1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
My son spent the day with my mom since he's on spring break and brought me home this:
1711578234575.png

I had to make a stop at Hobby Lobby the other day and discovered they have Hot Wheels:
View attachment 1347520
The artwork for the Porsche looks like trash.

Anyway I find it strange that this thread isn't more active these days. The 1/64 scale market has exploded in popularity with all sorts of models being available from a huge amount of brands, so the thread should be busier than ever. I feel like I'm making the biggest contributions now:lol:

Anyway I find it strange that this thread isn't more active these days. The 1/64 scale market has exploded in popularity with all sorts of models being available from a huge amount of brands, so the thread should be busier than ever. I feel like I'm making the biggest contributions now:lol:
I agree, while the market has exploded, my purchases have become more sporadic lately. My money has to be spread between multiple hobbies, so something has to give. I have a $400 eBay cart waiting to pull the trigger on! You have amazing access to the newest ones too, for example, I haven't seen the MiniGT F1 GTR #59 yet here in my area. I usually only buy what I like as well.

I agree, while the market has exploded, my purchases have become more sporadic lately. My money has to be spread between multiple hobbies, so something has to give. I have a $400 eBay cart waiting to pull the trigger on! You have amazing access to the newest ones too, for example, I haven't seen the MiniGT F1 GTR #59 yet here in my area. I usually only buy what I like as well.
I do buy a lot of cars on eBay too. However the amount of models I can find in "Games World" now is much more than before, particularly when it comes to MINI GT's. I've been to the stores in Eastland, Chadstone and Highpoint and their selection is insane. Highpoint, the second biggest shopping centre in Australia, is rather close to me so I go there quite frequently. I sometimes buy up to 5 cars at once. There's never been a better time to be a collector.

Last edited:
IMG_3431.JPG
IMG_3432.JPG
IMG_3439.JPG
IMG_3442.JPG
IMG_3433.JPG
IMG_3434.JPG
IMG_3435.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG
IMG_3438.JPG

The Yaris is sick:lol: BM Creations know how to make an ordinary box interesting. Gotta love the Vehicross too. Another good thing about collecting in this era is being able to get F1 cars such as the all-conquering RB19 without spending $120 on a 1:43 scale model. The Civic Type R was more of a "screw it" purchase because despite not being the biggest Civic Type R fan, I understand that this new generation is an important car for Honda. I need it in my collection for that reason.

Back