◆ SNAIL [Touring Car] Series - Closed - Many thanks for the support over the past 4 seasons!

Do you plan to get Project Cars?

• Yes - Have it now

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Yes - If Logitec wheels get supported

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Yes - Within the next month

• Yes - Eventually (3-6 Months)

• Maybe - Still undecided at this point

• No - No Plans to get it in the next 3-6 Months

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No - Not interested in the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Washington
GrimGrnninGhost
15880632079_1a812e1f5d_c.jpg

Tuesday Nights @ 9:00PM

Lobby opens at 8:30PM
All times listed below are Eastern

Special thanks to @brntguy for the video!

Open to Everyone!

Welcome to the SNAIL Tuesday Night “Touring Car” Series. The goal of the series is to provide an enjoyable and competitive night of racing using only stock Touring Cars on some of the best tracks GT6 has to offer. We will only use “Touring Cars” that allow driver numbers to be added/modified and that can be painted. Each night will consist of three 25 minute races (each requiring and pit stop tire compound change) as part of a 4 week season. Although strongly encouraged, you do not need to be a SNAIL driver to participate and is open to all clean and respectful drivers.

Series Founder - GrimGrnninGhost
Series Co-Directors - GrimGrnninGhost & zii1993
Hosts - Zii1993 (Primary) Wardenclyffe & Grim (backup)
Advisory Council – GrimGrnninGhost, brntguy, Wardenclyffe, zii1993
Chief Steward - zii1993
Race Stewards - brntguy, Wardenclyffe, vovik05

Chief Test Engineer - Wardenclyffe
Series
Testers - Wardenclyffe , CAPECOD104
Scorekeeper - GrimGrnninGhost
Statistician - GrimGrnninGhost
Replay Uploader - Wardenclyffe
Series Photographers - CAPECOD104
Series Videographer - BrntGuy

16939865869_7db2ef73c1_c.jpg

All cars are to remain stock except for required Oil Change and Brake Balance & Front/Rear Torque Split (4WD Only and if installed from dealership) adjustments (if desired)
Must use both Racing Hard & Racing Soft tire compounds during the race. No other tire compound will be allowed. Using wrong tire compound will result in a DQ.

16549886264_9922e693db_c.jpg

16964898227_63a223d092_c.jpg

16071380115_c4da809e37_c.jpg

Race Format

• Three - 25 minute timed races.
  • 5 minute break between races.
  • Series will use a slightly modified BTCC race format
    • Grid position for first race determined by 6 minute qualifying season prior to the start of race one.
    • Grid position for second race determined by finishing position from race one.
    • Grid position for third race determined by reverse finishing position from race two.
  • Do not leave the lobby between races. Should you leave or be disconnected and come back in between races, you will need to fall to the back of the field SAFELY prior to turn #1.
  • All competitors must complete a minimum of 1 pit stop and tire compound change per each race
  • Drivers coming off and on pit road always stay on the correct side of the pit road line (DO NOT cross the solid line).
  • All races will be run under clear weather conditions (no rain) however some races may be at night (refer to schedule for specifics).
  • If you get disconnected or decide to quit during a race you will get a DNF and finish last.
  • If more than one person quits or gets disconnected during a race, your finishing position will be determined by the number of laps completed.

Eligible Drivers
  • Although encouraged, you do not need to be a SNAIL driver to participate.
  • zii1993 must post pictures of his completed rig before he can race
  • Current Top 10 drivers are potentially (see Knock-Out Qualifying for specifics) locked into the Main Events (Main Event Qualification and Main Event Races).
  • Prior to 8:00pm on race night:
    • All current top 10 drivers, Recent Series Champion and Grim must have confirmed in the official GTPlanet thread (this one) that they intend to race.
    • Simple post of “I plan to race this week” will meet this requirement.
    • Grim will track these and update the anticipated starting grid accordingly.
    • Any top 10 driver and recent Series Champion that fails to do the above by 8:00pm on race night and wants to race in the Main Event will need to earn their spot on the grid by participating the Knock-Out Qualifying.

Application Procedure
  • GTPlanet ID
  • PSN ID
  • Racing Number – Refer to Driver List below (Active & Retired Drivers) for Available Numbers.
  • Car Color - Body and Wheel colors (paint chip name) you plan to use.
  • By submitting your application you agree to the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) along with following The Good Racecraft Guide.
  • Only Complete driver applications per the above will be accepted for securing a spot in the series

Knock-Out Qualifying
  • Each week, a KOQ Time Trial is set up for the upcoming weeks race
  • You can find the KOQ Time Trial in the Club Section
  • The KOQ Time Trial will be open from 11:00pm eastern on Tuesday and will close at 11:00pm eastern on Monday
    • Once you are in the KOQ Time Trial, when you're ready, click the black & white (not yellow) start race flag and drive around until the timer expires and let the game take you back to the room lobby.
    • If you leave before the time expires, your time will not be recorded
  • If you are not one of the confirmed top 10 drivers locked into the next weeks race, you will need to record an official time in the KOQ Time Trial Event
  • You can submit as many times as you want
  • I will track the times and provide daily updates using the below format
  • Host must start the KOQ Time Trial just like any other race to record an official time
  • All Active TCS Drivers are welcome to submit times (even if they are in the top 10)
  • Top 10 driver times will not count towards KOQ once they confirm that they will be racing that week
  • I will track who has confirmed and update the sheet accordingly
  • All top ten drivers MUST confirm participation by 11:00pm eastern on SUNDAY!
    • This is to allow me to lock in how many spots are open
  • Sunday evening, I will post the the final results.
  • On race night, I will open the lobby to all main event drivers @ around 8:30pm eastern.
    • Any driver that is not in the room by 8:55pm eastern will lose their spot to the next alternate.
General Rules
  • We expect all drivers to follow the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) and pursue good racecraft at all times.
  • If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video.
  • It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the series for you.
  • "Blue Flag" expectations can be found here.
  • Retired drivers will be allowed to re-apply to Active driver status at the start of the following season based on case by case request.
  • All drivers will refrain from doing donuts, burnouts, drifting, driving backwards/reverse or any other activity that would be a distraction to other drivers on the track during all Official RCS Sanctioned Events (practice sessions, KOQ, Main Events, etc..)
  • Additionally, if you are going to park along the track edge to "watch" please make sure you are as far away from the racing surface as possible so as to no cause a distraction to other drivers.
  • In the event of an incident with other drivers during the race, do not discuss it via chat during the race. Repeat offences of this policy will result in being suspended for a minimum of 1 week.
  • Drivers are to continue to race and put their best effort the entire race night.
    • Due to the unique nature of the series and the KOQ process, this is to ensure that drivers are not left out that would have otherwise raced if given the chance
    • Of course real life situations occur from time to time as well as the random DC. This is not meant to penalize the occasional situation.
    • Continued repeat of this regulation will be managed at the discretion of the Series Director.
Tire Regulations
  • Tire Restrictions - Must use RH and RS during each race
    • No other tires allowed
    • Must use same compound on all four tires
  • Must change Tire Compounds during race (no minimum laps)
  • Must make at least 1 pit stop
  • Must start at least 1 race on each compound (Example: Race 1-RH, Race 2-RS, Race 3-RS)
    • Failure to meet this requirement will be the penalized by dropping your highest points for the night and will receive 0 point for that race

Post Race Inspections
  • Immediately following the completion of each race and before anyone is allowed to go into "Car Settings", I will call for a Post Race Inspection.
  • Everyone is to "Sign Up" so I can see what tires everyone is on as this will indicate the tire they finished the previous race with.
    • I will have already checked the starting tires when everyone is in turn 1 prior to each race.
  • Anyone found to have raced on Race Mediums will have their race disqualified.
  • Once I give the all clear, people can change their tires in preparation for the next race.
  • Anyone who goes into "Car Settings" before I give the all clear will receive a 8 pt penalty for each infraction.

Lobby Configuration

Room Privacy: Club - Club ID 1013022
Room Comment: SNAIL-Touring Car Series
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Host: Yes
Max Number of Participants: 16
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat Quality: Off
Course Settings: Refer to Schedule Above
Start Type: Grid Start w/ False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Season 4 - Very Fast
Grip Reduction: Real
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 1
Required Tire Compound Change: On
Tire Restrictions: (Must use Racing Hard and Racing Soft during race)
Nitrous: Prohibited
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS 1 allowed

Racing Incident Report
  • If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, and then file a Racing Incident Report using the below process
  • Review the replay from the race to get a fresh perspective on the incident.
  • If you still wish to submit the incident
    • Send the Chief Steward (@Zii1993) and the other driver(s) involved a PM here at GTPlanet (by 11:00pm Eastern Wednesday) respectfully detailing the incident.
    • Be sure to include the race, lap and time stamp of the incident.
    • Should the offending driver agree with the account and does not wish to dispute it (reply with this agreement in the PM), the penalty (if applicable) will be reduced in half.
    • Should the offending driver not agree with the account, respectfully state your perspective of the incident within the PM within 24 hours of receipt.
    • Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver(s) in question.

Season Selection Process

Part 1 - Car Selection
  • I will provide two or three cars to choose from (including fuel/tire ware setting to be used).
  • I will also list up to 12 potential tracks to be considered for next season (these tracks will be voted in Part 2 to determine the schedule).
  • Number of votes cast per driver will be the total of races you participated in (same as current process).
  • Drivers will have 48 hours to vote for a car.
  • Car with the most votes win.
  • In the event of a tie, the Individual Series Champion from the most recent season will break the tie.
Part 2 - Track Selection
  • Once the car has been selected, I will then put the tracks up for a vote.
  • The most recent Series Champion will get to select one of the tracks to be used from the provided list of tracks.
  • Remaining tracks will be chosen using the below process
    • Minimum of one "vote" for each track grouping (will provide minimum of 2 tracks to choose from in each grouping)
    • Number of votes cast per driver (for all four votes listed above) will be the total of races you participated in (same as today's process).
      • If you race in all 8 races, each of your votes will be worth 8 points
    • Drivers will have 48 hours to vote for the tracks.
    • The top 1 or 2 tracks in each grouping determine the track selection for the following season.
    • In the event of a tie, the Individual Series Champion from the most recent season will break the tie.

Point System

Pole Position= 1
1st = 16
2nd = 15
3rd = 14
4th = 13
5th = 12
6th = 11
7th = 10
8th = 9
9th = 8
10th = 7
11th = 6
12th = 5
13th = 4
14th = 3
15th = 2
16th = 1

Series Championship
  • All participants are eligible for the Season Championship.
  • Total points earned during the season will determine the Season Champion.
  • In case of a tie in points after the completion of a season to determine the top 10 after each week, the tie breaker will be determined by their # of wins during the season, if there is still a tie it will be broken by who had the best overall finishes.
  • Series Champion earns the right to the #1 car number for the next season.
  • Series Champion earns the right to select one of the four tracks to be used in the next season

Lobby Issue Resolution Process
  • Club Lobby will be opened (with fixed host) by GrimGrnninGhost per normal schedule
  • Those who can't see all drivers will be asked to leave lobby, reset Cache and return.
  • If still not seeing all drivers
    • Grim will close club lobby and open new public lobby (again fixed host)
    • All drivers will be asked to clear cache and return to new public lobby
    • Grim will close public lobby and Backup Host (as determined by Grim) will create new public lobby
    • All drivers will be asked to clear cache and return to new lobby
    • All drivers who can't see other drivers will be asked to exit lobby and perform full reset of modem, router, ps3 and return for race #2. This means they will miss the first race but will be awarded last place points.
The above process should help minimize the down time in working through these situations.

The change here is the room will be using fixed host settings. Although it should be better, with running it as a fixed host, we do run the risk of the fact that if I get dropped during the race, the whole room will go down with me. Thankfully this has not been an issue however, If the room crashes during a race, I will make the call on restarting the race or scrapping the race and points will be awarded based on qualifying positions. Depends on how the night is going and the time

16045543676_c67409ed94_c.jpg

Active Driver

Defined as having priority over Retired drivers in Knockout Qualifying and/or Main Event Races. At the start of each season the series will be limited to 30 Active drivers.

• New series applications will be accepted at the end of each season provided there is less than 30 Active drivers.
  • Retired drivers will need to request to be re-instated to active status prior to the start of any season.

Active Drivers - 16 Drivers
#1 - Reserved for Current Series Champion
#2 - GrimGrnninGhost
#3 - zii1993
#4 - Norml_N
#5 - ONESPACE
#11 - Parcells2
#12 - Grandpas_Money
#20 - Sjfhoe93
#21 - CAPECOD104
#26 - tapout3013
#30 - vovik05
#39 - GTP_Ph7shr
#42 - Wardenclyffe
#43 - syntorz
#69 - brntguy
#82 - cbcvabch
#91 - Euclid58

Waiting List - 0 Drivers

Retired Driver

Defined as any driver who fails to participate in either the Main Event or Knockout Qualifying for 4 consecutive weeks.
Retired drivers will need to request to be re-instated to “Active” driver status at the conclusion of the season.

Retired Drivers
#7 - GTP_Vertigo
#14 - DoublePass
#17 - WanganGhost
#22 - Ice_Warden
#24 - goofytyler1995
#36 - WestRoadZ
#49 - Kgffy28
#55 - aerolite
#66 - rkzjb04
#68 - HCfirefighter09
#72 - hognhominy
#84 - vsfit
#86 - blueninjacivic
#92 - Fallen_log
#96 - DesertPenguin09
#98 - Kendawg

For any other questions you may have, please let me know.

See you on the track!

Last edited:
your pics are always welcome I have a special folder of them in my phone I show others to highlight the night. :)👍

Assuming we don't have to use the same color/number combo as Sunday's "main" event, I'm gonna go back to French Racing Blue with #42 because life, the universe, and everything. Sorry Warden lol

I wish we could have a 0 before the numbers from 1-9, then I would obviously be #09 to go with my name.

so, all active rcs drivers get to keep their rcs numbers and warden already has 42. I will set up your default tcs color

Last edited:
It would cool to have the option though. I'm liking how matte light red looks with matte light red wheels. I don't have matte red yet. And judging by how the light red looks I think it would be too dark anyway.

Parcells is likely to partake in some of these festivities and if not at least a picture of a squirrel will start appearing next to this thread now as an indicator for me.

Since we dont have a top 10 for week 1, we will start the season with the first 10 signed up drivers being locked into the grid and will not have to go through KOQ for week #1. All other drivers will need to make it out of KOQ should we have more than 16 sign up.

Parcells is likely to partake in some of these festivities and if not at least a picture of a squirrel will start appearing next to this thread now as an indicator for me.
Awesome; it's been too long since we've had an epic battle. Also, agreed on the picture but you're wrong - it'll be a picture of a mugging dog.

Back