1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter KingFrog
  • 179 comments
I think nobody said it before but lightning in some tracks has been adjusted.

Specially at Monza and Nurburgring at the time 15:00 there's more direct sun light, object shadows and more yellowish atmosfere. I have not tried others but those two I knew how they were before because I liked how they looked. Not sure about the new looks. There may be some other lightning tweakings in other tracks I think.

Small one: 2 minutes is the new frequency of the Airplaines in Blue Moon Bay.
Before it was 47 seconds.
(Now the new frequency is similar to real life).
Were they even more frequent? (sorry never drove Blue moon apart from the tests)

It would make sense now that is also takes longer to complete a lap.

" If a driver continues to drive without complying with a certain amount of Time Penalty, additional time penalties will be added. (The additional penalty depends on the DR);"

It has been possible to drive and absorb the penalty over the remaining laps. Has this now changed and you have to brake to serve the penalty ?

Someone tried this ?

" If a driver continues to drive without complying with a certain amount of Time Penalty, additional time penalties will be added. (The additional penalty depends on the DR);"

It has been possible to drive and absorb the penalty over the remaining laps. Has this now changed and you have to brake to serve the penalty ?

Someone tried this ?

It more sounds as you need to serve it up untill the end of the lap...

If true that would be the best part of this update but I didnt notice I was doing monza circuit experience and with tcs off 458 gt3 spinning my wheels like crazy from stand still and not even a bit of smoke :(
Anyone else noticing more tire smoke than before? Like significantly more.

When buying a new car, the cars are displayed in new scapes (Some kind of mountain road (Stelvio?), a village and a few others)
The penalty time is displayed differently during a race (it shines from red to white)
Game seems to be more stable, no more random crashes so far.
There are more things displayed in the various tabs of the Discovery Mode.

EDIT:

You can now load a car and keep it's original livery.
You can change rims/paint them without losing the original livery.

It more sounds as you need to serve it up untill the end of the lap...

I think that it´s not that... I´ve read somewhere else that there´s a limit for the penalty time (accumulated) and some a little more added time when it is reached before.. you are pure and simply put away... puff... "GAME (RACE) OVER" for You!

Have we always received a small amount of DR for completing a circuit experience? I just did Monza and my Dr shot up a whopping 38 points.

I think nobody said it before but lightning in some tracks has been adjusted.

Specially at Monza and Nurburgring at the time 15:00 there's more direct sun light, object shadows and more yellowish atmosfere. I have not tried others but those two I knew how they were before because I liked how they looked. Not sure about the new looks. There may be some other lightning tweakings in other tracks I think.
I think i like more how they look now more realistic while in the past they looked too greenish.

BUG: Effect sounds that play on Circuit Experience when you get a sector reward are now extremely loud. I don't know if this is new as of this update, but I went in there to do the new Monza circuit and it definitely woke me up.

Yep, much louder now. Sound crackles still there too.

Potential bug(?):
I did one of the F1500 races and every time an F car overtook me and got right ahead of me, it completely drained the noise in my own engine.
Second this. It drowned out the sound of my car so bad it broke my concentration to the point i was bouncing off the rev limiter and didn't notice before I went off into the sand (again). It was never that bad in other cars.

Back