1.17 update major issue *READ*

• Thread starter X3sgteX
  • 488 comments
Set final gear
Set speed to minimum(or whatever tune says)
Adjust gears
Set final
Move speed slider up and back down-the values change when moving the slider up,but return to custom settings when moved back down
Go race

How much clearer can I make it ? I've now tried this with over a dozen cars with flipped gearboxes(using tunes from this site,set over the past few months) and none of the gears have reset to default under entering any game mode-go try it
Uhm it does not work,have fun resetting your trannys.
There is only 1 way to do it,I have explained it over and over.
Go online,make a room/lobby.
Go take tuner whatevers tune,flip your tranny,adjust final gear for the track you want to race on "offline".
Once you have perfected your tranny for the track,go back offline and don't touch the final gear,max speed if you do go back to the top of this and start over.
If you touch your final gear or max speed offline it will reset.

Go take tuner whatevers tune,flip your tranny,adjust final gear for the track you want to race on "offline".
Once you have perfected your tranny for the track,go back offline and don't touch the final gear,max speed if you do go back to the top of this and start over.
I can't believe how many people are having difficulty grasping what is going on here. I am beyond baffled. Personally, I'm in the camp that hopes PD changes things back to the way they were, pre-1.17 update. Until then I can either drive my cars with default transmissions (or ONLY adjust the top speed slide) or go open an online lobby, or join an existing one, and use my flipped trannys there.

I can't believe how many people are having difficulty grasping what is going on here. I am beyond baffled. Personally, I'm in the camp that hopes PD changes things back to the way they were, pre-1.17 update. Until then I can either drive my cars with default transmissions (or ONLY adjust the top speed slide) or go open an online lobby, or join an existing one, and use my flipped trannys there.
You can use a flipped tranny offline also,as long as you adjust the gears/max speed in an online room.
Then go back offline and your fine.

Same for me. I will be waiting till they patch this.

For now I have plenty of cars to take online. This current work around on trannys aren't as fast.

I would also say false.
I've certainly had flipped transmission setups that were created online get reset offline.

But ... I haven't created a new flipped tune online since 1.17, and then tested it offline.
I'm not sure if that's what he's suggesting.

I would also say false.
I've certainly had flipped transmission setups that were created online get reset offline.

But ... I haven't created a new flipped tune online since 1.17, and then tested it offline.
I'm not sure if that's what he's suggesting.
OK so you haven't tried it.
Trust me

Bob is driving new cars & racking up credits. My tuned cars are sitting idle until they push out a fix, it amuses me, they are the anti-Midas. Things they touch don't turn to gold, & that ain't tarnish...

I've spent half an hour doing a quick test as suggested.
Unfortunately I had no success.

Method:
Bought new car.
Opened online lobby.
Bought and installed custom transmission.
Flipped transmission. (moved final > moved max. speed > adjusted gears > moved final)
Went on track.
Quit and checked settings ... no reset.

Quit open lobby.
Single player > Time trial.
Went to track ... gearbox reset.

In Time trial:
I re-flipped transmission ... gearbox was reset.
Moved max. Speed > adjusted gears > moved final ... gearbox reset.
Moved final > moved max. speed > adjusted gears ... gearbox settings stayed.

The last process was the only way I could hold gearbox settings offline.
But this isn't what I would term as flipping the transmission.

Quick question, as I'm a n00b. What is the actual technical benefit of Tranny Flipping? Does it allow for ratio's that are otherwise not achievable? Or is it just a convenient method for spacing them? Does it allow you to do something that otherwise you could not do unless following that sequence?

Quick question, as I'm a n00b. What is the actual technical benefit of Tranny Flipping? Does it allow for ratio's that are otherwise not achievable? Or is it just a convenient method for spacing them? Does it allow you to do something that otherwise you could not do unless following that sequence?
yes, yes, i dunno, yes

It is an :odd: method which everybody learned an took as a must, an only. :drool:

Method:
Bought new car.
Opened online lobby.
Flipped transmission. (moved final > moved max. speed > adjusted gears > moved final)
Went on track.

Quit open lobby.

In Time trial:

OK so it must be me and the guys that race together every night then.

Method:
Bought new car.
Opened online lobby.
Went on track.

Quit open lobby.

In Time trial:

OK so it must be me and the guys that race together every night then.

Aussie has properly flipped a transmission.

Killer has not.

The misinformation is beyond my grasp, but to set it clear, NO other transmission setup can beat the setup that has been used for years, like aussie has just shown. Telling others there's a new way to flip and it's just as fast shows your lack of understanding of how the flip works.

Aussie has properly flipped a transmission.

Killer has not.

The misinformation is beyond my grasp, but to set it clear, NO other transmission setup can beat the setup that has been used for years, like aussie has just shown. Telling others there's a new way to flip and it's just as fast shows your lack of understanding of how the flip works.
Really? So you want me to explain to people how to flip a transmission? Ok so having replied to a person who I thought understood how to do it,going through all the steps and adjusting final gear would be the last step in the process,yes it does work.

jimbag doesnt know what a flipped transmission is then
Your the one that posted this,really?
the tranny flip is what enables people to exploit the physics and get unrealistic amounts of grip, making their tyre turn orange and staying orange without scrubbing any speed.. and then their cars handle like shopping karts and they cry when they wreck themselves tring to block you.. **** those people

Really? So you want me to explain to people how to flip a transmission? Ok so having replied to a person who I thought understood how to do it,going through all the steps and adjusting final gear would be the last step in the process,yes it does work.

Your the one that posted this,really?
the tranny flip is what enables people to exploit the physics and get unrealistic amounts of grip, making their tyre turn orange and staying orange without scrubbing any speed.. and then their cars handle like shopping karts and they cry when they wreck themselves tring to block you.. **** those people

Correct that would be the final process, which would reset the tranny. Anything less is not a flipped transmission.

The tranny flip, enables people to use more or less gears effectively while staying in powerband and minimizing gear lag.

Correct that would be the final process, which would reset the tranny. Anything less is not a flipped transmission.

The tranny flip, enables people to use more or less gears effectively while staying in powerband and minimizing gear lag.
OK bro I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about,thanks for informing me how to tune a tranny and what the flip does. :confused:

Are you sure about this?

I didn't catch the sarcasm, seems like a stab at me? No?

Killerjimbag was referencing this post :

You were quoting jimbag post that was not related to my response on TRL_andromeda post.

jimbag doesnt know what a flipped transmission is then

Neither do you, apparently.

Back