• I don't care either way

Votes: 118 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Iowa, USA
LVracerGT
1.05 brought back a couple missing features from GT5, a couple new features, and a fair bit of undocumented changes that can be found here, along with the list of official changes.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-1-05-undocumented-changes.304878/

So, are you happy with the what the update added/revised or annoyed that major bugs are still present and still no promised features and content?

I'm kinda half and half for both satisfied and not.

The off-track nonsense was extremely annoying and now that it has been reduced I'm happy about that, also being able to filter by Garage and also by Manufacturer and then PP in online lobbies is a much needed improvement but I needed it a few weeks ago. Also on the open lobby front I can now see what lobby settings are used before I enter which is incredibly useful and saves a lot of time wasted entering lobbies with Boost on or whatever.

Also the copying of settings tabs in tuning is a nice feature that I'm glad has come back, also being able to know if I'm in over the regulations in a lobby whilst tuning is a common sense feature to finally be enabled online. Most of this stuff is like that anyway, stuff that should've been there day one.

But on the other hand the other stuff that was added/tweaked has no use for me. I don't race Karts and I've already done the kart races in career mode so the changes to them don't matter to me, the race suits don't affect me either as I've purchased every one. The car search is a nice feature but I have most all of the cars that I want.

Triple-display doesn't interest me, but I know people that are happy it's finally returned - again another feature that should have been there day one.

Better than nothing and it will do until we get the Community features, a new track - any track - and another VGT car - any will do.

-+I don't have multi-monitor, but I may use the FOV "glitch"
+I love the Car Search addition
-The login bonus circle next to the credits is annoying
-I don't care about go-karts
-There is no new track, which is now 10 days late

I'm right at the "meh" mark on the Unsatisfied---Satisfied scale. Car Search is a great addition, but everything else sucks.

In the poll satisfaction poll I have to give it a 3/10, because the poll has too few options.

In the update satisfaction poll I can't vote, because I either have to chose between dancing on clouds, walking through the valley of shadows, or not caring at all. If there had been a scale from 1-10 I would have given it a 4.

I think it brought some good stuff: Car search is probably the best one, followed by the return of offroading and karts on weather change tracks. The "hide driver name/flag" option for online multiplayer seems like a nice thing as well, although it seems like an unintended feature. But hey, unintended features are also features :cheers:

I was hoping for a new VGT car and that new track, but I guess I'll have to wait a little while longer...

The car search function is super cool to me. 1K+ cars needed a better search engine. I treat the dealership as my garage anyway.

Agreed this update satisfaction poll should allow us to vote on how satisfied we are with said update, rather than if we're satisfied or not.

I'm giving the latest update 3/10 also. Glad PD have updated something. Frustrating they're not updating things that NEED updating.

I ticked "not satisfied" but, truthfully, I did not expect much anyway so I can't really be unsatisfied.

I can understand that some people will be satisfied and I am happy for them. For me, I don't race online so none of the online updates are relevant to me, Shifter Karts were a nightmare that still freaks me out when I think of them so that side of things isn't relevant either nor is multi-monitor as I only have one. The car search thing is a useful thing to have but not something I really needed as i am happy to search the dealerships and the log-in bonus icon is something that's small and tiny but is irritating as it wasn't needed.

So, all in all, I expected next to nothing useful to me and got next to nothing useful to me so, on that score, I'm satisfied :lol:

Removal of the names in online races is a big plus for me - I get easily distracted by the names when they blur together when everyone is bunched together, especially when trying to do some team effort (with friends.)

Relatively pleased with this update (assuredly, I'm in the minority here though.)

Since there's been no communication as usual, it's good to see they are alive and work on the game at all, but overall I am not satisfied at all. I don't know how much longer they plan to hold back on giving us the promised content their previous game on the same system even had since release, because at some point they will actually have to move their focus of development onto the PS4/GT7 and once that happens, major features pending for a game on last gen shouldn't even be a topic to think about.

I am aware that different people within PD may be working on different things and therefore some things are done and ready for release before others, but it does seem pretty odd that multi monitor support which probably concerns less than 1% of the game's buyers has a higher priority than, say, the track creator. Changing the way how racing suits are purchased is another ridiculous example, even with all the complaints about GT6, who actually asked for that? Who needs such a change? It's not even a thing you would naturally do when fixing bugs in code, it's just an unnecessary change without further reason to it, wasting some PD employee's time.

My main complaint is not knowing anything about what they do and the overall lack of communication. GTPlanet is proof how big the community of this game series is and it's the best resource if PD really struggle to understand what fans of the series and players of their game demand. But all we get is Kaz telling us things we need to consider rumours and ideas at best. Even worse, he keeps hinting at things he or the team have in mind which in many cases cannot end up in the game as planned, therefore creating more hype and impatience, plus a lot of anger/frustration once they release things differently than 'promised' by Kaz.

I mean, who still considers an overhaul of the sounds engine on this game realistic when they can't even get content from GT5 implemented by now?

Last edited:
I couldn't care less tbh.

GT gives me what I want at the moment, the ability to rinse around in a plethora of cars, on a very good selection of tracks.

Anything more is a bonus.

I seriously can't see why people care for the off track malarkey.

I'd like the option to disable the off track TCS, but only for more realism whilst racing. Not to play in the dirt.

Might I suggest dirt3 to all the budding offroaders (or even the dedicated dirt courses in GT?)

r u kiddin me? (with strong italian accent);

am I satisfied?

untitle.JPG

I seriously can't see why people care for the off track malarkey.

I'd like the option to disable the off track TCS, but only for more realism whilst racing. Not to play in the dirt.

Might I suggest dirt3 to all the budding offroaders (or even the dedicated dirt courses in GT?)

I don't like because I don't go offroading, but when I get a tire on the sand at Willow my lap is ruined because I might spin out, or just lose time because of it.

But at other tracks, last night at Monza for example, I went off-track from a mistake and the grass just about made the car come to a full stop from like 150mph or so.

And the sand on the first turn at Brands Hatch - if I get pushed wide there, or just miss the braking point and end up in there by accident I have to spend 5 minutes getting out and will be so far behind the rest of the pack that I might as well forfeit the race.

1.05 is almost completely useless 👎

Not even 5% of players will ever be able to use multi-screen setups. Hell, some of them won't even get a wheel and space for their gaming setup AT ALL. Next, why would anyone need sorting racing suits by color or car searching functions? I thought dealership sorting functions were perfectly sufficient.

Is this REALLY what we were awaiting for well over a month? Also, we are once again supposed to find out what bugs were fixed by ourselves.

I'm getting worried about the future of GT and of PD. GT6's improvement over GT5 is near zero (aside from improved visuals and physics). It's a good racing game, but a terrible Gran Turismo. Its sales are low, which speaks for itself. I really hope that the franchise won't go down soon...

As much as I hope for PD to do their best and I really root for them, I think their lack of communication and seemingly being completely unaware of what the community hints will make them fall sooner or later. And it's not gonna be a quick, painless fall, let alone a silent one.

PD, get your (stuff) together, god dammit!

And the sand on the first turn at Brands Hatch - if I get pushed wide there, or just miss the braking point and end up in there by accident I have to spend 5 minutes getting out and will be so far behind the rest of the pack that I might as well forfeit the race.

I get your point, but it's not usual that you see cars accelerating from sand/gravel/whatever traps anywhere near as fast as they do on tarmac. Hell, sometimes you see them STUCK in these.

Is that a sign of positiveness or acceptance of the inevitable, Toko? You seemed rather down in the dumps recently.
Yeah, it was probably due to the long wait, is why I felt all negative. I don't really feel as grumpy as I used to anymore after the update. I'm actually starting to feel alittle better. Positive Toko making a come back? :D

I get your point, but it's not usual that you see cars accelerating from sand/gravel/whatever traps anywhere near as fast as they do on tarmac. Hell, sometimes you see them STUCK in these.

Yes, but in the real world cars don't come to almost a complete stop (20mph) when the hit the sand - usually they keep going until they hit a tire wall. And it happened on grass as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back