• 66 comments

DK

No-one's having an A1 day
Premium
Ireland
Ireland
driftking18594
CiaranGTR94
Yesterday, while trying to install 1.07, I decided to quit the installation by selecting "Quit Game" in the PS3 menu. Instead, my PS3 was turned off. Since then, every attempt at installing has failed, and not one pixel of the progress bar is filled. I even tried leaving it on for the night, waking up only to find ABSOLUTELY NO PROGRESS has been made.

Have I ruined my PS3 when it was turned off during that first installation attempt? Have I broken this game beyond repair?

I've got the same issue. No progress and error messages. I've rebooted my router and PS3 several times.

I've tried uninstalling the GT6 game data (but not my save file, obviously), now I play the waiting game.

DK
Yesterday, while trying to install 1.07, I decided to quit the installation by selecting "Quit Game" in the PS3 menu. Instead, my PS3 was turned off. Since then, every attempt at installing has failed, and not one pixel of the progress bar is filled. I even tried leaving it on for the night, waking up only to find ABSOLUTELY NO PROGRESS has been made.

Have I ruined my PS3 when it was turned off during that first installation attempt? Have I broken this game beyond repair?
With over 9k posts here you're certainly no noob. So I have to ask, with all that history here (the smartest web-site in the history of the World), why on earth would you screw around with PD during a download? I was scared 🤬-less just because I missed the first activation attempt once the game tried to restart after installing that massive steaming 🤬-pile. I certainly hope you get it all worked out, but if I were in your place, I'd be considering my game a loss. I have zero faith in PD's ability to sort out the ending point you created and picking up the thread again to make it all work right.

I'm going to have nightmares now.

I tried to quit the download by quitting the game and exiting to the PS3 main menu. I had no idea my PS3, instead of going to the main menu, would turn itself off instead.

DK

Have I read well? :odd:
You quitted the game during the installation process?

I guess you corrupted all the GT6 data by doing so.
Now the only solution I see is erase all GT6 data and reinstall all updates, no matter the time it takes.

I installed the 1.07 update yesterday. It took circa 40 minutes to download and install. Then the "ninja" update, although it would indicate more than 70 minutes, took much less than 10 minutes.

...the "ninja" update, although it would indicate more than 70 minutes, took much less than 10 minutes.

The time indicator is seriously broken in the GT6 update system. It went from 100 minutes, to 150 minutes, to 20 minutes, & then back up to 100. It was all over the place!

However, the update actually downloaded faster than any of them. Fortunately I needed to charge up my DS3 at the time, so just left my PS3 running.

Have I read well? :odd:
You quitted the game during the installation process?

I guess you corrupted all the GT6 data by doing so.
Now the only solution I see is erase all GT6 data and reinstall all updates, no matter the time it takes.

I installed the 1.07 update yesterday. It took circa 40 minutes to download and install. Then the "ninja" update, although it would indicate more than 70 minutes, took much less than 10 minutes.

Hmm. I may have done the same thing accidentally. It will play GT6 v1.06 just fine though.

Is deleting and reinstalling GT6 the solution? I've got a game save on a thumb drive. Help!!!!

VBR
The time indicator is seriously broken in the GT6 update system. It went from 100 minutes, to 150 minutes, to 20 minutes, & then back up to 100. It was all over the place!

However, the update actually downloaded faster than any of them. Fortunately I needed to charge up my DS3 at the time, so just left my PS3 running.
I've tried again this afternoon, I deleted all updates and then re-downloaded them, and the bar STILL wouldn't progress beyond 2%, and it remained stuck at "40 minutes remaining".

Hmm. I may have done the same thing accidentally. It will play GT6 v1.06 just fine though.

Is deleting and reinstalling GT6 the solution? I've got a game save on a thumb drive. Help!!!!
Well, if your 1.06 runs fine, try to install 1.07 again.

I read many times that deleting all game data and reinstalling properly solved many problems (I had to do it once with GT5...).

If you do so, remember that all saved replays or photos will be lost...

And do not forget to copy your game save on a USB drive (and on your PSN account if you have one). I have 3 copies of my game save: two on different USB keys and the third one on my PSN account.

DK
I've tried again this afternoon, I deleted all updates and then re-downloaded them, and the bar STILL wouldn't progress beyond 2%, and it remained stuck at "40 minutes remaining".
This is weird...

I have no solution to suggest to you. With all previous updates properly installed it should work fine...
I don't understand this bug.

This is weird...

I have no solution to suggest to you. With all previous updates properly installed it should work fine...
I don't understand this bug.

When I've deleted all updates, and go to re-download them, the top progress bar (during the download) is always something/6. There's no 7th update.

Should I try the official PSN forums for help?

DK
When I've deleted all updates, and go to re-download them, the top progress bar (during the download) is always something/6. There's no 7th update.

Should I try the official PSN forums for help?

I'm guessing two things.

1. You don't have a recent backup

2. Forcing the game to quit while installing has probably corrupted the file system

There is a way to force a rebuild of the file system, I'm looking for the thread now...

No, I don't think I have a recent backup. I really hope this doesn't mean a re-formating of the HDD. :scared:

Oh, it turns out that I do have a recent backup. It's 2 in-game days behind my main savefile, I think the only difference between the two is that I have an attempted Sesto Elemento replica on the main one.

Thanks for finding that thread. :cheers:

Did you only delete your main save file? I don't have much to lose if that's the case, the backup file is 50 minutes older.

At this point, I'm going to try one of the reboot methods on top of deleting every previously-installed update.

Last edited:
DK
Did you only delete your main save file? I don't have much to lose if that's the case, the backup file is 50 minutes older.

At this point, I'm going to try one of the reboot methods on top of deleting every previously-installed update.

I deleted the game data as well as the main save and backup. I think the game data reinstall did the trick. I put the disc back in and it started updating straight away. Reloaded my back up and it's good to go. Took about an hour.

I'd tried rebooting the router and ps3 but that did nothing. Good luck.

DK

I think you should delete everything from GT6: all updates and game data (of course, copy your game save on a USB drive beforehand). Then reinstall GT6 from scratch. It might take a long time but, IMO, this is the only way to have a clean GT6 installation.
Hope this works.

VBR

Similar experience here. :lol:
Hey, I was truly concerned how my download would go from reading some of the issues some folk have had. :nervous:
My internet speed is woefully slow compared to a lot of the World speeds. (Australia is way behind :( )
My indicator started at 110 minutes, jumped to 180, then back to 120 within the space of approx. 2 minutes. :confused:
I took a 2 hour nap while it performed the update, woke up and it was ready for the install, another break. :indiff:
This went fairly smoothly and quickly, then the ninja update.
Started at "70 minutes left" and was completed in 10. :confused:
All went pretty smooth I thought. 👍

I'm going to try one last time today, I have a uni exam to do and I guess I'll just delete all previous updates, copy my save file to my PS+ storage, rebuild the file system and THEN see if leaving my PS3 alone for a few hours will do the job.

try this, backup your GT6 backup save and main save to usb. Run the game. See if it updates. If it does it will create a new save. Delete that save and restore the saves from USB.

If you are still having this issue, download the update via Ethernet cable. DO NOT do it wirelessly. Had this happen to a friend. Was suggested to hardwire the ps3 connection for the download - did it - worked first time.

Wouldn't work after trying many, many times via WiFi. Tethering off phone worked as well.

We tried deleting all of his GT6 data as well off of the PS3 getting the 1.07 update.

The update is supposedly downloaded already. It's the actual installation that's causing me problems. The screen that I can't progress past looks like one of the mini-updates.

No, I'm not getting any error codes. Everything's fine until it tries to install, and then it apparently freezes.

At the moment I'm away from my PS3, I've just come out of an exam.

The progress bar is flashing when trying to update, it's not that the screen actually freezes.

Back