◆ SNAIL [THE LOBANARO LOUNGE] No longer runningPS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 7,567 comments
I was hoping for the Clio as well. I love that car. These old lotus’s though :crazy: why?!?!? I can’t stand these p.o.s.’s!!! Damn you BOBs

Don't be a pussy Z, everyone is going to mess up sooner or later. I like the Clios too....anywhere, but,we like to throw some curve balls from time to time to keep the Lounge fresh and to keep you Wankers on your toes. I am anticipating the laughter at other people's expense, which is and always has been our main goal........ If you are in it to win, just drive accordingly, stay out of trouble and don't push the car past it's or your limits. Good luck with that.

Mr. Baaaawesome out.

I'll be sitting out this one so somebody else could slot in because I'm such a generous fella.
Looking forward to seeing the replay of the wreck fest though. That should be a hoot.

I'm almost in tears at the idea of missing this weeks event. I always love when there's an added element of realism. And these cars are crazy fun - on any track. Unfortunately, as of now my back's not cooperating. Therapy seems to be aggravating the problem more than helping. So I'm kind of doubtful for Monday night. But if things swing for the positive, I'll definitely be in for this event. Sounds like a blast. Fingers crossed.

I'm almost in tears at the idea of missing this weeks event. I always love when there's an added element of realism. And these cars are crazy fun - on any track. Unfortunately, as of now my back's not cooperating. Therapy seems to be aggravating the problem more than helping. So I'm kind of doubtful for Monday night. But if things swing for the positive, I'll definitely be in for this event. Sounds like a blast. Fingers crossed.
So sorry about your back bro. I can't imagine how aggravating that must be. Hope you get some relief soon.
Lord amighty between your bad back, Aero bad head and Old Bear bad shoulder we worry bout you guys.

Thanks David, it's been a rocky road. Aggravating is a very good word - along with frustrating. I get pain spells, but usually they don't last more than a week or so. This one's been going on for about six weeks :yuck:. I start to think it's getting a little better, just to have another set back. So, I'm handling it with kid gloves for now. And that means no racing unfortunately:nervous:. Hopefully I'll be on the mend soon.

So sorry about your back bro. I can't imagine how aggravating that must be. Hope you get some relief soon.
Lord amighty between your bad back, Aero bad head and Old Bear bad shoulder we worry bout you guys.
I'm healed up now... just took time...takes longer as we age I guess.
David you should really take part in the races... I'm betting if you stay off the walls you will not be last.. ..it's also good experience

May the 4th be with you.

Also i was doing a couple laps with sgeti (Where did you come up with 2 seconds out of nowhere? Plus what you added to that)

The damage isn't too bad, you can get away with hitting the walls if they're little mistakes, and even a bit of damage doesn't do much anyway.
The chicane after the tunnel is stupid, I was getting penalties for seemingly touching it.
Alonso is smart.

Last edited:
I'd better stay home tomorrow, because with this luck Daenerys Targerian will be knocking on my door...
5cecbbb92e119d696be6b124032a16cf.gif

Heres our preview of Monday... all class.

Time to put out big boy panties on chaps: Senna in '89 (full damage on).

Great Sat morning coffee watching that. Brings back scattered memories of going to see Grand Prix at the theatre not long after coming to Canada, I remember it more because dad gave me a "Corgi" F1 Lotus toy when we got home. My parents took me to the British GP at Brands in '64 and Silverstone in '65 but I don't remember that at all, however, I'm sure it helped give me my life long love affair with F1. After coming to Canada, we went to the first Cdn GP at Mosport in '67 but I don't remember that either. I do have some faint memories of the '69 event at Mosport though, mostly the sound and the smell of all things, and apparently at one point I was standing within a few feet of Jacki Stewart.
That is why I think it is so amazing that we can hop in these classic race cars and drive around this huge selection of race tracks sitting in our rigs in our homes. We tend to forget what we have today. I just can't fathom in my mind how anyone can think these cars are a p.o.s.

Great Sat morning coffee watching that. Brings back scattered memories of going to see Grand Prix at the theatre not long after coming to Canada, I remember it more because dad gave me a "Corgi" F1 Lotus toy when we got home. My parents took me to the British GP at Brands in '64 and Silverstone in '65 but I don't remember that at all, however, I'm sure it helped give me my life long love affair with F1. After coming to Canada, we went to the first Cdn GP at Mosport in '67 but I don't remember that either. I do have some faint memories of the '69 event at Mosport though, mostly the sound and the smell of all things, and apparently at one point I was standing within a few feet of Jacki Stewart.
That is why I think it is so amazing that we can hop in these classic race cars and drive around this huge selection of race tracks sitting in our rigs in our homes. We tend to forget what we have today. I just can't fathom in my mind how anyone can think these cars are a p.o.s.
I saw my first can-am race in 68, brand new speedway at Edmonton. At that time they were a bigger deal than formula 1. Met Mark Donahue, Bruce Mclaren, Denny Hulme. Nice guys, took a few minutes to talk to an11yr old.
Too bad every one of them died on the track, Bruce and Mark testing. And Denny, of a heart attack behind the wheel at Bathurst. He got the car safely to the side of the track before he expired.
If anyone thinks the old formula cars are a p.o.s....I wonder what they will think of the Porsche 917??.
The old cars take more skill to drive in my opinion.

I was hoping for the Clio as well. I love that car. These old lotus’s though :crazy: why?!?!? I can’t stand these p.o.s.’s!!! Damn you BOBs
You young whippersnappers don't know a POS from a hole in the ground. I see the BoBs on board have already handed you crap about it!
One of the things I never liked about GT ( and I only started with GT5) was the lack of 'real' and classic race cars, especially formula cars. All they had was the Ferrari F1 car. It was a fun game, but those of use who love classic racing are thrilled with PCars because it actually offers these historic cars, and they actually feel like they should - the way a race car should feel. Whereas GT just never offered that kind of feel and accuracy.

Does anyone in Group A have a setup that helps on turn in? The front is pushing really bad.
Try lowering the front ride height a bit, and/or making the front toe-in another -1 or -2 degrees. If that isn't enough try softening the front anti-roll bar. These things helped the 49C, so give them a try.

I so agree with this. The sim-racing available to us today is just unbelievable, or at least I never believed it would be possible - especially as affordable as it. The fact that these games are running on a console is awesome. Twenty years ago I would've thought a computer system and rig like I have would cost tens of thousands of dollars. And I frankly wouldn't have believed that multiplayer racing (outside of being in the same facility and hardwired together) would ever be possible.

My current back situation has allowed me to realize just how much I've become addicted to sim-racing. Missing out on Monday nights, just when I thought I'd be getting back to racing regularly, and not even being able to jump in my rig and run some laps in my favorite cars, has gotten me into a bit of a funky depression. This really has become one of life's most favorite hobbies for me. I tried my son's Forza Motorsport 7 with the controller to see if I could just "get my fix." But it's no comparison anymore.

I'm sure this Monday's event is going to be great. Smooth, clean driving will afford the best finishes. (I think you could shine here David). I'm quite sure I won't be able to attend, as I'm still struggling to do life's day to day activities. I'm 99% sure this is short term, and I'll be feeling better eventually. I'm looking forward to getting back to it as soon as I can. Until then, have fun, and try to keep the shiny side up on Monday night.

@Gr8_Lakes
Yea, not worth it to push the back trying things too soon. We miss ya for sure, but we aren't going anywhere and before you know it, you'll be back here adding to the banter once more. Wishing you quick healing my friend, :cheers:

On a different note, tomorrows MotoGP should be another stellar race in Jerez, the top 12 are covered by just 0.8 seconds! :bowdown:

I so agree with this. The sim-racing available to us today is just unbelievable, or at least I never believed it would be possible - especially as affordable as it. The fact that these games are running on a console is awesome. Twenty years ago I would've thought a computer system and rig like I have would cost tens of thousands of dollars. And I frankly wouldn't have believed that multiplayer racing (outside of being in the same facility and hardwired together) would ever be possible.

My current back situation has allowed me to realize just how much I've become addicted to sim-racing. Missing out on Monday nights, just when I thought I'd be getting back to racing regularly, and not even being able to jump in my rig and run some laps in my favorite cars, has gotten me into a bit of a funky depression. This really has become one of life's most favorite hobbies for me. I tried my son's Forza Motorsport 7 with the controller to see if I could just "get my fix." But it's no comparison anymore.

I'm sure this Monday's event is going to be great. Smooth, clean driving will afford the best finishes. (I think you could shine here David). I'm quite sure I won't be able to attend, as I'm still struggling to do life's day to day activities. I'm 99% sure this is short term, and I'll be feeling better eventually. I'm looking forward to getting back to it as soon as I can. Until then, have fun, and try to keep the shiny side up on Monday night.
Everybody misses you, wog included, but health is more important. Like aero said, not worth getting back in too soon.

Did a few quick practice laps at Long Beach and Azure. At LB it was actually quite a blast and not too difficult to keep it from the walls and still keep some momentum. At Azure, however, it is a different story. In traffic.... well, all I can say is that @SGETI will be in his element, as I can see a lot of $h1t happening.....:lol:

Back