1.17 update major issue *READ*

• Thread starter X3sgteX
  • 488 comments
Have you figured out how to fix it? If not, then are you really in a position to audit the inner workings of a very successful developer?

So according to what you're saying if I make a major screw up at work and my customers are upset at the result they should either help find a solution or just stay quiet until I fix my screw up?

Sounds logical... Gonna try that tomorrow at work :lol:

I feel they may be having issues resolving it because I don't think it's completely related to update 1.17. Definitely 1.17 is when it became widely known but I do remember instances of myself and others talking about their gearboxes being reset to default while on 1.16.
The issue was that it hadn't been pinned down to anything specific as we had no idea what lead to the trans being reset.

Can anyone else confirm they had this issue during 1.16 ?

I feel they may be having issues resolving it because I don't think it's completely related to update 1.17. Definitely 1.17 is when it became widely known but I do remember instances of myself and others talking about their gearboxes being reset to default while on 1.16.
The issue was that it hadn't been pinned down to anything specific as we had no idea what lead to the trans being reset.

Can anyone else confirm they had this issue during 1.16 ?
two things caused it before 1.17:
1. Many cars had these wonky gearings when you first installed the "fully customizable transmission", so you always had to "reset to default" before you started tinkering.
2. It also happend sometimes when you changed a power part wich changed the max rev of the engine. this will alter the values of the gears. It usually only ends up as minor changes, but if one of those values ended up beyond the limit, the entire gearbox would be reseted to to these wonky settings (its not default, as you can tell by the fact that 6'th gear gets unproportionately long.)

I wouldn't really consider it being an issue before 1.17 though, as you would never encounter it if you did everything right (i.e powerparts before gearbox settings, and always reset before tinkering.) :)

Last edited:
So according to what you're saying if I make a major screw up at work and my customers are upset at the result they should either help find a solution or just stay quiet until I fix my screw up?

I believe it's the time honoured, "If you can't make a better game then you should shut up", defense.:sly:

I don't recall gearbox issues before 1.17.

Keep in mind there was only 3 weeks between 1.16 and 1.17.
And as I hardly touch offline, it wouldn't really stand out to me.
But, the most obvious thing that would/should stand out is perhaps the 500PP Mid-Field (GSX-R/4) and 627PP NASCAR seasonals.
I don't recall gearbox frustrations doing those events.

No, that's not what I am saying.

I don't recall gearbox issues before 1.17.

Keep in mind there was only 3 weeks between 1.16 and 1.17.
And as I hardly touch offline, it wouldn't really stand out to me.
But, the most obvious thing that would/should stand out is perhaps the 500PP Mid-Field (GSX-R/4) and 627PP NASCAR seasonals.
I don't recall gearbox frustrations doing those events.
the things I listed above was in 1.16, 1.15, 1.14, and probably before that. I think it started with the infamous 1.09 update. Anyway they are still present and you can check them out. (however I'm not sure what cars have it and what cars doesn't.):)

But again, it was not an issue.

@Aussie_HSV My case aswell, because I hardly did seasonals/offline/free test during 1.16 it wasn't something that stood out.

@X3sgteX I am pretty sure stealthhh had it happen to him as well.

@TRL_Andromeda - I know of both these circumstances and it definitely wasn't either of those. It was a case of "I had a tuned transmission, and now it is default".

I am probably barking up the wrong tree but I do recall having and hearing of transmissions being reset prior to 1.17 and just wanted to throw this out there.

Nothing to apologise for my friend. I'm just jogging my memory and remembered this occurring and thought I'd post it up to see if others experienced it.

Please don't take my comment as an attack or trying to discredit you because it's not but I hope you're wrong because the vast majority on this thread noticed this "bug" after 1.17. Now if this has been going on way before, as you suggested, and PD only decided to acknowledge it now because it's a hot topic on GTP means they're a lot more incompetent then we thought and they can expect a lot more hate mail... And deservedly so

Please don't take my comment as an attack or trying to discredit you because it's not but I hope you're wrong because the vast majority on this thread noticed this "bug" after 1.17. Now if this has been going on way before, as you suggested, and PD only decided to acknowledge it now because it's a hot topic on GTP means they're a lot more incompetent then we thought and they can expect a lot more hate mail... And deservedly so

I take no offense what so ever to your comments and I understand exactly where you are coming from.
I could be wrong and that something else had caused the trans to be reset during 1.16 but if there is a slim chance I am correct, it may help PD in understanding the issue.
The problem may have been created by 1.16 and it was random ? and possibly something in 1.17 made it consistent ?
Think of my comments as "brainstorming" if you will.

Thanks for your understading @jezboosted

the 2 most important elements of tuning that helps you accelerate out of a corner, tranny and camber, are messed up at this point (online, offline, whatever it's :censored:ed up). For those that care about going faster than the guy next to them this is unbearable :ouch:

I think the bug doesn't stop with fiddling the final gear. I have a Dodge SRT4 with a transmission tune that I have poured in blood, sweat and tears for about 2 weeks. I haven't touched it since the 1.17 update, not even once, but when I got back to it, the tune is gone. It just reset itself without me fiddling around with the settings before the update.

Has anyone else experienced this? You have a car with a precisely fine-tuned transmission, only to get back to it with a default tune.

I think the bug doesn't stop with fiddling the final gear. I have a Dodge SRT4 with a transmission tune that I have poured in blood, sweat and tears for about 2 weeks. I haven't touched it since the 1.17 update, not even once, but when I got back to it, the tune is gone. It just reset itself without me fiddling around with the settings before the update.

Has anyone else experienced this? You have a car with a precisely fine-tuned transmission, only to get back to it with a default tune.
No. I have probably driven 40 different cars since the v1.17 update and none of them have had their transmission settings reset. That is very unfortunate, what happened to you.

I hope they will fix it soon enough ....i am trying to tune up some cars and i cannnnnttt..anyway i hope also fix the Mitsubishi Evo IX because nothing can be added on it

Can't believe this isn't fixed yet :(. Online stability over the weekend was pretty terrible as usual...got DC'd or crash in most lobbies. Playing online was frustrating at best, and I'm scared to lose my transmission tunes if I hotlap offline.

.....there's pretty much nothing left to do is this game where you don't have to worry about the game itself punking you.

As long as you have one of the tune pages blank( either A,B or C) You can use your best car with this bug even your prized tuners. However until this is fixed do not use your prized tune. for instance if you have an awesome tune in slot A, copy that tune to slot B and then just reset the tranny as currently allowed. The bug wont mess up the tranny settings in a slot other than the one you're currently using.

I know this does not remedy this enormous debacle on PDs part but at least the top cars can still be used even if they're only sub-par without the tranny tune.

Good luck fellow tuners. hang in there.

Back