before the game will not allow you in, all you can do is try. (maybe someone here knows the exact time). Once qualy ends it goes to the race and you can't get in.
If you do miss race 1 your invite should still work so you can join immediately after race 1 finishes. If you have a problem with the invite, then message me through PSN as that's the only way I will see it, as it comes up on my screen and I get an alert on my phone. I do not check this thread during the racing.
OK thanks.

:gtpflag: Race Day :gtpflag:

Thanks again to @Gr8_Lakes for his combo choice.

Road America - Summer
Group A - Ford MkIV
Group B - Ford Mustang RTR
Both groups max starting fuel = 25 litre's

Race 1 - 09:00 - Heavy Cloud
Race 2 - 18:00 - Fog/Fog with Rain/Thunderstorm/Clear
Race 3 - 14:00 - Clear

Tonight's invite list:

Group A
@Alex ONeill
@CB_racer
@coltsjugg
@Rednose58
@RobbiefromBC
@SAMHAIN85
@SGETI
@yogi bear
@Zii1993

Group B
@Mike Lobban
@aerolite
@davidt33
@dret7277
@Gr8_Lakes
@GTLehman
@Rob Brown
@sgohsixthree
@2pfspiff

Note: The only combo we have left to run from the long standing members choice's is Mcinnis's, however, we are going to wait until he is able to stay the entire night with us before we run his. So next week you will be back to whatever us two BOB's decide to come up with. Remember, we are always open to suggestion's, so pm us if you have an idea for a good combo.

Last edited:
Any other A guys get better than 2:20??

I saw @Alex ONeill has a 2:18.4xx in time trial - stock tune (I think). I have a 2:17.xxx in TT and ran 2:19s - 2:22s in free practice mode - some tuning.

Brakes don't work when they are hot.... open up those ducts and brake early.
Don't over drive the car - smooth and easy is the best way. Maybe eat a Lobbanmuffin before the race to calm you down.

@2pfspiff , I'm pretty sure that around the 3 minute mark is when you have to join by. Any time I've had a 2:xx, I've been unable to join the race. I usually post a live stream to the race on this thread, so that would be a good way to keep up if you miss the first race. We usually have about 10-15 minutes between races so Mike can reset the conditions, we can go have a pee, etc. Sounds like you have some good pace, you should fit right in. We race pretty darn clean outside of the occasional Whoops. We're all guilty of an occasional missed brake point, late corner entry, etc. But aggression is just not prevalent. We'd much rather race side by side for multiple laps than take somebody out to gain a position. I'm sure you'll enjoy the racing. I will warn about the language though. If you're not using headphones you may want to warn the rest of the family that some of the humor isn't always PG. All in good taste though, I assure you :rolleyes:.

Going to miss you @GUTTERBOY3007 , but good luck with and exciting move. Hope it all goes smoothly. See ya'll on track tonight.

@2pfspiff , I'm pretty sure that around the 3 minute mark is when you have to join by. Any time I've had a 2:xx, I've been unable to join the race. I usually post a live stream to the race on this thread, so that would be a good way to keep up if you miss the first race. We usually have about 10-15 minutes between races so Mike can reset the conditions, we can go have a pee, etc. Sounds like you have some good pace, you should fit right in. We race pretty darn clean outside of the occasional Whoops. We're all guilty of an occasional missed brake point, late corner entry, etc. But aggression is just not prevalent. We'd much rather race side by side for multiple laps than take somebody out to gain a position. I'm sure you'll enjoy the racing. I will warn about the language though. If you're not using headphones you may want to warn the rest of the family that some of the humor isn't always PG. All in good taste though, I assure you :rolleyes:.

Going to miss you @GUTTERBOY3007 , but good luck with and exciting move. Hope it all goes smoothly. See ya'll on track tonight.

All in good taste??? Cmon, who're you kidding, we're the trailer trash of Snail.

Hey Spif, if you can guarantee that you will be there by 8:45, I will stretch out the 45 min qualy to 50 min, that will give you just enough time to get in. I won't hold up the room more than that tho.

My bwoadcast will be muted foe the benefit of all the owiental women who wote into complain that my makin luv gwoan wasn't weal enough, plus I hate the sound of my voice.

See ya tonight.....Wankers.

Last edited:
:gtpflag: Results :gtpflag:

Great combo Jeff and so cool that you get the overall B win as well, good to have you back!
Race 2 certainly was a good challenge for all.
My apologies in the last race, I slowed and turned all in a split second to avoid a slow starting car in front of me and shot way off to the left hitting Nick, didn't even realize I was doing that at the time, it was just a reaction I guess. Then whoever was behind me had to take evasive action as well and they went left into you Mike. I'm pretty sure I let all by me.
Like I mentioned a few posts ago, we have now run all the anniversary combo's, thanks again guy's, they were all great. We still have to run Mcinnis's but will wait until he can do a whole night with us. It was nice to have a break from figuring out combo's, but Mike and I will still try our best to keep you entertained. See you next week.

Congrats to @SGETI, this weeks "Mr. Awesome" for the Group A win :cheers:
Congrats to @Gr8_Lakes, this weeks "Mr. Baawesome" for the Group B win :cheers:

wk53-april-23-2018-results-jpg.731916

With the drive through penalty in the second race, I thought I was out of contention. Whoo Hooo!!!!

Ughh... Now that I look back at the third race replay , You were swerving to get around me at the start. I was struggling to get off the line all night. In practice I could slip the clutch, but it just wasn't working tonight in the races. I do apologize for starting slow, it wasn't intentional. But I'm not giving back my win - :P.

Last edited:
Great race last night. I haven't had that much fun with this game since never. On the Xbox your lucky if you can even get 8 players racing without any issue. I am looking forward to next week. Will have to tell the wife that she is in charge of Monday night soccer. Congrats to the winners. I will see if I can load up some replays form the saved file in Pcars 2 later.

I will warn about the language though. If you're not using headphones you may want to warn the rest of the family that some of the humor isn't always PG. All in good taste though, I assure you :rolleyes:.

As far as language is concerned I am prior service and I work in an oil refinery on the East coast. You didn't even come close to my cringe factor last night. Again great time last night.

Interesting night for sure...at least I was a consistent fifth all night. Good combo GR8.
Looks like Bear fit right into the fast crowd.......well done my furry friend.
Spiff....you will fit right in,.
Dastardly move by Aero at the start of race 3, but, knowing he caused that wreck, he pulled over and let everyone affected get by him. That was right after he told us all to be careful at the start. Still a class act to wait, this is what we are all aboot.
Rednose, I have never seen you struggle so much with a combo, what were you drinking?
Next week will be interesting if I can talk Steve into running it, but for now, it's a secret.

Thanks guys for supporting and showing up every week.

As far as language is concerned I am prior service and I work in an oil refinery on the East coast. You didn't even come close to my cringe factor last night.
Just wait till you meet GutterBoy :lol:

Great racing last night. Congrats to SGETI he was on a completely different level than everyone else in A. And nice to see Bear moving up in class and still rocking it. Bummed to see cb_racer having issues after R1, we had a good finish. Great combos Jeff

I had one of my worst PCars crashes ever last night. It was all thanks to SGETI chomping at the bit behind me for the lead forcing me into a mistake. SGETI was nice enough to stop his car and flip me off my lid, costing him a good 20 seconds. Had he not he would've swept the night with 3 golds. Well done SGETI thanks again. See you guys again in a few weeks

Last edited:
Yup, another reason the group here is so good, Sgeti sacrificing another win to help out a fellow stricken racer that he wanted to keep battling with. :bowdown: 👍

A reminder to those that might not be aware, there is a reset button that can be mapped so you can use it if you end up on your roof, or completely stuck and can't move. Those are the only two instances when it can be used. We know that no one here would ever use it to get back on the track after an off! You wouldn't want the wrath of a BOB coming down on you :scared: :D

Just wait till you meet GutterBoy :lol:

Great racing last night. Congrats to SGETI he was on a completely different level than everyone else in A. And nice to see Bear moving up in class and still rocking it. Bummed to see cb_racer having issues after R1, we had a good finish. Great combos Jeff

I had one of my worst PCars crashes ever last night. It was all thanks to SGETI chomping at the bit behind me for the lead forcing me into a mistake. SGETI was nice enough to stop his car and flip me off my lid, costing him a good 20 seconds. Had he not he would've swept the night with 3 golds. Well done SGETI thanks again. See you guys again in a few weeks

Yeah Sam, bummer man...:ouch: At quali on the second race my car was spinning in in every turn, completely different from prior race. I thought maybe I exit and rejoin and it will be better. Couldn't get back in, even tough I had enough time, the JOIN button would say WAITING. Anyways, it happens...

Really enjoyed our last laps on race 1, too bad you spun there otherwise it would be close till the finish line.

@SGETI is really on a roll!!! It's getting really hard to match your pace.

Glad to hear y'all had great racing last night. Me? Not so much....Except for the last race with clear weather.
What a catastrophe. Let me tell you what happened. To begin with my headphone was dropping sound/communication intermittently so I couldn't communicate with y'all. I didn't know if y'all could hear me....plus of course it would go silent which was no good while on track either. Secondly the car was driving a bit strange in practice/qualification though the setup used pre-race day session carried over....same name and all. As I was reviewing my setup just before rase start as I usually do I happened to take note of the gears. They were all out of whack including gears 2, 3 and 4 reading the same number (1.something). So weird. Fortunately I was able to pull up the screenshot of the setup used to refer to the gears I had input and saved and reapplied....again saving. This would hold then but lo and behold when I rechecked later in-between races it was out of whack again. Must be some bug I dunno. Have any of y'all experienced this?

Anyway regarding the wireless headphones I switched it off to get sound coming through at least the TV. So that was that. Thank God though Crew Chief was working.

Then came race 1. Going about my merry way, some overly ambitious person, don't know who it was, bum smashed me off the track like nobody's business into a wall. The bonnet crumpled up obscuring vision of the track. Thank God for the green corner lines being my only clue for then cornering. It was quite a chore. Thought about dropping out but like a good soldier I persevered. I was very glad for that race to finish.

Then came race 2...Fog...Fog with rain...Thunderstorm...Clear. That was a hot mess. Hey Aero and Lobbie, the car doesn't have wet tyres. It not make for rain far more thunderstorm. No enjoyment there whatsoever with that devil rain and devil puddles. Thought about dropping out during that race. That was another race I was glad to have finished.

Race 3...the saving grace. Weather clear: 14:00. Now that was a good race on weather suitable for the equippable tyres. That was decent and enjoyable.

Verdict:
Pro: Nice car and track combo.
Con: Terrible weather conditions for race 2.

EDIT: BTW, very nice Sgetti for helping out the other racer as you did. Cheers.

Back