|☆[ SOUTHERN SLIDERZ ]☆|NOW RECRUITING AUS/NZ DRIVERS|

• Thread starter DrifTa-AJV
  • 367 comments
What a weekend so disappointed I didnt even get a room up on friday night been so busy ill be jumping on tonight

Tell me about it man I've spent like this entire day helping my girlfriend move to Wollongong from the city and I am absolutely spent.

Get my nbn connection set up tomorrow ohh yeah hopefully I can up my room settings had a room open before and greazy from mcr was in but it was lagging big time

Get my nbn connection set up tomorrow ohh yeah hopefully I can up my room settings had a room open before and greazy from mcr was in but it was lagging big time

Nice man, I have no clue what's happening with NBN round here

🤬 Well that went well come home and I have a line dug through my front yard and a cable next to the house and no Internet and phone :banghead: the idiots disconnected my original line and telstra technician doesn't come until the 19th I tell you what I think the nbn is like the insulation scheme inexperienced people jumping on board to cash up:mad:

All good its getting fixed tomorrow have you had any lobbies open and hows the pvr going im looking into getting a pci hdmi capture card for my computer.

Nah man just got home from helping the girlfriend move in today from yesterday cause I had to stay overnight haha, I'm sure I'll hop on tonight still need to order the HDTV cable ahh been so busy.

Never thought Id see the SS name back. Hope all goes better this time round 👍

Hey mate does that mean your back for round 2 it would be good to have some originals back. Things will kick off soon as we start getting some regular rooms up again.

@Stavingo Internet is up and running again might be on for a quick slide tonight but definitely going to have a good one on friday and Saturday night:tup:

Hey mate does that mean your back for round 2 it would be good to have some originals back. Things will kick off soon as we start getting some regular rooms up again.

@Stavingo Internet is up and running again might be on for a quick slide tonight but definitely going to have a good one on friday and Saturday night:tup:

And you could always still drift with the originals as well :sly:
But you know #JDMTALLDAY :cool:

I've been putting my creativity to the test this weekend continued working on the drift rig almost done now just gotta start glueing and bolting just about to start the hand brake mod and I'm scared silly about frying the circuit board when soldering I'm hopeless at it will post some pics soon

I've been putting my creativity to the test this weekend continued working on the drift rig almost done now just gotta start glueing and bolting just about to start the hand brake mod and I'm scared silly about frying the circuit board when soldering I'm hopeless at it will post some pics soon
Its east as to do, just make sure its the correct terminals. If your worried about cooking the circuit board, get a smaller soldering iron. I went out and bought a brand new 1 just so I could do mine.

had a good day in the garage
20140215_164823_Kerry Crescent.jpg

20140216_163558_Kerry Crescent.jpg
Chair base frame

20140216_222529.jpg

Chair and frame all mounted together with hand brake

20140216_222555.jpg

hand brake assembly

Soldered the circuit board for the hand brake and freaked out I plug it all in and my wheel wouldn't work :nervous: had to pull it apart a few times and managed to get it all working again with the new handbrake wire 👍 had me worried for a while.

Hopefully I can get the steering and shifter assembly done before Friday night so I can finally take this bad boy for a spin before I pull it apart and paint it.:cheers:

had a good day in the garage
View attachment 115802

View attachment 115804
Chair base frame

View attachment 115805

Chair and frame all mounted together with hand brake

View attachment 115806

hand brake assembly

Soldered the circuit board for the hand brake and freaked out I plug it all in and my wheel wouldn't work :nervous: had to pull it apart a few times and managed to get it all working again with the new handbrake wire 👍 had me worried for a while.

Hopefully I can get the steering and shifter assembly done before Friday night so I can finally take this bad boy for a spin before I pull it apart and paint it.:cheers:

Is the pipe sturdy? Seems like it could be a bit precarious...?

Also, how did you go about the handbrake? what did you have to pull apart and solder, just out of curiosity, because i'm definitely not going and pulling apart my Fanatec and poking around it with very, very hot items.... ._.

Is the pipe sturdy? Seems like it could be a bit precarious...?

Also, how did you go about the handbrake? what did you have to pull apart and solder, just out of curiosity, because i'm definitely not going and pulling apart my Fanatec and poking around it with very, very hot items.... ._.

The base is sturdy as mate especially with timber and bolts through it the real test is going to be the steering wheel assembly will let you know next weekend as for the fanatic bro I wouldn't have a clue im using the chilicoke mod for g25 just tapping into the circle button.👍

The base is sturdy as mate especially with timber and bolts through it the real test is going to be the steering wheel assembly will let you know next weekend as for the fanatic bro I wouldn't have a clue im using the chilicoke mod for g25 just tapping into the circle button.👍

Seems like it would be pretty good then, always nice to see other people ideas, because i'm definitely looking into making a rig for my wheel real soon!
Most likely just gonna go for something simple though, probably just wood, unless i can find a way to bend metal piping, and then getting a relative to weld it for me...

Anyways, good luck with the rest of it, looks like it will be a nice bit of rig !

Back