1.17 update major issue *READ*

• Thread starter X3sgteX
  • 488 comments
While testing the limits of this tranny bug I noticed some cars actually perform fairly well after their transmission had been automatically placed into that semi-default position.(speed slider & final at default w/ the numbered gears at lowest -or- far left position)

The Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model performs fairly well as 5 speed on the 600PP Red Bull Ring Seasonal(it is still a 6 speed with pointless 6th gear in these positions)

Just a little silver lining in this most recent dark and ominous cloud hanging over PD studios

I am by no means whatsoever praising this tranny bug. It is absolutely amateur of PD to allow this to happen in the first place. It is utterly ridiculous and an insult to the loyal fans/tuners who play daily to allow this to go on this long. If this isn't on the top of their list of priorities, it should be, and if it already is, then they need to quit dragging their feet and fix it already. The longer this goes on the more I lose faith in this title and the more I fear we may see some "fix" similar in respect to what we got with camber. A dumbed-down number version of what we used to have, that's now more 5 yr. old-friendly and arcade-like.

Pleeeease prove me be wrong PD. I really do want to love you, but your not making it easy

I feel they may be having issues resolving it because I don't think it's completely related to update 1.17. Definitely 1.17 is when it became widely known but I do remember instances of myself and others talking about their gearboxes being reset to default while on 1.16.
The issue was that it hadn't been pinned down to anything specific as we had no idea what lead to the trans being reset.

Can anyone else confirm they had this issue during 1.16 ?

Just tested with 1.16, the problem is unique to 1.17. It only resets the trans on the tuning sheet your using at the time. Anyway no bid deal or me, I usually have the same setup on at least 2 sheets.

Last edited:
I was able to accept a week as reasonable timeframe to fix something possibly fairly small (in the grand scheme of things), but now we are coming up on two. I'll still play here and there, but I see it eventually blowing up to being such a pain I might stop playing completely til it's fixed.

Besides, other games having been grabbing at my interest anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is taking them long enough to fix this problem. I hope this does not keep on dragging out. One of my KTM X-Bows lost its motorcycle gearing I setup for it after this glitch. Until this glitch is fixed I will not be re-tuning the gearbox in my X-Bow.

I was able to accept a week as reasonable timeframe to fix something possibly fairly small (in the grand scheme of things), but now we are coming up on two. I'll still play here and there, but I see it eventually blowing up to being such a pain I might stop playing completely til it's fixed.

Besides, other games having been grabbing at my interest anyway.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I only turn on GT6 to B-spec grind.

In the mean time, I've gone back to a GT game that PD can't mess up with updates.

7A35D3D6-671D-493D-8AE2-FBD1CCED6D76_zpskwlug9as.jpg

Man, I miss the race mods.

Bug is still going huh? Haven't logged in since it started. I only do seasonals for the most part.

Last edited:
Had a 1/2 hour to kill before work this morning (bloody birds!!!). The thought of knocking off two laps around the ring crossed my mind...but then I remembered, my poor transmission :(

....guess I could have used something stock now that I think about it :lol: :banghead:

Guess I actually have a reason to build a new Yellowbird with a stock drivetrain that I've been thinking about for a while.

Man, I miss the race mods.

Bug is still going huh? Haven't logged in since it started. I only do seasonals for the most part.

You can do the seasonals this way:

As long as you have one of the tune pages blank( either A,B or C) You can use your best car with this bug even your prized tuners. However until this is fixed do not use your prized tune. for instance if you have an awesome tune in slot A, copy that tune to slot B and then just reset the tranny as currently allowed. The bug wont mess up the tranny settings in a slot other than the one you're currently using.

I know this does not remedy this enormous debacle on PDs part but at least the top cars can still be used even if they're only sub-par without the tranny tune.

Good luck fellow tuners. hang in there.

Okay, I think I am done with these people. I don't whine much on these forums - I'm an old fart, but the question begs to be asked - do these people actually play their own product? They cannot fix the single biggest issue thus far - and Lord knows there have been plenty of them and I just did the F40 Seasonal which is absolute rubbish. It may as well be a third drift event. I had (had being the operative word) that car tuned just fine, it was at the very least manageable and I had won races with it in the past. So what do PD do? They make it handle like there is oil on the track - and completely unrealistic I hasten to add. Did the thought not occur to these people that if they want to make the event tougher (which I am all for) - lower the time required - don't turn your product into a frustratingly bad arcade game!! I did gold it by the way so this is not a sour grapes rant - BUT it was just not fun. Which leads me to my original point - are Kaz and co actually fans of their own game, do they actually even play it? Until they raise their quality control I am hanging my gloves up.
Happy Easter Everyone. :cheers:

@Mercury1 had to test that seasonal, felt pretty similar as whole game after two last updates: better.
Picked stock F40 and altered slightly on suspension and LSD and did some 1.30 time on noABS, after powerup and real tune should take few seconds out easily.
Physics just are better, body rigidity (straight or bended body)and camber plays much bigger role on traction.
Not complaining changes what PD have done on physics lately.

@Mercury1 had to test that seasonal, felt pretty similar as whole game after two last updates: better.
Picked stock F40 and altered slightly on suspension and LSD and did some 1.30 time on noABS, after powerup and real tune should take few seconds out easily.
Physics just are better, body rigidity (straight or bended body)and camber plays much bigger role on traction.
Not complaining changes what PD have done on physics lately.

The F40 drives like a champ in 1.15 and 1.16 :P I tested F40 EU Auto Motorsport Mag 1989 replica long ago, and it should easily get below 1:30s on SH tire with a non TT pace :lol:

Just copy and save your settings to another tuning sheet, now that we know about it its simple to deal with. Unless you have 3 different transmission setups it nothing more than a minor inconvenience to copy your tune from the saved sheet.

Just copy and save your settings to another tuning sheet, now that we know about it its simple to deal with. Unless you have 3 different transmission setups it nothing more than a minor inconvenience to copy your tune from the saved sheet.
Works in some cases...but like you said, if you run 3 custom setups, you're still screwed.

Most of my cars that get used online have 3 setups, and need more sheets to be honest. I use:

-500pp SS Nür
-500pp SS Circuit
-500pp SS Short Track
-then, wet versions of all those setups.
-then, SH versions of those setups, plus their wet track equivalents.
-some cars, I also have so RS setups, just because RS rooms are easier to find at times.

And that's all just at a fixed pp point...never mind building a car that has multiple pp setups.

As it stands now, I have to buy a seperate car for each PP level, and for each type of tire.

And yes, I'm talking about online, which is not effected by the 1.17 glitch....but I still really like to test and hotlap my online cars, offline. If I only have a short window to play, I'd rather not waste time trying to find a lobby, and just jump on a track and run agaisnst my ghost.

It's sad to see that PD has done nothing to resolve this transmission issue. How many more weeks will pass before I can play this game again. I'm not about to buy new cars to run seasonal events. Most of my cars have tunes for different PP levels saved. I don't have room to add more. Hopefully they have it fixed soon...

Yeah sadly, I keep a drift tune, regular, and some whacked out thing usually on each. (Sometimes Rally). I'd hate to mess up any of them. I'll just not even log in until they fix it. I'd rather give the hint.

Yeah sadly, I keep a drift tune, regular, and some whacked out thing usually on each. (Sometimes Rally). I'd hate to mess up any of them. I'll just not even log in until they fix it. I'd rather give the hint.
I still haven't updated yet. Was hoping a fix would come quick...guess not. I miss doing the seasonals though.

Its so obvious people have stopped playing the game. The top names that are almost ALWAYS at the top of seasonal world rankings are no where to be found, also I can rank in the top 1000 in the world with lame barely gold times (where as normally Id be much lower in the rankings)

Wake up PD your losing dedicated fans

I am honestly sick and tired of waiting... the bug doesn't stop with changing the Final Drive even by just one click. Just selecting an old car with a proper tune and going to the Settings and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING triggers the bug. Just a few minutes ago I did the Race Car Drift Event seasonal. Now for this Seasonal, I always use my BMW M3 GTR Race Car. I had its transmission properly tuned to handle the extra power from the Engine S3 and the Hi-RPM Turbo. So I selected the tune which had the drift tune, checked the transmission to see if it was okay (I just simply checked, I dropped down the Transmission tab and did absolutely nothing to the tranny settings), went out to the race track and notice that my gears seem to top off rather quickly. I then go back to the Settings, only to find that the tranny has gone back to default, with 6th gear being very, very long. What the 🤬 just happened... this bug is driving me crazy.

I still refuse to think that the fix for this dreadful, horrid, appalling, ungodly cesspit of a bug would NOT come as a hotfix (which would be sooner), but rather, along with the next update (hopefully; which, could be much, much, much, much, MUCH later). But the more the days pass, the more it seems that way.

Back