1.10 update problem

• Thread starter Bfc_1882
  • 51 comments
@MRG yes that was exactly the problem I had like I say I reloaded game data not save data and turned user background music back to standard and no problem since

I'm having problems with freezing when viewing cars in the Online Collectors dealership. Was able to buy one car this morning, but trying to buy a 2nd car caused a freeze. Also having similar problems as others with the online events not completing.

I've got all the music disabled and PS3 and GT5 are at latest updates.

My PS3 is having issues reading game disks as well, so on Saturday its going back to the shop for a repair/swopout with one day left on the warranty. I have a 250Gig PS3 slim.

Edit: Have done a full backup, reformat and re-install of everything and it hasn't helped.

Yep take it back there's nothing else you can try I think you have covered just about everything there lol

I've actually spent a full week trying everything. Last night things were looking promising when I deleted the installed data and left GT5 to install data on the fly. I did the first 2 seasonal Civic events without problems and I even left the PS3 on all night running remote racing with Yonis's widget.

This morning when I collected my winnings and was about to buy the last car I didn't already have from the Online Use car dealership it froze.

Edit: a warning to anyone who tries the backup/restore thing - you lose all your photos and replays! So be careful to export your photos and replays first from inside GT5.

Is your ps3 on 3.65 and gt5 game on 1.10 update. And have you reinstalled the game data (not game save data)???

Exactly... there is a firmware upgrade (aka PS3 system upgrade) that is required for the GT5 v1.10 update to run properly. Look in the system/updates section of the PS3 menu screen, it's toward the left.

And it does not seem to matter which is loaded first... I did the GT5 v1.10 update first and then the firmware upgrade and my 120GB slim is working great. (Would have done it the other way around, just to have a software upgrade applied to a system that was already updated, but like I said everything's running fine.)

Same problem here..after finishing a (offline) race the results won't show and I'm stuck in driving the track stationary. Also stucks in License mode and I noticed that not all the small previews of my cars are showing in the garage. Deleted and re-installed game, but error keeps happening..damn you update 1.10!👎

My game freezes when it attempts to load nurburgring nordscheliefe or 24H, but I think that it is just my disc.

I had my first freeze after a Seasonal Even last night. Game data is fine after a restart.

New PS3 update 3.66 offers a glimmer of hope for freezing problems:

A new system software update is now available for the PlayStation 3.

The new system software will update your software to Version 3.66.

The update will improve operating quality of the PlayStation 3 and the overall Network service.

[UNQUOTE]

Will find out tonight.

What is the 8 gig update?

Edit: I'm going to test as soon as I get home using the Honda seasonal on the Eifel track. This is where my PS3 locks up every time just as the track loading bar is about to complete

8 gig = 8 GB installation. Nothing happend. But I can remember, that the glitch after the re-installation showed me the bar, but I couldn't select.

Just got the chance to test Eifel. PS3 froze again, so the new update changes nothing. I'm goint to try the full install of the data now, last time I tried it it froze with about 3 minutes to go.

Now the PS3 won't even read the GT5 disk. Saturday morning I'm packing it up to take back to the shop.

Just had a scary ass moment, was grinding the UCD for news cars using a b-spec event to cycle it, exited a race and the damn game froze. Left it for 10 minutes, nothing so used the PS button to quit the game. Reloaded, BAM, save corrupted, ****!!!! I was not sure if I had a backup that was current, fumbled to get my pen drive in the PS3 to check and I was lucky. There was a game save I had backed up from earlier in the day when I was trading, lucky lucky lucky, only lost 4 cars and a ticket, could have been much worse. :(

Ok guys, I have had this problems for a couple days now and it PISSED me off.

So I decided to do a few things and didn't EVER have the same problem since.

First thing I did was delete game cache from the options menu.

Then I did pre-install game data also from the options menu. I had it already pre-installed so it took like 3 minutes. I did NOT erase all game data first, so basically, I pre-installed pre-game data twice.

Lastly, I put the race BGM to original (Not personal BGM). I think this last step was the main solution.

Like I said, had zero problems ever since. And, of course, this may not work for everyone.

If it DOES work, let us know! :]
Thanks, it did work. I'm so happy now. Very glad you posted the solution.

Last edited:
Just had a scary ass moment, was grinding the UCD for news cars using a b-spec event to cycle it, exited a race and the damn game froze. Left it for 10 minutes, nothing so used the PS button to quit the game. Reloaded, BAM, save corrupted, ****!!!! I was not sure if I had a backup that was current, fumbled to get my pen drive in the PS3 to check and I was lucky. There was a game save I had backed up from earlier in the day when I was trading, lucky lucky lucky, only lost 4 cars and a ticket, could have been much worse. :(
Damn, that's bad. Hope the damage isn't too bad.
I know, that you wrote it. But you're a lucky man.

Damn, that's bad. Hope the damage isn't too bad.
I know, that you wrote it. But you're a lucky man.

The worst thing is that most of the thumbnails of my cars are broken, and when you have 1631 cars it's a problem. Having to do each one manually is not good, already been at it for over an hour and am losing the will to live. :crazy:

The worst thing is that most of the thumbnails of my cars are broken, and when you have 1631 cars it's a problem. Having to do each one manually is not good, already been at it for over an hour and am losing the will to live. :crazy:

Some of mine thumbnails are broken, too. They'll show you the normal car, not the RM's.

Ok guys, I have had this problems for a couple days now and it PISSED me off.

So I decided to do a few things and didn't EVER have the same problem since.

First thing I did was delete game cache from the options menu.

Then I did pre-install game data also from the options menu. I had it already pre-installed so it took like 3 minutes. I did NOT erase all game data first, so basically, I pre-installed pre-game data twice.

Lastly, I put the race BGM to original (Not personal BGM). I think this last step was the main solution.

Like I said, had zero problems ever since. And, of course, this may not work for everyone.

If it DOES work, let us know! :]

I was experiencing game freezes too a while back. Very annoying. Just wanted to confirm that simply turning off custom music made the game work perfectly again. 👍

Latest Posts

Back