1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter KingFrog
  • 179 comments
Were they even more frequent? (sorry never drove Blue moon apart from the tests)

It would make sense now that is also takes longer to complete a lap.

I believe they used to be triggered at a certain spot every lap, I think (never tried it) in replays you could spam the rewind button near this spot and it'd spawn an ungodly amount of planes. I remember a picture making the rounds in the Discover>Race Photos section of a swarm of airliners, I'm pretty sure that's how they did it.

Hope someone's willing to test the new frequency, if it's a timed auto-spawn or still based on a lap/spot trigger, etc.

I believe they used to be triggered at a certain spot every lap, I think (never tried it) in replays you could spam the rewind button near this spot and it'd spawn an ungodly amount of planes. I remember a picture making the rounds in the Discover>Race Photos section of a swarm of airliners, I'm pretty sure that's how they did it.

Hope someone's willing to test the new frequency, if it's a timed auto-spawn or still based on a lap/spot trigger, etc.

Grinding blue moon last night (pre update) it looks like there are always three planes spawned at any given time. Once one disappears over the stands another one appears as a tiny dot in the sky behind the next two planes.

Second this. It drowned out the sound of my car so bad it broke my concentration to the point i was bouncing off the rev limiter and didn't notice before I went off into the sand (again). It was never that bad in other cars.

I’ve had it happen with other cars, usually in one make races. I think it’s when the car near you is at exactly the same revs as yours and they somehow cancel each other out.
It is a known oddity in the music production world. In a nutshell, you can play a song at the same time as an instrumental version and it will mute the music on both and leave you will the vocals as an acapella.
It’s more complex than that but you get the idea.
It is definitely not limited to the new F car or since this update.

I did the interval measurement with the car stopped.
(But even though there where no planes in this interval, we could still hear some distant plane sounds).

Last edited:
If true that would be the best part of this update but I didnt notice I was doing monza circuit experience and with tcs off 458 gt3 spinning my wheels like crazy from stand still and not even a bit of smoke :(

I noticed it going into a slide with the MR2, but agree I didn’t notice it too much from standstill. Might just be me but I feel like before even going into a spin I didn’t see nearly as much tire smoke as I am now.

I noticed it going into a slide with the MR2, but agree I didn’t notice it too much from standstill. Might just be me but I feel like before even going into a spin I didn’t see nearly as much tire smoke as I am now.
Well thats something also but still its ridiculous that 900hp la Ferrari spinning wheels from stand still all the way up to 4th gear and almost zero smoke :boggled:

re: build up of marbles on Monza and Blue Moon... I didn't notice it visually (wasn't looking for it at the time), but I was racing the Daily Gr.3 at Blue Moon and felt like my traction through corners was lower in the last few laps than it was at the start - thought it was odd since there was no tire wear in the race. So maybe it has an effect?

I dont know if this is from the current update or the last one. But on lap 19 of 30 in the new endurance race i forgot to go into the pit, i realized this on the main strait, turned around and drove back to the pit. But when i drove into the pit i was automatically teleported back to the track. So it seems like you cant drive back to pit if you forgot anymore after you have passed the start line. I know you could do that before since i have done this before, only in offline races ofc.

NEW to the official website: At gran-turismo.com in the community section users now have a new tab for 'My Library' to enable viewing the collection of everything that has been downloaded to the account from others.

I'm sure it's new, I don't remember seeing it before today.

Last edited:
NEW to the official website: At gran-turismo.com in the community section users now have a new tab for 'My Library' to enable viewing the collection of everything that has been downloaded to the account from others.

I'm sure it's new, I don't remember seeing it before today.

I'm pretty sure it's been like that since at least November. To begin with it used to frustrate me that an option called 'My Library' showed me stuff I'd got from other people, rather than stuff I'd shared myself (instead we have to go to 'My Profile' > 'Gallery'), as such, in those early days I'd added my own stuff to my library after sharing it.... (must have been drunk or something)

My mind might be playing tricks with me, but I'm sure we were only able to view downloaded collections from within the game, so if this tab on the website has been there all along how on earth has it only just today got my attention?. :boggled:

I think its PD being smart and realizing that 20 cars spinning their tires at a standstill will make the FPS drop, but the odds of 20 cars all spinning out at once inclose proximity are slim.

Those arcade mode track selection changes apply to time trials as well.

Possibly also to VR? Can someone with VR check?

Some track & visual changes at Monza when you choosing GT League/Endurance League/Gr. 3 Endurance League.

The F104 Star-fighters now have Contrails in the Italian flag colour at the start.
The large orange barriers have been removed at Variante del Rettifilo as well as Variante dela Roggia (The two chicanes after the pits)
I have also noticed that the bots have gotten dumber! Sometimes they will leave the track and not get back on for a minute or two...

When visiting another player profile, you can see their DR progress bar. It has always been possible when checking your own stats, but I'm not sure if it has been the same when visiting other players stats. I don't visit other profiles very often so I might have missed this tiny detail, but I remember the game only showing their DR letter, not their progress bar.

When visiting another player profile, you can see their DR progress bar. It has always been possible when checking your own stats, but I'm not sure if it has been the same when visiting other players stats. I don't visit other profiles very often so I might have missed this tiny detail, but I remember the game only showing their DR letter, not their progress bar.
No, progress bar has always been there :)

Back