1.07 installation refuses to progress

• Thread starter DK
  • 66 comments
At the moment, I've been updating since about 10am this morning. If I have no progress by 7pm tonight, I'm giving up until 1.08.

I've already tried reverting to 1.0 and downloading all the updates once more, and it didn't work.

I've tried rebuilding the file system, and it didn't work.

I've tried restoring the database, and it didn't work.

I am desperate for a solution that will work.

Sorry for the double post, but this is the screen I'm stuck on:

zwktrjk.jpg

It is a tedious process. On PS4 I read everything is a brisk. Anyhow I think it took more or same time for me install than download it. It started of by showing 1hr but quickly cam down to 20mins. It took may be 10mins or actuallly. Can't remember was watching some TV in the meantime. lol

My PS3 was stuck on that screen for nearly 9 hours. There's no way it should take that long.

Are you sure your HDD is ok ? Or may be some file got corrupt or something if it only happening on GT6. May have to install GT6 from first and then trying updating :confused:

I've tried re-installing every update already. I've tried rebuilding the file system.

It's the 120GB model, the first "slimline" version.

DK
Yesterday, while trying to install 1.07, I decided to quit the installation by selecting "Quit Game" in the PS3 menu. Instead, my PS3 was turned off. Since then, every attempt at installing has failed, and not one pixel of the progress bar is filled. I even tried leaving it on for the night, waking up only to find ABSOLUTELY NO PROGRESS has been made.

Have I ruined my PS3 when it was turned off during that first installation attempt? Have I broken this game beyond repair?
well probably not ruined it... I installed NFS Most Wanted and left it over night. Next morning, progress was still where i left it. So i restarted it. It worked... just often times NFS crashed and made me restart the game, like RESTART. I finally beat it... Anyways, if there is a picture you could post of what your screen says, please post it! that might help us all a bit to understand more. My assumption is its not broken. Have you re-started PS3? Unplugged it for about 15 seconds (While off)?

well probably not ruined it... I installed NFS Most Wanted and left it over night. Next morning, progress was still where i left it. So i restarted it. It worked... just often times NFS crashed and made me restart the game, like RESTART. I finally beat it... Anyways, if there is a picture you could post of what your screen says, please post it! that might help us all a bit to understand more. My assumption is its not broken. Have you re-started PS3? Unplugged it for about 15 seconds (While off)?

Just scroll up the page.....

DK
I've tried re-installing every update already. I've tried rebuilding the file system.

Have you tried to install or update another game that you have ? This is just to see if the HDD is fine or not. The worst case is the HDD might have bad sectors, or the SMART function is having a bad day.

I had an external USB HDD that had SMART error when diagnosed after sudden power outage ( it's uses external power - AC Adapter ). When I read the data ( play HD movies ) on the external USB HDD, the movie stutters and then random errors. What I did was unplug the HDD from power, unplug the USB, open the case, disconnect the SATA connector and leave it off for more than 24 hours. Put it back together, and connect it again to my laptop, and ran the SMART diagnose tool, and the error was gone, movie plays smoothly again :)

So, maybe take the HDD out for a few hours to 24 hours, and put it back again. I would try just a few minutes first, see if it works.

I haven't tried to update any other games yet. I haven't tried taking apart my PS3 either, mostly out of fear that I won't be able to put it back together, and also because I don't have a screwdriver in the house.

At this point I just want to smash my PS3 to bits. I can't see how anything other than a total wipe of the HDD would fix ANYTHING. It all feels so hopeless.

DK
At this point I just want to smash my PS3 to bits. I can't see how anything other than a total wipe of the HDD would fix ANYTHING. It all feels so hopeless.
When the little install screen comes up (the one you displayed the photo of) are you right there ready to hit go? There was lots of chatter earlier in this game about you had to OK the operation within a couple of seconds for things to proceed smoothly. If there's any chance you were slow to OK the mini-update try again and just wait on it to come up, then be ready for any chance to proceed further. Hatin' it for you, friend.:cheers:

When the little install screen comes up (the one you displayed the photo of) are you right there ready to hit go? There was lots of chatter earlier in this game about you had to OK the operation within a couple of seconds for things to proceed smoothly. If there's any chance you were slow to OK the mini-update try again and just wait on it to come up, then be ready for any chance to proceed further. Hatin' it for you, friend.:cheers:
No, I didn't hit go. I'll try your solution later today.

It turns out that bluecharger's solution couldn't be tried. The X button was disabled at the pre-installation pop-up. Pressing the O button just starts the process over, before the installation began.

I've tried EVERYTHING suggested in this thread so far, and NOTHING has worked!

Reading back on what I posted I said to do this

"try this, backup your GT6 backup save and main save to usb. Run the game. See if it updates. If it does it will create a new save. Delete that save and restore the saves from USB."

What I accidently left out is that after you backup both your saves, delete them off the PS3 so that there is no GT6 savedata present on the PS3. Then try running the game.

I deleted the main save and backed up the main save to my PS+ storage, and then deleted that from my PS3. It hasn't worked.

I've contacted Sony, and their representative has told me to "re-initialise" my PS3 - effectively wiping the HDD, so right now I'm backing up my save files before doing it.

And now I'm back at square one. The PS3 switched off BY ITSELF during the installation, forcing me to wipe my PS3's memory AGAIN.

DK
And now I'm back at square one. The PS3 switched off BY ITSELF during the installation, forcing me to wipe my PS3's memory AGAIN.

I had the same problem. Disable the internet in 'Network settings' and allow the installation to complete. Then enable the internet and system will automatically complete the installation of the downloaded update (1.07) . After this start the game and enter your Player name and finish a game to save the settings. Restart the game and voila!

I had the same problem. Disable the internet in 'Network settings' and allow the installation to complete. Then enable the internet and system will automatically complete the installation of the downloaded update (1.07) . After this start the game and enter your Player name and finish a game to save the settings. Restart the game and voila!

Can anyone confirm this works? I'm having the exact issue with 1.08 tried everything mentioned with no resolution .OP, did you ever get it working on 1.07?

I didn't get it working for either 1.07 or 1.08. At this point, I'm losing hope, and I feel like abandoning GT6 until I can afford a digital copy or a new hard drive.

DK
I didn't get it working for either 1.07 or 1.08. At this point, I'm losing hope, and I feel like abandoning GT6 until I can afford a digital copy or a new hard drive.

Yeah nothing in here worked for me either. My 1.07 installed with no issues.

I really don't think it's the HDD though. My other games install okay. I wiped my Call of Duty game data and it reinstalled fine.

Here's the final error I'm seeing. Is it the same for you?

20140530_225713_zpswa6hxuyr.jpg

Back