1.07 installation refuses to progress

• Thread starter DK
  • 66 comments
I was getting the same error message all night or sometimes it wouldn't even get that far and the HDD light would stop flashing and the mins remaining would start rising. I tried deleting GT6 game data and re-downloading 1.08 I tried backing up my game save onto USB and deleting off my profile as well as restoring files and rebuilding database. I finally pulled the disc out and saw I had some pretty good smudges on it DOH! I copied my game save back onto my profile and it installed in about 30mins. Just keep your eye on that HDD indicator if its flashing your in business.
joystick.gif

Last edited:
I was getting the same error message all night or sometimes it wouldn't even get that far and the HDD light would stop flashing and the mins remaining would start rising. I tried deleting GT6 game data and re-downloading 1.08 I tried backing up my game save onto USB and deleting off my profile as well as restoring files and rebuilding database. I finally pulled the disc out and saw I had some pretty good smudges on it DOH! I copied my game save back onto my profile and it installed in about 30mins. Just keep your eye on that HDD indicator if its flashing your in business.
joystick.gif

Mine flashes the whole time until it says error, my disk is clean. :( Thanks for the suggestions though!

Yeah nothing in here worked for me either. My 1.07 installed with no issues.

I really don't think it's the HDD though. My other games install okay. I wiped my Call of Duty game data and it reinstalled fine.

Here's the final error I'm seeing. Is it the same for you?

20140530_225713_zpswa6hxuyr.jpg

No, I've never gotten to that stage. It just says "x mins remaining" and stays there.

I'll try checking how clean the disc is.

Check your space on HDD. Also do a restore file sistem on ps3 if it helps
Did the restore file system, did the rebuild database. It DOES run faster now... but it STILL won't install the 1.08 update. I have over 20GB free LOL

I cleaned the disc, and after two weeks of trying 1.07 (and 1.08) is finally working!

To everyone who's posted suggestions, thank you all for your help. :cheers:

DK
I cleaned the disc, and after two weeks of trying
1.07 (and 1.08) is finally working!

To everyone who's posted suggestions, thank you all for your help. :cheers:

LOL damnit!I'm happy for you, but that paired with the fact that you don't get to the fail screen leads me to believe me issue is something else.

Back