◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg

Hey guys, to ensure we have different combos for each season, the voting options going forward will be themed. By theme, I mean that all the cars or tracks in the season voting process for a given season will have something in common such as all FF cars or all US cars, or all Nissan cars, etc

With that said, here are the themes for the next few seasons:
  • Season 3 – American Muscle Championship
  • Season 4 – Front Wheel Drive Championship
  • Season 5 – The Lexus Cup
  • Season 6 – Mid Engine Championship
  • Season 7 – The European Cup
  • Season 8 – 4WD Championship
  • Season 9 – The Honda Cup
  • Season 10 – GT300 Championship
This will help ensure that we are not racing the same type of car every season and to add some variety to the mix. In addition to all seasons featuring at least 1 City race, some seasons will feature an Oval race in the schedule.

To help support this effort, I will be hosting testing sessions for the next season on Mondays @ 9:00pm Eastern doing a series of short practice sessions on various tracks that I will use to determine the voting combos. This will also help in producing the upcoming season promo videos. All series drivers are welcome to attend these testing sessions.

That said, season 3 will feature the following cars:

14549172147_4620338b20_z.jpg

Monday 7/28 we will be testing the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car.
Monday 8/4 we will be testing the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (C6) LM Race Car.
Monday 8/11 we will be testing the SRT Challenger SRT8 Touring Car.

Thanks

Last edited:
14689300201_17235a28da_c.jpg

Below are the top 10 in points (plus the recent Individual Series Champion) with provisional starting spots on the grid. The below listed drivers need to confirm their intent to race this week at Tsukuba by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. erazer13
  2. JWalker_SSR7
  3. hognhominy - CONFIRMED
  4. dragonwhisky
  5. GrimGrnninGhost - CONFIRMED
  6. zii1993
  7. Parcells2
  8. TEAMworkPLEASE
  9. *DoublePass
  10. CoachMK21
Past Champion - turnupdaheat

All other divers not in the top 10 will need to qualify for the race via the "Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure".

Thanks and see you on the track Wednesday night!

I plan to race on July 30th, but there is a chance I may not. I will be returning from a trip to Bermuda on Tuesday late night / early morning Wednesday. So it depends on how tired I am, etc. I'll post an prior to the 8 pm deadline that night.

You don’t need to test any of those cars Grimm, Parcells is pretty sure they’ll all be awesome. I’ve yet to meet a GT6 “touring” or “race” car trim that didn’t drive fantastic right out of the gate so I’m guessing PD did just as good a job on those crappy American muscle cars? ;)

Parcells has every intention of running next week and will advise if those circumstances change.

You don’t need to test any of those cars Grimm, Parcells is pretty sure they’ll all be awesome. I’ve yet to meet a GT6 “touring” or “race” car trim that didn’t drive fantastic right out of the gate so I’m guessing PD did just as good a job on those crappy American muscle cars? ;)
Im not so much as testing the cars but rather the cars on various tracks and how they race in traffic.

14689300201_17235a28da_c.jpg

Below are the top 10 in points (plus the recent Individual Series Champion) with provisional starting spots on the grid. The below listed drivers need to confirm their intent to race next week at Tsukuba by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. erazer13
  2. JWalker_SSR7
  3. hognhominy - CONFIRMED
  4. dragonwhisky - CONFIRMED
  5. GrimGrnninGhost - CONFIRMED
  6. zii1993
  7. Parcells2 - CONFIRMED
  8. TEAMworkPLEASE
  9. *DoublePass
  10. CoachMK21
Past Champion - turnupdaheat

All other divers not in the top 10 will need to qualify for the race via the "Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure".

Thanks and see you on the track Wednesday night!
I plan on racing this up coming wednesday! 8)

DO NOT CHANGE CUSTOM WHEELS!!!!!

V1.10 has a pretty serious bug right now, Clicking on a custom wheel in the GTAuto tab is causing lockups and corrupted HDDs, game and save data. I would avoid it at all costs until it is fixed.

EDIT: fixed with hot fix
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_4370668.html
The following issue has been addressed:

- An issue wherein the game hangs under certain circumstances while changing the wheels.

Last edited:
DO NOT CHANGE CUSTOM WHEELS!!!!!

V1.10 has a pretty serious bug right now, Clicking on a custom wheel in the GTAuto tab is causing lockups and corrupted HDDs, game and save data. I would avoid it at all costs until it is fixed.
Yeah I second this. I was changing my wheels and it froze my PS3.

Interesting update. I have a list of all the cars that I could use for this series (44 in total) that were race cars, paintable and change/add a number. Will be interesting to see what I can add to the list.

Sadly, I was only able to add 10 cars to the pool of eligible cars to choose from however there are a couple I'm very interested in doing for a future combo.

I'll post the complete list of potential cars later this weekend.

14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg
Below is the list of eligible cars that can be used in this series. We will only use race cars that allow driver numbers to be added/modified and that can be painted. If you think there is a car missing from the below list that meet the requirement, please feel free to let me know.​

14558855648_0b67cf664f_o.jpg

I wanna use the red devil or the z gt500 base model. Can't wait till voting for next season already. I love this s15 but this new list has me excited. :P:gtpflag:

I wanna use the red devil or the z gt500 base model. Can't wait till voting for next season already. I love this s15 but this new list has me excited. :P:gtpflag:
I have to test a few of these but I do have some ideas for future seasons

Wednesdays race is going to be interesting and patience is going to be key for the first few laps until the field spreads out a bit. This is a race where pit strategy will really come into play and when you decide to pit. I dont see anyone doing a single pit stop as the left front takes a beating so it should be 2 or 3 stops depending on traffic and tire management.

I'm still going for one pit stop! lol just kidding, i have not done any testing so i don't even know what im talking about haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back