◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
14766702364_5007d27710_c.jpg

As Series Director, I want to make it clear around the “Blue Flag” process within this series. We do not have the benefit of a pit team that has access to the timing data to let us know who's coming up, and for some folks, who do not have the names displayed over cars, nor the driver's list cluttering up their HUD, they will likely just think someone is catching them and try to defend their position to the best of their ability. It is within their rights to do this. The lapping driver should treat every pass the same, no matter who it is and how much slower they may or may not be. So far as I know there is not a flagging system employed in the HUD in GT6 either. If there is, I (along with others) would certainly like to know where such flagging is displayed.

Slower drivers are not obliged to do anything special to allow faster drivers by. It is, and always has been, the passing driver's responsibility to pass another car contact free. There is no exception to this rule. If a car is being lapped, it is a courtesy for that driver to pull off the racing line, in a safe manner, which should usually be done after a turn before a suitably long straight, and let the lapping car go by. If the lapping car doesn't have sufficient overlap at the ahead driver's turn in, the behind driver does not have rights to the corner entry of his choice.

I don't want to get into specifics from last night in this thread however if you have questions about the above (without reference to past races), please feel free to discuss it below.

Thanks

Along the lines of Grim's post above, the following should also be considered;

A possibility exists that a lapping driver will come up on a group of cars that are battling for position and must take more than special care to get by them, as they will be attacking and defending their positions within that group and have a perfect right to do so, without regard to that driver who might be lapping them, coming up and adding to the mix.

In other words, the slower drivers are not the Red Sea and Moses doesn't drive in the SNAIL RCS.

We actually have a google drive with all of them posted. I don't have the link right now but will get it posted tonight when I get home

14766702364_5007d27710_c.jpg

As Series Director, I want to make it clear around the “Blue Flag” process within this series. We do not have the benefit of a pit team that has access to the timing data to let us know who's coming up, and for some folks, who do not have the names displayed over cars, nor the driver's list cluttering up their HUD, they will likely just think someone is catching them and try to defend their position to the best of their ability. It is within their rights to do this. The lapping driver should treat every pass the same, no matter who it is and how much slower they may or may not be. So far as I know there is not a flagging system employed in the HUD in GT6 either. If there is, I (along with others) would certainly like to know where such flagging is displayed.

Slower drivers are not obliged to do anything special to allow faster drivers by. It is, and always has been, the passing driver's responsibility to pass another car contact free. There is no exception to this rule. If a car is being lapped, it is a courtesy for that driver to pull off the racing line, in a safe manner, which should usually be done after a turn before a suitably long straight, and let the lapping car go by. If the lapping car doesn't have sufficient overlap at the ahead driver's turn in, the behind driver does not have rights to the corner entry of his choice.

I don't want to get into specifics from last night in this thread however if you have questions about the above (without reference to past races), please feel free to discuss it below.

Thanks
Um how is it possible to get the names of the drivers off of your HUD?

If you're talking about the names of drivers over the cars, while in the lobby, go to watch race mode, in the settings menu there is an option to display drivers names.

If you're talking about the driver list on the right of the screen, you change that in the main lobby settings menu, or in the game options settings menu if not in a lobby.

If you're talking about the names of drivers over the cars, while in the lobby, go to watch race mode, in the settings menu there is an option to display drivers names.

If you're talking about the driver list on the right of the screen, you change that in the main lobby settings menu, or in the game options settings menu if not in a lobby.
Damn I should've know that. I could've actually used my mirror in my Peugeot 908 at Le Mans:(

When I first started playing GT5 I had all the HUD stuff displayed and I was very bad. We're talking D11 bad.

At one point, during GT5, my mentor and friend, @OwensRacing, advised I turn it all off, map, splits, driver list, everything. At that time it helped tremendously to avoid distracting clutter on the screen.

When GT6 released and there were tracks I had no knowledge of, I was forced to put the map back up, (first thing I did before I did my first offline race was turn all that crap off) just to help see what was coming up while I learned the knew tracks. I have to say I was kind of annoyed with having to use it again. Over time I got used to the map being there and if a car is in visual range on any of my views, front, left, right and rear, I ignore it now.

The elapsed time display and time to 1st place still annoys me when it pops up where it does, and so far as I know, can't be turned off without losing everything at the top. I think it should be moved, high and to the right or left. Not only that, the split to first should be changed to split to the next car, both in front and behind. Unless I'm in second, I couldn't care less what my split to 1st is. I'm more interested in the next car up the road and the one that might be chasing me down.

Some things PD does make absolutely no sense at all to me.

Last edited:
14817102213_680fa5783b_c.jpg

Last night the series headed to the tight corners of Tsukuba Circuit in what proved to be a slightly rougher night than I would have hoped for, but more on that later. Kicking things off we had KnockOut Qualifying (KOQ) which turned out to be very existing for some. With only 7 spots up for grabs and 9 entrants battling for those positions is was going to come down to the final minutes to see who made the filed. @Jayc2k set the bubble time of 0:57.209 midway through the session while @SkiwiNV and NORML_N just missing the cut although both improved their times throughout the session and just running out of time. Final results though was VERY close as NORML_N missed the cut by .004 seconds. Better luck next week guys as Im sure you will do better.

Race one started off great as the field was very clean getting through the first few laps as @et_ lead the field. The race saw very different pit strategies once again as there as a combination of 1, 2 and 3 pit stop strategies taking place. Ultimately, it was @et_ taking the checkerd flag followed by @dangerzone641 and @GGGMotorsport reaching the podium.

Race two on the other hand was really rough going into turn 2 and sadly a couple drivers felt the pain more than others. When the dust settled though the top 2 remained the same with @et_ and @dangerzone641 going 12 however it was @JWalker coming back from a DC in the first race to make it to the podium.

As it seems there is a trend in all the second races for some unintentional bumps, there will be a forthcoming rule change to help improve this situation. With full grids, varying degree of skill levels in the field and some tight first corners, the new rule change will greatly help improve this so that we can all enjoy some great racing. Look for this rule change tomorrow followed by a rule clarification on Saturday.

Next week the series heads to Twin Ring Motegi - East Circuit. Once again, knockout qualifying will start @ 8:00pm eastern with the potential of only having 5 spots available as the top 10 and the most recent series champion are potentially locked into the field.

Thanks everyone for some great racing last night.​

Unofficial Results

Knockout Qualification Results

14794165631_bdeeb7c411_m.jpg

Main Event Qualification Results

14610604320_2f2a57dc3b_n.jpg

Race 1 Results

14794218511_ba7b0be194.jpg

Race 2 Results

14610704308_584641f20c.jpg

Current Individual Standings

14610651898_61e5701e10_h.jpg

Current Team Standings

14610652958_fa7879409b_h.jpg

Current All Star Race Entries

14796928922_4c22d9724c_b.jpg

See you all next week at Twin Ring Motegi - East Circuit!

Last edited:

Last night the series headed to the tight corners of Tsukuba Circuit in what proved to be a slightly rougher night than I would have hoped for, but more on that later. Kicking things off we had KnockOut Qualifying (KOQ) which turned out to be very existing for some. With only 7 spots up for grabs and 9 entrants battling for those positions is was going to come down to the final minutes to see who made the filed. @Jayc2k set the bubble time of 0:57.209 midway through the session while @SkiwiNV and NORML_N just missing the cut although both improved their times throughout the session and just running out of time. Final results though was VERY close as NORML_N missed the cut by .004 seconds. Better luck next week guys as Im sure you will do better.

Race one started off great as the field was very clean getting through the first few laps as @et_ lead the field. The race saw very different pit strategies once again as there as a combination of 1, 2 and 3 pit stop strategies taking place. Ultimately, it was @et_ taking the checkerd flag followed by @dangerzone641 and @GGGMotorsport reaching the podium.

Race two on the other hand was really rough going into turn 2 and sadly a couple drivers felt the pain more than others. When the dust settled though the top 2 remained the same with @et_ and @dangerzone641 going 12 however it was @JWalker coming back from a DC in the first race to make it to the podium.

As it seems there is a trend in all the second races for some unintentional bumps, there will be a forthcoming rule change to help improve this situation. With full grids, varying degree of skill levels in the field and some tight first corners, the new rule change will greatly help improve this so that we can all enjoy some great racing. Look for this rule change tomorrow followed by a rule clarification on Saturday.

Next week the series heads to Twin Ring Motegi - East Circuit. Once again, knockout qualifying will start @ 8:00pm eastern with the potential of only having 5 spots available as the top 10 and the most recent series champion are potentially locked into the field.

Unofficial Results

Race 1 Results

Race 2 Results

Current Team Standings

See you all next week at Tsukuba Circuit!

Um not to burst your bubble but it says we are going to Tsukuba next week:odd:

Unofficial Results

Race 1 Results

Race 2 Results

Current Team Standings

See you all next week at Twin Ring Motegi - East Circuit!

Here's the URL I have bookmarked for the drive (please note I have no clue if this will work - pulling this from a mobile device which may or may not "personalize" the bookmarked URL):
https://drive.google.com/?overridemobile=true?overridemobile=true#folders/0BywSvR0IjUfQejhOajJnNVZEdVE

Thanks to Warden for volunteering, He will be posted the race replays in the following Google Drive that you can access should you miss saving it and want to see it later.

Here is the link - https://drive.google.com/?usp=chrome_app#folders/0BywSvR0IjUfQMXdzWkxQLTk4Rkk

If anyone has issues accessing the drive, please let me know.

I have done a 40 minute race to test fuel consumption at Motegi east. Have come across the fact that with the right throttle control, it is possible to take only 1 pit stop at motegi east. Unfortunately my lap times will probably be 2 seconds slower ever lap. I am trying to figure out if taking an extra pit stop and having faster lap times will make up for the slower lap times and only one pit stop. What i do know from this experience is that no matter how many pit stops you attend, you will still end up on the last lap together, how far a part you will be from the leader on that last lap is another story.

I should have no problem attending next Wednesday at Motegi, but unfortunately it falls on the same day that I host a 2 hour long endurance for prizes. The good news is that my 2 hour long endurance starts at 6pm, where Motegi will start at 8:45 or 9 pm. This will give me just enough time to jump into the Motegi race. If anyone is available before we start the Motegi racing, please join me for a 2 hour long BMW endurance. I set the timer for exactly 6 pm so if someone shows up after that timer then they are not eligible to attend. Their are 3 categories to drive in, a (Racing Class)-(Sports Class)-(Comfort Class) which means I'm seeking at least 15 drivers, 5 drivers for each category. As of right now i only have 5 drivers included in this event, 2 for the racing class, 2 for the comfort class and only 1 driver for the sports class. Each category of racing I'm giving away a $10 play station network gift card code to redeem inside the play station store for what ever. You can even redeem this code right inside Gran Turismo 6 at the main menu on the left called GT Store. If you have any interest in competing in this full traffic race then click here, or contact me here on GT Planet or even on Play station network. Good luck, and drive safe!

I'm not trying to advertise my racing here and I do not expect anyone to show up. I just happen to notice that my monthly endurance races landed on the same day of the week but at a different time of day so this is simply an invitation, not a club nor a league, just a simple 2 hour long race to test peoples internet connection stability. Think of it as a defensive driving course where you don't need any of your Heads Up Display, just keeping driving to your own music for 2 hours until you finish.

**I forgot to mention that Anti-lock brakes are not available inside this race, and their is a possibility or chance that it may rain! My suggestion is to buy all the racing and rain tires possible and reduce your brake balance so your brakes are not locking up in the first corner.**

Last edited:
go6
I have done a 40 minute race to test fuel consumption at Motegi east. Have come across the fact that with the right throttle control, it is possible to take only 1 pit stop at motegi east. Unfortunately my lap times will probably be 2 seconds slower ever lap. I am trying to figure out if taking an extra pit stop and having faster lap times will make up for the slower lap times and only one pit stop. What i do know from this experience is that no matter how many pit stops you attend, you will still end up on the last lap together, how far a part you will be from the leader on that last lap is another story.

Since I am not that talented, and once my tires get below about 6, my lap times tend to deteriorate rapidly, I try to pit to keep my slowest laps, exluding in and out laps and a lap where I might have an off or spin, within a max of 1.5 seconds of my posted fastest lap. The aliens out front, (after watching replays from Tsukuba a couple times, you might qualify as one, if for nothing else than how consistent your lap times were, even after you ran 20 laps of rubber off your tires, IIRC though, you did pit a second time, but really late in the race) seem to be able to run within 1 second of their best, even at the end of their stints, no matter how long they are. I model my pit strategy to emulate that, even if my skills and talent will only get me within 1-4 seconds of their lap times at any given time.

The absolute max I accept is 2 seconds slower than posted fastest. If lap times are above that, some new skids are indicated.

You are an absolute beast to consider running a 2 hour endurance and bounce into another 1.5 hour session of seat time. Just who do you think you are, Kurt Busch? ;) Watch out yer engine don't blow up. :sly:

Reactions: go6
Can I just say I plan to race the remaining 2 events for this season?
Sure, but if you want a guaranteed spot on the grid the Wednesday after next you'll need to follow the regular procedure. Acknowledged that one weekly post is not necessarily ideal, especially for those that don't spend much time on GTP or even the Online Leagues forum, but it does guarantee those outside the top 10 have every available opportunity to join the race. It also ensures a higher number of racers.

Whenever it's too difficult to make it to GTP just let me know and whenever I swing by I will carry your water and post your weekly race status:
Please note that Dragonwhisky is unable to make next week's race and has requested Wardenclyffe take his guaranteed grid spot.

After having some discussions regarding the potential rule change as mentioned in the post race report, Im going to hold off on implementing it for now.

As the Series Director, Without going into specifics, I'm going to say that I was disappointed in the start of Race 2 this past week at Tsukuba as I thought it would have gone better. This was partially due to the track itself however that is no excuse and we should strive to do better at the inverted field starts. I have a strong desire to make this the best racing experience I can for you guys and it bothered me to see the issue we had in the second race. You guys are great to race with because you all value sportsmanship and racecraft over race wins. As long as we continue to remember that, the racing will only get better. That said, I'm ready to put Tsukuba behind me and will get off my soapbox now.

Thanks everyone for supporting the series. See you on the track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back